Yeti Missing from EE Today?

Goofyernmost

You could always ignore it then.

And let those who consider it a symbol of some of the many things that are wrong with the company today to continue to hold them to account.
Seriously, I don't recall trying to stop you. I'm merely trying to put a little less fantasy and I little more reality in todays Disney. If you want to be frustrated until the day you die about what Disney Co. is doing to the parks, be my guest. If you want to make a drama out of every situation that todays world finds us in, go for it. I have found a way to accept reality and try and enjoy what is there not lament what isn't. If I want to do that I will lament the fact that there isn't a couple million dollars in my checking account. That isn't going to change either.
Then why did you even open a Yeti thread?
Just always hoping to find some semblance of common sense and reality in the discussion. Your right though I should just stand aside and let you all cry on each others shoulders over something that you have no real control over and that I doubt anyone even really knows the reasoning is into not fixing it. (other then they are to cheap, that is a direction that has no more credence then "disney is a business"). So, with your advice I will refrain from clicking on to this anymore. Happy whining!

andysol

Just always hoping to find some semblance of common sense and reality in the discussion.

Translation: I want someone to agree with me. Guess what @Goofyernmost - people can have common sense and reality and differ from your point of view. In fact, they have. So please don't come into a thread telling everyone who doesn't disagree with you that they dont have a "semblance of common sense and reality"- because not only is it rude, it's simply incorrect.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
hn1uu.jpg

jaxonp

I hate that the yeti doesn't work but I hate it more that people are obsessed with the yeti not working... good lord people get over it already. The ride is 98% the same.

Magenta Panther

The ride is an embarrassment. The elaborate queue is all about the monster we don't even get to see. As it is, the ride is now just a roller coaster with some pretty scenery plus it goes backwards, wow, how innovative. :p

What, exactly, is the excuse that the yeti hasn't been fixed? I mean, the NEW excuse?

Tom Morrow

The ride is only "an embarrassment" if you allow the negativity of these forums and the childishness of the WDW diehard fanbase to convince you as such. It's still a beautiful and impressive structure, it's still a fun ride, it's still more detailed and immersive than 99% of all other roller coasters in the world.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The elaborate queue is all about the monster we don't even get to see.

If the AA Yeti never existed, there still is the animated shadow of the Yeti tearing up the tracks. That gives you a clearer idea of what happened to the tracks than an AA Yeti grabbing for you.

Tom Morrow

One could argue that not physically seeing the yeti is actually still in theme. The queue presents evidence of the yeti and then asks you to decide for yourself if you believe it, followed by a disclaimer from Himalayan Escapes Tours and Expeditions stating that they sustain that it is just a legend.

Tom Morrow

Until you go inside the mountain. Then BTM wipes the floor with it.
This is true, but even with this flaw and the broken yeti... RCDB.com says there are 4,259 roller coasters currently in operation. From a thematic perspective, Everest is still easily in the top 1%.

Side note, the light leak is more baffling than the broken yeti. The leak is due to the gap between constructed tunnel and staircase around the interior track and the track itself. For safety reasons these gaps are fitted with a safety net. If they covered the nets with a solid sheet this would solve the light leak problem. It's such an easy fix.

Last edited:

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
a large moving object on a platform, especially with a swinging downward movement of a large appendage, is an accident waiting to happen. I'm surprised within the first few months of operation, the Yeti didn't break off from its base and fall; glad it didn't because that lawsuit we'd still be talking about.
I think that's why he han't been fixed yet because they're afraid he'll be fixed, then catastrophically fail, then injure/possibly kill someone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom