Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I know this was obviously asked a bunch of times, but I don't want to go through 91 pages to find the answer... Is there a way* they can remove the Yeti from the mountain? Or does it have to be taken apart piece by piece?

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

I know this was obviously asked a bunch of times, but I don't want to go through 91 pages to find the answer... Is there a they can remove the Yeti from the mountain? Or does it have to be taken apart piece by piece?

I'd like to know too. A HECK of a lot of folks here would. CAN the Yeti be fixed? If so, why hasn't it happened yet? And if it were to be fixed, how would it be done? There are a lot of knowledgeable people here - does anyone have the definitive answer about fixing the Yeti?

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I know this was obviously asked a bunch of times, but I don't want to go through 91 pages to find the answer... Is there a way* they can remove the Yeti from the mountain? Or does it have to be taken apart piece by piece?
The yeti was installed after the mountain was finished. The yeti was built in California and shipped to Florida in crates by trucks.

So...to answer your question, the Yeti would have to be disassembled inside of the mountain in order to be removed just like he was installed to begin with.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The yeti was installed after the mountain was finished. The yeti was built in California and shipped to Florida in crates by trucks.

So...to answer your question, the Yeti would have to be disassembled inside of the mountain in order to be removed just like he was installed to begin with.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. The only reason I asked was because of a Facebook post where some person said that they can't fix the yeti because they can't get it out, stating that the mountain was built around the yeti. I thought that was some bull facts coming from some random guy. I wasn't buying it. d:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Thanks! That's what I was thinking. The only reason I asked was because of a Facebook post where some person said that they can't fix the yeti because they can't get it out, stating that the mountain was built around the yeti. I thought that was some bull facts coming from some random guy. I wasn't buying it. d:
You would be correct. The Yeti foundation was built at the same time as the track foundation and the mountain foundation.

Perhaps that is what the guy is confusing with the mountain being built around the yeti.

G00fyDad

Trust me. Any engineer that would design a mountain around a structure that was not part of that mountain with no way of getting the structure out would be worse than useless to any company. It would be equivalent to a construction worker completely building a room with no doors while they were still inside. Disney may be slow, but they have some of the best people working on their projects.

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
A little off topic, but after re watching those posted commercials, it would be cool if the ride had snow effect at least at broken track section... But then again they'd have to figure out how to get a strobe situation worked out in the sun...

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Wow! I rode EE the first time shortly after opening and didn't get to see this... Bummer I bet it really added to the ride. Another effect lost.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I'd like to know too. A HECK of a lot of folks here would. CAN the Yeti be fixed? If so, why hasn't it happened yet? And if it were to be fixed, how would it be done? There are a lot of knowledgeable people here - does anyone have the definitive answer about fixing the Yeti?
I believe the yeti can be removed from the mountain. He was installed in crates, so he must've been taken apart for installation. The issue, like many have said, is his foundation. The concrete is supposedly broken, which is why we have B-mode.
Here's how I think yeti removal/fixing/re-install would look:
1. Close down Everest
2. Tear up concrete under yeti, making the ride's concrete cracked
3. remove the yeti
4. Fix the yeti
5. Re- install yeti
6. fix concrete
7. Re- Open Everest

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
A little off topic, but after re watching those posted commercials, it would be cool if the ride had snow effect at least at broken track section... But then again they'd have to figure out how to get a strobe situation worked out in the sun...
They did, it was fog/mist. However, although it looked awesome, it would mess up the computer controlling the ride, causing evacs

Goofyernmost

I believe the yeti can be removed from the mountain. He was installed in crates, so he must've been taken apart for installation. The issue, like many have said, is his foundation. The concrete is supposedly broken, which is why we have B-mode.
Here's how I think yeti removal/fixing/re-install would look:
1. Close down Everest
2. Tear up concrete under yeti, making the ride's concrete cracked
3. remove the yeti
4. Fix the yeti
5. Re- install yeti
6. fix concrete
7. Re- Open Everest
If indeed it is that concrete that is the problem you have 5 and 6 reversed. It it is just the concrete then the Yeti is fine and it's the foundation that is the problem, so no need to fix the Yeti. Since it has been suggested that the problem is in the sled that the Yeti stands on that was unable to take the stress, then they only have to fix that. Anyway one looks at it though, there is really no reason to close the ride. That part is fine and the work can be done while the attraction is open. So if that is the case, they just plain don't want too. I vote for the last reason.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They did, it was fog/mist. However, although it looked awesome, it would mess up the computer controlling the ride, causing evacs
It was a moisture based misting system that corroded items around it, like happened in 1994s Spaceship Earth. Instead of installing a viable alternative they just switched it off and made sure it wouldn't work again.

In answer to the previous question, yes the Yeti can be dismantled and removed. It is only a few dozen feet off the floor, and there is plenty of space around it. Plus a roller door in the east wall just for that reason.

RSoxNo1

It was a moisture based misting system that corroded items around it, like happened in 1994s Spaceship Earth. Instead of installing a viable alternative they just switched it off and made sure it wouldn't work again.

In answer to the previous question, yes the Yeti can be dismantled and removed. It is only a few dozen feet off the floor, and there is plenty of space around it. Plus a roller door in the east wall just for that reason.
I had the good fortune of being evacuated off Everest a few months ago. There is plenty of room behind the Yeti mechanism. The issue has always been money with this. It has never been whether or not the Yeti can be removed.

jrlang1

I had the good fortune of being evacuated off Everest a few months ago. There is plenty of room behind the Yeti mechanism. The issue has always been money with this. It has never been whether or not the Yeti can be removed.
Well money and downtime

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom