Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
This.

I am hoping that with all of the plussing/additions to this park, that the Yeti is fixed. I was also thinking that after Pandora opens, and the Rivers of Light and Night Safaris are in full swing that they finally fix the Yeti.

It has to be on The List of needed corrections:

1. Fix the Yeti
2. Removal of the BAH - check
3. Removal of the ToL nets - check

I always assume that fixing the Yeti is at the top of this type of list.
ToL?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I saw the yeti move!

image.jpg

Sorry, that's the closest they got

copcarguyp71

I just wish the Travel Channel would stop airing the "making of" specials where Joe Rhode talks all about how awesome and groundbreaking the Yeti is (before it broke down)...that is what really kills it for me is the actual knowledge that it was meant to be so much more. Also many Disney commercials show it in full motion which really is tantamount to fraud in my mind.

Cesar R M

I just wish the Travel Channel would stop airing the "making of" specials where Joe Rhode talks all about how awesome and groundbreaking the Yeti is (before it broke down)...that is what really kills it for me is the actual knowledge that it was meant to be so much more. Also many Disney commercials show it in full motion which really is tantamount to fraud in my mind.
I actually prefer it to be up.. so people know that IT WORKED.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
I think its funny that you said "Ground Breaking", when it really it broke the ground, a.k.a his foundation ;). Also, when E:E first opened, I remember vaguely seeing a commercial with a scene of the yeti's hand come flying towards the camera. Now the EE commercials just show the mountain and the broken track. Here's the one WITH yeti motion:
And here's the one without the yeti:

Last edited:

lobelia

Can we get a sticky in this thread that describes what is really wrong with the Yeti? That way we don't have to keep arguing about what is really broken.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Can we get a sticky in this thread that describes what is really wrong with the Yeti? That way we don't have to keep arguing about what is really broken.
Nope, as we don't actually know what is wrong with the thing.

There are plenty of theories, guesses and rumors, but the actual problem has never been confirmed.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
So I thought we had heard from an insider. Proceed. Then we can discuss whether the Yeti can be removed from the mountain. :grumpy:
We have heard multiple things from insiders, but they don't align. We have heard everything from the sled, the sled's foundation, a shoulder joint, the yeti's back, etc.

Until the mouse confirms the problem we are left guessing.

JediMasterMatt

People need hope

Hope at WDW these days is best put into the form of "I hope things don't get worse".

As I've mentioned earlier (and often), this topic of the Yeti being back in motion (a.k.a. fixed) can be easily served by looking for a thread called Expedition Everest - Extended Refurb Scheduled. Until you see that thread announcement, its foolish to think the Yeti is going to be moving.

Best guess from anyone as to when it will happen - after Pandora is fully online.

WDW just doesn't have the operational capacity to do anything because they are too cheap and too slow to keep supply in check with demand.

EagleScout610

Premium Member
We have heard multiple things from insiders, but they don't align. We have heard everything from the sled, the sled's foundation, a shoulder joint, the yeti's back, etc.

Until the mouse confirms the problem we are left guessing.
Sigh, more about what might be wrong with the yeti. I most believe the sled story more, because a 23 ft. tall creature being pushed back and forth might cause issues. The back tale I don't beleive, because they keep changin his position.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Sigh, more about what might be wrong with the yeti. I most believe the sled story more, because a 23 ft. tall creature being pushed back and forth might cause issues. The back tale I don't beleive, because they keep changin his position.
I don't know what to believe. All the causes I mentioned are plausible and since all we have are stories and no hard data any, some, all or none of them could be true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom