Yeti Full A Mode?

Since1976

Rewatched an old video of the working Yeti.

Yeah, I don't see WDI spending money anytime soon to fix an animatronic you can miss if you blink at the wrong moment.

It's odd that the Yeti scene is immediately preceded by a stretch outside, such that your eyes don't really have time to adjust to the darkness of the Yeti's cave.

Would have been much cooler if the train slowed down long enough for riders to really thrill to the creature's massive size.

Seabasealpha1

I feel like a massive re-do of the entire ride's events/mechanics could be in order. Like, to me, the projected yeti effect at the track swtich is uber cheap looking and cartoony...I'd rather they have a giant animtronic hand try to come through a space in the rocks ahead of the car or out from underneath the track... maybe have multiple yetis in the mountain...and then they maybe could slow the train down some when you finally see A mode yeti...make the encounter last...make it worth the investment... I just see lots of room for some improvements and plussing...this can still be a BA ride...

I'm sure it could be cheaper than the every-time-you-turn-around refurbs on The Matterhorn...

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Rewatched an old video of the working Yeti.

Yeah, I don't see WDI spending money anytime soon to fix an animatronic you can miss if you blink at the wrong moment.

It's odd that the Yeti scene is immediately preceded by a stretch outside, such that your eyes don't really have time to adjust to the darkness of the Yeti's cave.

Would have been much cooler if the train slowed down long enough for riders to really thrill to the creature's massive size.
I thought it was kind of dumb the way you slow down 5 feet away from him, ruining the 'escape' aspect

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I hope people who don't understand why people are disappointed in the current state of the Yeti see this.

It's often seen as being "good enough" or "something you barely see anyway", and people who criticize it are seen as nit picking.

The Yeti really was a sight to see, and lamenting the loss of the "complete" Expedition Everest experience is not just complaining for complaining's sake.
That's the very reason I made this thread. Imagine seeing this in full action at the conclusion of what's a great story and great rollercoaster. It capped off an incredible execution from queue to finale. Without it, the ride is still amazing, but with full A-mode Yeti, I think EE was the best attraction Disney ever built.

Dragonman

I know there's people that claim he can be fixed without removing an entire part of the ride but I'm not sure if i believe that. Also bird on a stick hasn't worked in a while and I know the mist has been turned off for years due to it triggering the ride sensors.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom