Yeti Footprint at DAK

DaBears81

Original Poster
image.jpg

I was watching a old episode of Destination Truth this afternoon and it was the one with the Yeti footprint. Which got me thinking, I know it's on display at Expedition Everest. My question is does anyone know how this came to be? Considering the show aired on a non Disney owned channel, I'm curious how it came to be. I think it's fascinating that this piece is on display here and not in a museum. I can't find any info on this and was just hoping someone might know.

Also I tried searching and found nothing regarding this, if it does feel free to move or delete.

AndyS2992

Given that Yeti's are fictional creatures, I highly doubt it is legit which is why it is not in a museum. Also, Disney might have paid the show to do a yeti episode in order to get some advertising for the new ride. who knows.

Last edited:

FettFan

View attachment 91068

I was watching a old episode of Destination Truth this afternoon and it was the one with the Yeti footprint. Which got me thinking, I know it's on display at Expedition Everest. My question is does anyone know how this came to be? Considering the show aired on a non Disney owned channel, I'm curious how it came to be. I think it's fascinating that this piece is on display here and not in a museum. I can't find any info on this and was just hoping someone might know.

Also I tried searching and found nothing regarding this, if it does feel free to move or delete.

Simple...Disney made their own replica of the prop.

This is the same reason Sue the T.Rex can be found at DinoLand USA
Disney_Sue.jpg

But the real Sue is still in the lobby of the Field Museum of Natural History in Chicago.
A_T-Rex_Named_Sue_-_Field_Museum.jpg

EDIT - And the ACTUAL Sue skull is in a glass case on the mezzanine in the background of the last picture.
trex.skull.jpg

Because the skull was warped, they created a new model based on it to put on the display skeleton.

PoorSkippy

Actually, I just heard on the Disney Brit Podcast featuring Dave McBride from Radio Harambe that the gentleman who made the cast of the footprint (Josh Gates) specifically wanted it displayed in this attraction and spent two years trying to get in touch with Joe Rohde about the matter. Rohde loved the idea and now DAK is in possession of the actual cast of the alleged Yeti footprint. It is one of the few artifacts in the queue that is not a replica.

MarkTwain

Actually, I just heard on the Disney Brit Podcast featuring Dave McBride from Radio Harambe that the gentleman who made the cast of the footprint (Josh Gates) specifically wanted it displayed in this attraction and spent two years trying to get in touch with Joe Rohde about the matter. Rohde loved the idea and now DAK is in possession of the actual cast of the alleged Yeti footprint. It is one of the few artifacts in the queue that is not a replica.

:confused:

So that's a "real" footprint supposedly found in the Himalayas? I always figured it was a purely-fictional prop made up for the ride.

Cmdr_Crimson

All Josh Gates did is Donated the footprint to The Walt Disney Co for Expediton Everest as the ride is based around the Mythos of the Yeti.
However, Here's the episode where they found it and when they cast the footprint...

rct247

There's a lot of very interesting stuff in the queue of that ride. There are also 300 year old traditional clothing on display not inside a glass box or anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom