Yet another price increase after a raise 2 weeks ago?!?!?!

wilkeliza

Wow really? I know it is just a dollar but that is ridiculous. It just shows that Universal is trying to prove to Disney that they can run on par with them. Let's see what the park attendance numbers are this time next year.

captainkidd

I just lost A LOT of respect for Universal. That's shady and VERY poor business. It doesn't affect me in the least as a Passholder, but the way they went about it is bush league. Shame on them.

JT3000

Can somebody please explain to me what's the business reason for UO to raise its one-day ticket price. $1 is not going to raise much cash for the bad press. What? Does it want to advertise "Tied for the most expensive theme park in America!"

Disney and Universal both think that having the highest ticket price is some sort of sign to potential customers of having the highest quality. They're both completely and utterly delusional. This only signifies that we'll be paying more for the same damn product.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney goes to $90 out of misguided spite.

GLaDOS

Oh please. They raised the one day prices at the gate by a dollar. If you're buying your tickets at the gate you're an unprepared day tripper and the parks (Uni and Disney) want to get your every penny.

Honestly, people are ridiculous about this stuff.

Pioneer Hall

Disney and Universal both think that having the highest ticket price is some sort of sign to potential customers of having the highest quality. They're both completely and utterly delusional. This only signifies that we'll be paying more for the same damn product.

I wouldn't be surprised if Disney goes to $90 out of misguided spite.

I don't think that will happen. In fact, I would bet Disney knew Universal would do this.

disney fan 13

Oh please. They raised the one day prices at the gate by a dollar. If you're buying your tickets at the gate you're an unprepared day tripper and the parks (Uni and Disney) want to get your every penny.

Agreed

captainkidd

The price increase isn't the issue. The issue is, the raised prices 2 weeks ago, and did it again.

GLaDOS

The price increase isn't the issue. The issue is, the raised prices 2 weeks ago, and did it again.

So?

No seriously. So what? They raised the price at the gate by a dollar to match Disney. It's literally nothing. You can find a dollar walking along the street. It's their prerogative. It's not sleazy. They believe their product is, and will continue to be, as much quality as Disney and they want their price to reflect that.

Good for them. It's not going to stop me from going.

captainkidd

So?

No seriously. So what? They raised the price at the gate by a dollar to match Disney. It's literally nothing. You can find a dollar walking along the street. It's their prerogative. It's not sleazy. They believe their product is, and will continue to be, as much quality as Disney and they want their price to reflect that.

Good for them. It's not going to stop me from going.

That's your opinion, and you're entitled to it. Not gonna stop me from going either, but I still think it's a sleazy move to earn an extra buck (no pun intended).

disney fan 13

I think that the price increase was to get back to the new disney ticket price instead of earning a extra buck... Just my opinion though.

StageFrenzy

Perception of value is as important as actual value. Universal wants to be compared to Disney in every way now. That's evident with the price shenanigans. I hope they back it up and try to deliver a superior product than Disney. That being said the raising by a dollar is stupid.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Perception of value is as important as actual value. Universal wants to be compared to Disney in every way now. That's evident with the price shenanigans. I hope they back it up and try to deliver a superior product than Disney. That being said the raising by a dollar is stupid.
Not really, when you sell 14 million tickets...that's 14 million dollars of PURE profit.

flynnibus

Premium Member

It's not the dollar - it's the business practice and how the company projects itself. There are many things companies do for clear reasons, but they still mask it and put on the pretty face and story to the customer. This is just downright unexplainable to the customer in terms that can be justified in anyway. What are they going to say 'oh, sorry, accounting error!'.

It's bad business to hang your dirty laundry right up in front of the customers.. and that's exactly what UNI did here to make a petty change.

Millionaire2K

All of you need to get off your "high horse". Everyone knows that Universal, Seaworld & your beloved "Disney" all match prices for the past 20 years. Its not till a few years back when Seaworld stopped.

Also if Disney raised prices first and Universal went a $ higher, then Disney would match. Again this has been the common practace for MANY years. This just proves that Disney and Universal are NOT working together to raise prices. No price fixxing go on here.

How about we talk about Disney NOT following tradition by MATCHING Universal and squeazing another $ out of us. And if Next year Disney Raised prices to $93 and then a month later Universal raised to $95 I would bet you the world Disney would raise again to match. Again... THIS IS NOT NEW. Its DISNEY that went high by the extra $.

How about we talk about the HUGH price increase in all of Disney's AP's and multi day tickets. They match on the single day, But Disney AP increase is just a ripoff. Don't get me started on the retarded Cal AP price changes. Oh Carsland, Carsland... Blah, Blah... "GIVE US ALL YOUR MONEY"

Now lets look at the single park multi day tickets.

1 Day Universal: $89
1 Day Disney: $89

2 Day Universal: $120
2 Day Disney: $176

3 Day Universal: $136
3 Day Disney: $242

4 Day Universal: $146
4 Day Disney: $256

Hmmm... So your gonna complain about a $? WOW!!

Millionaire2K

Please cite a specific example of this. Date/year.

Every year I know for the past 20. You can look it up yourself. But EVERYONE knows that this is not new. Disney would always match Universal and Universal would always match Disney. This year Disney wanted an extra Dollar so Universal matched as both always do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom