Yet another old ticket question.....

fishbiscuit

Original Poster
Hey Everyone,
I've read through almost all the old ticket threads here and I have a couple of things I hope can be clarified. My parents have given my wife and I 2 park hoper passes from 1998 that they bought and used but each ticket have one day left on them. My understanding is that these tickets can be used no problem. I know the tickets are non-transferable and aware of the "ethical" debate of using them.
Can people help me clarify the following?

-Do these 1998 4 day park hopper passes have any ID attached to them? When we bring them to Guest services to get new tickets will they be able to scan info that says they were purchased by my parents? The tickets themselves have no names on them. They just say guest.

-What happens if the magnetic stripes are bad? My Mom has had them stored on top of each other in an envelope for the last 19 years. I've read that is bad for the magnetic stripe.

-We are going to be staying in the Disney Fort Wilderness campground. Is there any guest services place close by there or outside the park, where we can get the tickets exchanged?

Thanks!

Rob562

Hey Everyone,
I've read through almost all the old ticket threads here and I have a couple of things I hope can be clarified. My parents have given my wife and I 2 park hoper passes from 1998 that they bought and used but each ticket have one day left on them. My understanding is that these tickets can be used no problem. I know the tickets are non-transferable and aware of the "ethical" debate of using them.
Can people help me clarify the following?

-Do these 1998 4 day park hopper passes have any ID attached to them? When we bring them to Guest services to get new tickets will they be able to scan info that says they were purchased by my parents? The tickets themselves have no names on them. They just say guest.

-What happens if the magnetic stripes are bad? My Mom has had them stored on top of each other in an envelope for the last 19 years. I've read that is bad for the magnetic stripe.

-We are going to be staying in the Disney Fort Wilderness campground. Is there any guest services place close by there or outside the park, where we can get the tickets exchanged?

Thanks!

If there's no name on the tickets, you don't have to worry about them. Back in that era the only people who scanned their fingers were AP holders.

If the mag stripes are bad, they can still be looked up using the serial numbers on the ticket.

You'll have to go to a Guest Services window either at a park (MK is only a boat ride away), or Disney Springs.

-Rob

fishbiscuit

Original Poster
Thanks Rob!
I have one other question. I have yet to explore the Disney website to learn about all the new options such as fast passes. I am wondering if I will have any options to plan out our visit with fast passes and any other options given that we will be using old tickets?

21stamps

Thanks Rob!
I have one other question. I have yet to explore the Disney website to learn about all the new options such as fast passes. I am wondering if I will have any options to plan out our visit with fast passes and any other options given that we will be using old tickets?
You don't even need to go to guest services when you arrive. Just call guest services before your trip and they can link them for you ..:it might take being transferred several times but you can do it! I did.

ETA- and yes, you can book fast passes with them.

Last edited:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You don't say, so I'll ask... Are you planning more than one day in the parks? If you're doing more than three or four, those tickets have very little value. Disney front-loads multi-day tickets so that an old ticket with one day on it isn't much use. If you're only doing 1-3 days, maybe 4, it's probably worth it.

Ethics aside, there is an aspect of using the tickets that could be a problem. If you are obviously not old enough to have had adult tickets in 1998, you might be questioned trying to use them now.

fishbiscuit

Original Poster
Thanks again for responses,
Monty, we are only planning on 1 day so it is my understanding that these tickets, since they have one day left each, will grant us a 1 day ticket to the parks. Also we are old enough to have been there in 98 as adults. Both great points.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom