Pre-Trip Yep, we're really going in July.

This will be our 5th trip to Disney and yes we should know better than to go to Disney in July. But due to our oldest starting her second year in college we can't pull her out of school like we have in the past so we'll just have to deal with the crowds and the heat. Regardless we are all excited about our up coming trip.
Here we are....
IMG_0106.JPG

My lovely girls 19 & 16
IMG_1039.JPG

and my baby boy 13
IMG_1103.PNG

We are also bringing a friend of my daughters but don't have a photo at this time.

As of today we have 57 days until our vacation and 60 days until we arrive at Disney!!

And that means that today was the day that we got to book fast passes. Oh what stress that was. Now, I'm a planner but it's a little stressful planning out days 60 days in advance when things change, moods change, people want to sleep in....etc. I did get a few for 7DMT and the new Frozen ride in Epcot.

We will be arriving on the last day that Dinosaur will be open before the refurbishment so we'll definitely be riding that.

We will be getting two rooms at AllStar Movies for this trip. I will be missing POR but with 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms ASM will be much appreciated.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
This is also our first trip with out a Dining Plan. I know everyone has an opinion on the Dining Plan but for a family of five it was always better than a room discount for us. So we are eating a lot more quick service this time but we still made some reservations for a few table service.
1. BOG for lunch
2. Ohana - one just can't miss eating at Ohana
3. Cape May :hungover: - not my choice
4. Via Napoli - half are eating here and the other half at Cape May. (it's how we roll)
5. 50's Primetime - This is our first time here

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We are not a crafty family but I have to say I'm very proud of us and am happy to show off our new found talents.

My 16 who is probably our biggest Disney nut is the one that came up with idea to start making these.

First she wanted to make a countdown and so she reverted back to kindergarten and make a chain.

IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1034.JPG

Then she wanted to make her own Mickey Ears! So off we headed to Hobby Lobby for supplies.

Her first ears were Tangled inspired.
IMG_0874.JPG

Then Monsters Inc.
IMG_0953.JPG

Then I decided I needed some too, so I made pooh.
IMG_0995.JPG

I also had to make my favorite pirate....SMEE!
IMG_1061.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
My oldest wasn't about to be left out so she made a few too! Hers turned out awesome!
First were her favorite villain
IMG_1059.JPG

Then her favorite princess

IMG_1060.JPG

She also made a TOT inspired pair

IMG_1068.JPG

DD#2 finished it out by a Jasmine inspired pair

IMG_1054.JPG

Joe has now decided he wants a pair, which I think is great, until he told me he wants King Louie! o_O How and the heck am I going to do that? They don't make miniature bananas at Hobby Lobby.... I looked already.

Matt and Kelly

Wow the ears look great! You will love 50's prime time such a great restaurant!
We are going In August, so we are in the same boat. Worried about the heat and the crowds. We can make or fast passes in a couple of weeks, here's hoping we get a few for the new frozen ride.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Wow the ears look great! You will love 50's prime time such a great restaurant!
We are going In August, so we are in the same boat. Worried about the heat and the crowds. We can make or fast passes in a couple of weeks, here's hoping we get a few for the new frozen ride.
Thanks. We've heard a lot of good things about 50's. Everyone in our party would love the heckling. There were no problems getting the Frozen FP+. After hearing a few horror stories when FP+ first came out for Frozen I was worried but it wasn't necessary.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Sounds like you're all going to have a great time and you've inspired my weekend project. I may just make my own ears. Wish me luck
The ears were so easy to make. There are a few spots on some that could be better but we're new to the craft world. My suggestion is to really stuff them good. My DD just pulled up a you tube video of a girl making them and Wa-lah! I will say I used a sewing machine on all but the first couple so they definitely improved with the machine.
Yay!! Can't wait to hear about all the details! I agree about 'Ohana!
Thanks for reading! I can't wait to read your trip report when you get back. Have an awesome time!!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Those ears are so amazing!!! My DH and I are going in July as well and it may not be our first choice of times but we're going to Disney so I'll take it! Following along :).
Our first two trips were in July but my kids were all young and we didn't have to worry about the rides that see the longest wait times and everyone was happy about going back and taking naps or having some pool time. Now that they are older and everyone has their different wants and needs it may be a little more challenging. I know I'm making more of it than it will be and I'm sure everyone will have a great time. :) I just can't wait to walk down Main Street!!!!

bee

My wife and I went last July. Would July be our first choice for a future trip? No way. Would we pick Disney in July over nothing in July? Absolutely! We had an AMAZING time even thought it was SO. HOT.

I love all the ears, especially the Ariel ones! Good luck figuring out King Louie! :D

rt06

I love Disney in July. BOG lunch is just ok. Never tried Ohana's. Thumbs down for Cape May, as with any Disney buffet. I'd rather have one delicious serving than loads of mediocrity. Thumbs up for Via Napoli and 50s PT. I always have to throw in a recommendation for Whispering Canyon.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Just a few small details.

We are trying something new this year. We are driving straight through from northern Indiana.:eek: When driving in the past we would normally leave around 6 am and stop a little south of Atlanta for the night and finish our drive the next day and arrive at Disney around Noon. This year we will be leaving around 3 am, hopefully a little sooner, and arriving in Orlando around 9-10pm. :) We have 4 drivers to switch off, although I'm not sure you can call DD#2 a driver yet, she still has her permit and we're only going to allow her to drive a small stretch between Ga and Fl.

Any ways...We will be checking into a Orlando resort and spending 3 days lounging by the pool, relaxing and probably head to Disney Springs for some shopping and Earl of Sandwich :hungry:. As I'm typing I'm thinking maybe even sitting outside DHS for the new Star Wars fireworks. :happy:

After our relaxation time we will pack up and head to our home away from home (well not really, I tend to think of POR as my home away from home but I'm not complaining!) Our goal is to make it for the opening show at MK. Were still trying to decided if we want to drive to MK first and head to the resort during a mid-day break or go directly to the resort and attempt check in. HMMMmmm decisions decisions.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I think you unearthed your hidden crafty gene, because those ears are certified crafty (and clever, and well-done!). I particularly like the Smee ones and the ToT.

I found lunch at BoG to be just okay, but it's gotta be done at least once, right? ;) Recently ate lunch at 50's PT and it was great. You'll have fun at that meal.

Have a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom