YC Room Request Help

LAM378

Original Poster
Hi all! I'm returning to WDW for the first time since 1999 (!) this May. I've got 3 nights booked at YC (garden view). It's been so long that I hardly remember the resort layout at all, and the pictures online aren't helping much because I don't know what's classified as GV.

My existing requests (I know they're not guaranteed) are balcony, daybed, near lobby.

But, is it pretty much a given that the room will have a balcony and daybed? Do I even need to request these? If it doesn't have a daybed, I can just request a rollaway, right?

I've requested "near lobby" because my dad has some walking issues and I don't want to be waaaaaaaay out down those halls, but I'm wondering if "near lobby" automatically means "near elevators," which = noisy.

But the MAIN thing is, I don't want to be overlooking the front of the resort/parking lot. More than anything, I want to be able to walk out on the balcony and know I'm in WDW, somehow. All my other requests are a distant second
to this.

I don't know how to express what I want, so any insight is appreciated.

And many thanks for this awesome forum, which I've spent way too much time reading. You all seem so down to earth, and I'm excited to join in :)

-- Lauren

HouCuseChickie

We stayed in a garden view room at YC a couple of years ago. Our view was of a quiet pool. I think you have to bump up to water view or luck out with a random upgrade to see anything truly Disney-ish from your balcony. Now I can say that I'd push hard for a more centrally located room as we were practically staying at the Dolphin...seriously about as far from the lobby as possible.

jlsHouston

I ALWAYS put near an elevator or lobby as my most important room request these days and if I don't get it, I make them change me.....

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Hi all! I'm returning to WDW for the first time since 1999 (!) this May. I've got 3 nights booked at YC (garden view). It's been so long that I hardly remember the resort layout at all, and the pictures online aren't helping much because I don't know what's classified as GV.

My existing requests (I know they're not guaranteed) are balcony, daybed, near lobby.

But, is it pretty much a given that the room will have a balcony and daybed? Do I even need to request these? If it doesn't have a daybed, I can just request a rollaway, right?

I've requested "near lobby" because my dad has some walking issues and I don't want to be waaaaaaaay out down those halls, but I'm wondering if "near lobby" automatically means "near elevators," which = noisy.

But the MAIN thing is, I don't want to be overlooking the front of the resort/parking lot. More than anything, I want to be able to walk out on the balcony and know I'm in WDW, somehow. All my other requests are a distant second
to this.

I don't know how to express what I want, so any insight is appreciated.

And many thanks for this awesome forum, which I've spent way too much time reading. You all seem so down to earth, and I'm excited to join in :)

-- Lauren
Welcome to the forum!

The best garden view location that would suit your needs (balcony, daybed, near lobby and close to elevators without the noise) would be third floor (room number range 3145-3157) or fourth floor (4145-4157). Make sure to request an ODD number room. These rooms face the walkway from the rear door and face Stormalong Bay (though the view of the pool isn't great). But at night you can watch Illuminations from the balcony. We loved room 4151 so much that I walked the hallway to get the room numbers that would have the same view in the garden category in order to make a room request in the future. And I went to the front desk to make sure those rooms are in the garden category and they are.

surfsupdon

There are awesome garden views that face the INTERIOR side of the resort, you just can't directly see the lake (thus making it a garden view). Rooms by the wedding gazebo are especially nice.

Ask for an interior garden view room, as opposed to the exteriors that look out towards the parking and front of the Resort.

Yes, pretty much all rooms have large balconies. Pretty much all rooms have the daybed, except a few tinier rooms in corners (we were assigned one once, but they easily changed us to a room with the daybed).

LAM378

Original Poster
MANY, MANY THANKS to all of you! This is the specific info I've been Googling for like a lunatic, but haven't found.

"Interior garden view" -- thaaaat's it. I don't need to see water or Epcot or Boardwalk; just looking out back at all that sweet YC landscaping will let me know exactly where I am :).

Thank you all again. I'm off to post another question! (It'll be nice once I'm back from this trip and can actually answer others' questions again!)

surfsupdon

MANY, MANY THANKS to all of you! This is the specific info I've been Googling for like a lunatic, but haven't found.

"Interior garden view" -- thaaaat's it. I don't need to see water or Epcot or Boardwalk; just looking out back at all that sweet YC landscaping will let me know exactly where I am :).

Thank you all again. I'm off to post another question! (It'll be nice once I'm back from this trip and can actually answer others' questions again!)

Try by the wedding gazebo. Say you're a romantic and a view of that area would be amazing. It really is very, very pretty. And you get that glorious morning sunrise!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom