1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Yak and Yeti

Discussion in 'WDW Restaurants and Dining' started by elabron, Jun 6, 2007.

1. elabron

elabron New Member

Can someone please explain how a full-service restaurant in AKL will work..........especially for dinner, seeing as how AKL closes at 5PM?

Are the only nights they'll serve dinner on EMH nights?:shrug:

Just wondering

2. ThinkTink721

ThinkTink721 Well-Known Member

I never though about that...is Yak & Yeti scheduled to serve dinner?
    If so, maybe it will remain open a couple of hours after the park closes.:shrug:
    :wave:

3. Vernonpush

Vernonpush Well-Known Member

When we were there at the beginning of May and the park closed at 6:00 pm, we tried to get an early dinner at Pizzafari. We walked in at 5:05 and they told us they were closed. Unless they eventually extend park hours, my guess would be that they only will be serving lunch.:shrug:

4. JML42691

JML42691 Active Member

If you think about it, eventually this park will extend its operating hours into the evening. With another ride or two this could happen. And if an actual land were to be built on the beastly kingdom plot rather than the temporary Camp-Minnie Mickey then the park would have to extend its operating hours into the night. If they were to do this then they would probably have to offer a show at night, something that I will always want (even something like Fantasmic but in an animal sense.)

5. teebin

teebin Member

I agree that they are working towards keeping the park open later... what a challenge: animals in the dark. Was the plan for the original AK but was totally abandond.

6. ThinkTink721

ThinkTink721 Well-Known Member

I guess they could vary the park's closing times w/ daylight savings time.
    In short, they could close just before it gets dark.
    :confused: :wave:

7. JML42691

JML42691 Active Member

They could also shut down the Safari and animal walk throughs at sunset and have the rest of the park close 1-3 hours after that: i.e. sunset 6:15, park cose @ 8:30 w/ show; sunset 8:15, park close @ 9:30 w/ show. They could easily close down the safari before park closing (they do already) along with the animal walk throughs and just keep the rides open. This would be tough to do now because there are not enough rides and the crowds are too thin around 4:00 until closing.

8. primetime52

primetime52 Member

I was just at WDW over the weekend and im pretty sure AK was staying open until 8pm. I don't know if that was just part of EMH or something. I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see them consistently extend the hours soon, otherwise a table service restaurant seems pretty pointless.

9. TwoTigersMom

TwoTigersMom New Member

The hours for July the middle of July are 9a -8pm.

10. DisneyDellsDude

DisneyDellsDude New Member

I hope we start seeing later days there.
    Animal Kingdom is fantastic at night, and E:E at night is 10x better imo.:sohappy:

11. JML42691

JML42691 Active Member

I've only seen it at night once but it was amazing

12. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

As has been said above, its a common misconception that AK always closes at 5pm. It operates until 8pm quite often now, and then during EMH until 11pm.

13. primetime52

primetime52 Member

Do the safaris run at night? Seems like that's one attraction that would lose alot of appeal after dark since it would be almost impossible to see any animals.

14. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

Unfortuantely not since late 1999. They ran a special night version with 2 drivers and search lights. It was a great edition, I wish it would return.

15. SirNim

SirNim Well-Known Member

Oooh, sounds atmospheric! :D