Yacht Club Room Renovations

Snayberry

So, I just got around to reading this thread. I just booked three nights here in Feb. Got a FL resident rate and booked because of the location. Are the rooms really that worn down? Should I cancel and book somewhere else?

Dr.GrantSeeker

So, I just got around to reading this thread. I just booked three nights here in Feb. Got a FL resident rate and booked because of the location. Are the rooms really that worn down? Should I cancel and book somewhere else?

I am staying here in Feb. as well. I wouldn't switch your plans around. While I have never stayed in the YC I did get to see a room back in November. Its just a little dated. Still a nice hotel with a great location. For those reasons alone I wouldn't switch. The Y&B has the best pool on property too, if that's something you do in your free time at Disney :)

surfsupdon

Hey gang just bumping up seeing if anyone has been there lately.

Any news? Updates? I still would not stay at Yacht, and get a room over on the Beach side with a full balcony. They are just that much nicer. The Yacht furniture, some of it is from 1990 I swear--that dresser and the low chest of drawers under the TV, ancient.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Any news? Updates? I still would not stay at Yacht, and get a room over on the Beach side with a full balcony. They are just that much nicer. The Yacht furniture, some of it is from 1990 I swear--that dresser and the low chest of drawers under the TV, ancient.

Well the BC rooms were just referbed 2 years ago. So they are much nicer than the YC but the Yacht Club still is nice. I've been in both rooms, never stayed at YC but I wouldn't cancel a stay there just because the room is a little more dated. Just my two cents.

surfsupdon

Well the BC rooms were just referbed 2 years ago. So they are much nicer than the YC but the Yacht Club still is nice. I've been in both rooms, never stayed at YC but I wouldn't cancel a stay there just because the room is a little more dated. Just my two cents.

The value is far decreased. The rooms between Yacht & Beach are about the same exact price. For a new room, that was gutted and then rebuilt at the Beach, you would be paying the same price for a highly dated and heavily worn room at Yacht.

Let me say that Yacht is my fav Resort!

Dr.GrantSeeker

The value is far decreased. The rooms between Yacht & Beach are about the same exact price. For a new room, that was gutted and then rebuilt at the Beach, you would be paying the same price for a highly dated and heavily worn room at Yacht.

Let me say that Yacht is my fav Resort!

That's a fair point. I still prefer the Boardwalk to either YC or BC though :rolleyes:

surfsupdon

That's a fair point. I still prefer the Boardwalk to either YC or BC though :rolleyes:

Great choice. As far as Club Level, I/we will pick the Innkeeper's Club at BoardWalk over Yacht/Beach Club Level regularly. BoardWalk is overall fantastic, especially those boardwalk view rooms. Yacht and BWI are my top two Resorts, with BC in 3rd. BWI has the edge right now because of much nicer rooms than over at YC.

Enjoy your next stay!

Dr.GrantSeeker

Great choice. As far as Club Level, I/we will pick the Innkeeper's Club at BoardWalk over Yacht/Beach Club Level regularly. BoardWalk is overall fantastic, especially those boardwalk view rooms. Yacht and BWI are my top two Resorts, with BC in 3rd. BWI has the edge right now because of much nicer rooms than over at YC.

Enjoy your next stay!

The InnKeeper's club is the best! Yes, can't beat those boardwalk views. Stayed in the VP Suite over the summer and it just reassured me how much I love the resort!!

In other news...I'll be staying at the YC in two weeks. Its only for one night as I've changed my plans to fly in a day early. But I will update this thread with some pictures from the room when I get back!

wannabeBelle

The InnKeeper's club is the best! Yes, can't beat those boardwalk views. Stayed in the VP Suite over the summer and it just reassured me how much I love the resort!!

In other news...I'll be staying at the YC in two weeks. Its only for one night as I've changed my plans to fly in a day early. But I will update this thread with some pictures from the room when I get back!
Pictures are always appreciated, Thanks!! Marie

surfsupdon

You can see pictures of the refurbished Yacht Club rooms on Debs site All Ears.

Right. It was a King Bed room.

The headboards looked great and the flooring was too. I also really liked the step in shower and glass door. The rooms still maintained their navy coloring, too.

I'd like to see one with 2 queens and the sofa bed. The sofa beds have been quite nice, and comfy, at other locations.

Dr.GrantSeeker

That's a huge improvement! When did they begin the renovations? Do we know how many floors are completed, or are the 5th floor rooms the only ones finished as of right now?

surfsupdon

Now that room is more upscale and so much nicer than the old style room. I would much rather pay to stay at Yacht now that their rooms are updated.

We will be back to Yacht very soon, maybe for a race weekend.

Marc Davis Fan

Here's the link to the photos of Yacht Club's refurbished room: http://allears.net/acc/g_yc.htm

Not to be a downer here, but personally, I'm a bit disappointed. It seems like every time Disney refurbishes the rooms at a deluxe resort, they make them less themed and more like a regular upscale hotel. Theming is sort of why I go to Disney...

Last edited:

ryguy

Totally agree. Bathroom is nice, but the room lacks any character or real theme.
Here's the link to the photos of Yacht Club's refurbished room: http://allears.net/acc/g_yc.htm

Not to be a downer here, but personally, I'm a bit disappointed. It seems like every time Disney refurbishes the rooms at a deluxe resort, they make them less themed and more like a regular upscale hotel. Theming is sort of why I go to Disney...

Spectro

I agree there seem to be less Disney theming in the rooms now after the renovations. It was one thing I liked about wdw rooms. Agree they look more upscale and there are a lot more upscale hotels in Orlando now also so I see why they are doing this.

surfsupdon

I think the colors play a great part in the nautical theme. Crisp white linens against lots of navy and some nice brass accents. And the wooden style floor looks terrific, as do the two toned walls. The pattern on the headboard wall is a nice complement to the cream colored walls, which allow the white ceiling border to pop. Huge improvement. I really like the refurb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom