Yacht Club Room Renovations

Notes from Neverland

Original Poster
Does anyone have info on how long the Yacht Club room renovations are supposed to last? I saw one that said they'd be done in 2017 (real vague) and another which said January or February 2017.

Just curious if any information is out there or if there's any images of what the updated rooms will look like.

surfsupdon

Was just at front desk last weekend for Wine and Dine weekend. It has been an ongoing joke-they say rooms will be done on 5th floor by xxxxxx date and they keep pushing it back, and back, and back.

As of last weekend, no rooms have even been started. Rooms are scheduled to start on Jan 2, working from the top down. I told the kind CMs I have heard this story all before- they did laugh and agree that their current rooms are severely old and that the timetable has been extended by years. Currently, they do expect the first rooms to be available in March, Club Level.

They did say that they had 2 test rooms, both very different, and they did not "test well." They had been really trying to get it right. Not sure why the rooms would be any different from sister Beach Club or neighbor BoardWalk.

Only time will tell.

I had a conversation with a Front Desk CM and a Concierge CM....both of their stories supported each other with little difference.

Yacht has been our Resort of choice for YEARS, but we have not given them our money since May 2013, when it was apparent that even the newly remodeled Moderates were in better shape than Yacht. Cannot wait to get back into those new rooms--great Resort, location, CMs, food options, quiet pool, transportation...love Yacht! But get us new rooms!

s&k'smom

I sure hope we get some kind of answer, we are scheduled for August 2017 and if its an issue I want to change out to beach club before it's fully book.

HurricaneHanna

Appreciate the responses. I have a stay in February and now can only hope noise isn't too bad of a disruption.
I would doubt that you'll be bothered by noise. We stayed at Yacht Club on Club Level last December while they were renovating the club lounge and we heard nothing unless we were walking down the hall and passed right outside the doorway. We also stayed at Wilderness Lodge last year when the construction first started and in both cases they only did work during very reasonable daytime hours, so your nights definitely won't be disturbed. Like a previous poster said, the Yacht Club refurbishment has been postponed multiple times. When I booked our trip for last December, I thought we'd be in a new room. That wasn't the case. Then when the refurbishment dates were adjusted I booked July of this year thinking we'd have a new room on club level. Nope. Booked September for Food and Wine on club level. Once again an aging, sad room. Yacht Club is our resort of choice but I'm not booking it again until they actually do the work. Our next 3 trips are confirmed with deposits paid, 2 at Beach Club, 1 at Saratoga Springs. We will miss Yacht Club but the worn out carpets, dinged up paint, and moldy window panes need to be taken care of, for real, before we spend another week there.

Pocahontas

So, will construction not have started by December? (since I'll be staying here in December)

They sent us a letter saying that construction might be a nuisance during our stay but it sounds like it's delayed until January?

HurricaneHanna

So, will construction not have started by December? (since I'll be staying here in December)

They sent us a letter saying that construction might be a nuisance during our stay but it sounds like it's delayed until January?
The current scheduled start date is January 2017... They did send letters previously for earlier stays but the timeline has been adjusted. Again.

surfsupdon

I would doubt that you'll be bothered by noise. We stayed at Yacht Club on Club Level last December while they were renovating the club lounge and we heard nothing unless we were walking down the hall and passed right outside the doorway. We also stayed at Wilderness Lodge last year when the construction first started and in both cases they only did work during very reasonable daytime hours, so your nights definitely won't be disturbed. Like a previous poster said, the Yacht Club refurbishment has been postponed multiple times. When I booked our trip for last December, I thought we'd be in a new room. That wasn't the case. Then when the refurbishment dates were adjusted I booked July of this year thinking we'd have a new room on club level. Nope. Booked September for Food and Wine on club level. Once again an aging, sad room. Yacht Club is our resort of choice but I'm not booking it again until they actually do the work. Our next 3 trips are confirmed with deposits paid, 2 at Beach Club, 1 at Saratoga Springs. We will miss Yacht Club but the worn out carpets, dinged up paint, and moldy window panes need to be taken care of, for real, before we spend another week there.
You totally understand! We cannot justify the price for the current product. We noticed the dated rooms back 3 years now and have chosen to stay elsewhere. We are always promised the rooms will be ready for our next trip, and the dates are pushed back again. So we move Resorts. Bummer

Notes from Neverland

Original Poster
The current scheduled start date is January 2017... They did send letters previously for earlier stays but the timeline has been adjusted. Again.

Interesting. Hadn't heard it was bumped to begin in January. Hopefully it's not too bad during our stay. We have family flying in from all over for their first Disney visit, so keeping my fingers crossed that it's a memorable trip (in a positive way) for all who are coming.

HurricaneHanna

Interesting. Hadn't heard it was bumped to begin in January. Hopefully it's not too bad during our stay. We have family flying in from all over for their first Disney visit, so keeping my fingers crossed that it's a memorable trip (in a positive way) for all who are coming.
@TheDude23 , a good way to check what date is currently being told to the general public is to go to the Disney website and attempt to make a reservation at Yacht Club for any future date. When you click over to the rate page there will be an alert near the top with information about the work being done. It includes the current (supposed) start date.

surfsupdon

It seems like I read that it's supposed to be going until July 2017. What I'm wondering is that I'm staying at Beach Club in May and curious to know if the noise (if there is any) will be affecting that part of the resort as well. Since they are together basically I guess so 'cause I can just see it. You're hanging out at Stormalong Bay, which goes in front of both resorts, and you're trying to relax and nope, there's construction everywhere at the Yacht part of the place. Oh well.

You will be fine. Stormalong is primarily in front of Beach, not Yacht. We stayed at Yacht while Beach rooms got refurbished. From the pool, a keen eye could tell the windows on the refurbed floor (floor3) were tarped from the inside and curtains were drawn. I'd guarantee you wouldn't notice a thing.

surfsupdon

Does anyone have any additional information on this project? Hoping to get an idea on how big of a disruption this might be for an upcoming trip.

A room renovation will not be a disturbance to you. There will be an entire floor closed, and all drapes to the exterior will be shut. It will be business as usual all around. I have been at many Deluxe Resorts during renovations. And have been at Beach Club during their renovation. They were redoing floor 3. You could not access that floor from elevators or stairwells, and room blinds were closed to the observant eye.

Notes from Neverland

Original Poster
A room renovation will not be a disturbance to you. There will be an entire floor closed, and all drapes to the exterior will be shut. It will be business as usual all around. I have been at many Deluxe Resorts during renovations. And have been at Beach Club during their renovation. They were redoing floor 3. You could not access that floor from elevators or stairwells, and room blinds were closed to the observant eye.

Thanks for the insight! Hoping it's barely/not noticeable. This will be the first time at Disney for a large chunk of our group.

KCL

I hate to hear this. I always just figured Beach Club/Yacht Club was all the same, but it sounds like once these rooms are ready I'll want to hit up the Yacht Club.

durangojim

Should have started this past week. But I have not heard a confirmation on this yet.

But those rooms need it BADLY!
We checked out of the YC on 1/2/17 and requested a 1pm check out which was granted. We were on the 4th floor facing the lake. They warned us that construction would be starting above us and around 9:30 we heard scraping, pounding, and banging, so consider this confirmation. However our room was in wonderful condition and we had no complaints at all about anything. It was a great room and trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom