1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Yacht Club Enhancements

Discussion in 'WDW Resort Hotels' started by flyerjab, Mar 15, 2017.

1. WeHeartDisney

WeHeartDisney Member

Thank you very much for responding! That stinks you didn't get to try the appetizers, but at least you got to experience the other offerings!! I'm looking forward to seeing the lounge and updated rooms!! Definitely makes it a bit more exciting!! Happy you had a great trip!

flyerjab likes this.
  2. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

WHENS POP CENTURY?!?!?!?!?!? @marni1971

3. sconti

sconti Member

DVC time?

4. mdubm

mdubm Active Member

We received this for or stay in the beginning of June too, so I'd assume it may be able by then too. Will update when we go :)

5. MansionButler84

MansionButler84 Premium Member

Marketplace opens Mid-July but there will be a temporary option for you.

6. WDWtraveler

WDWtraveler Premium Member

Photo update as of Sunday, April 30. The Fittings and Fairings retail store refurbishment in the Yacht Club is still on-going. The inside has been gutted and is still an empty space. The quick service side was supposed to be finished and open by mid-May, but they are behind and that opening will be postponed. The resort's retail "store" has been relocated to a portion of the lobby, near the Captain's Grille.

IMG_9529.JPG

IMG_9530.JPG

MinnieM123, RoyWalley and PrincessL like this.
  7. nicb88

nicb88 Member

So when all is finished at the Yacht Club, there will be two counter service options? The Market at A&C and Fittings and Fairings? I'm a little confused as to why two!

8. mdubm

mdubm Active Member

If any of you follow Disney Food Blog, she posted a good live video today of the Market today and it's offerings.
    I'm getting more and more excited to be 19 days away!

9. Martha46

Martha46 New Member

Is the video still available? I can't find it. (BTW, we're 19 days out today!)

10. nbar

nbar Active Member

I am currently eating at the Captain's Grille (Ariels). I just asked a CM when it will reopen, she said they are being told October 2017. I don't know how reliable the information is though. Here are some pictures. IMG_3970.JPG IMG_3972.JPG

11. piglet2422

piglet2422 Member

staying here June 2 to 4 before heading over to monorail resort. do any refurbishments affect the pool / outside? or are they mainly dining / shops?

YC is big draw to us due to B&C, pools, and Epcot!

12. LAM378

LAM378 Well-Known Member

The lake side of the resort and Stormalong Bay are fine. The area with the quiet pool and tennis court is full of construction equipment and vehicles (with the pool still accessible, although not very quiet). If sitting on the balcony is important to you, I would not want a room overlooking that area. Otherwise, you may run into some little signs of construction around the place, but nothing too intrusive.

piglet2422 likes this.
  13. wagnerdanp

wagnerdanp Active Member

Do we know which floors have been completed and what floors are currently being worked on? Or is there a planned schedule? We are staying in mid-September at the Yacht Club and I'd like to try to request the new rooms, etc

14. nbar

nbar Active Member

From what I was able to see last week, floors 3-5 have been completed. I did go to the second floor and the themeing was the old style.

15. mdubm

mdubm Active Member

I'm here now and they are doing the 2nd floor. Somehow we accidentally pressed floor 2 on the elevator and the entire floor is closed off. There's a sign when you stop. I'd imagine by September you'll be good to go on an updated room.
    Other than this forum, and the few signs I've seen, I'd hardly know construction was taking place. I've added two pictures of the new Marker at Ale and Compass. It's really nice and you can now refill your mugs there (at a Coca Cola free style machine, to boot), which makes it much easier than walking out to hurricane Hannah's.
    IMG_4987.JPG IMG_4988.JPG IMG_4988.JPG

MinnieM123 likes this.
  16. mdubm

mdubm Active Member

This won't help much. We keep missing the hot appetizers as well. Tonight I glanced briefly and it was pigs in a blanket, assorted cheeses, assorted salads. It wasn't anything over the top. I will say that we've really enjoyed having it as an option. We love the breakfast, around mid day it's the same chips with hummus and ranch and carrots and other veggies. Gummy bears, yogurt covered pretzels, chocolate covered cranberries, and cookies. We've mainly gotten our money's worth with beer and wine.

17. MCast

MCast Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. If you were to enter this new area via the front (not the small stairs), what is toward your right where there was another section of the gift shop?

18. surfsupdon

surfsupdon Well-Known Member

I believe that part is currently under construction, behind walls, and will be retail. The cooking is off to the left as you enter from the main entrance.

MCast likes this.