Xbox one or PS4?

afar28

Original Poster
Which one of the next gen consoles will you be getting? I'm still undecided. I currently have Xbox 360. I was originally going to get PS4 because of the whole used game/always online Xbox policies. But now that those are gone, I am on the fence about it. So what will you get?

stevehousse

We haven't made up our minds yet either. We have an xbox360 Nd an older PS2 still, but are currently undecided. I am happie that xboxone took all the restrictions away, however I am not thrilled with the price tag! On top of the $500 for the new Xbox you also have the Xbox live charges to pay for as well(our expires in a few more months) te Xbox one will be extremely expensive!!!

Xbox one -$500
Extra wireless controller-$60
New Xbox live gold 1 year-$69
New games-$60 a piece!

Assuming you buy at least 3 new games with the system that's about $800 total for a fully equipped new system! A bit extreme if you ask me!!!

erasure fan1

buy xbox live cards when they are on sale.. you should be able to get them for about $3-4/month average
Exactly. I never understood why people would complain about xbox live and the cost. I have never spent more than $30 on a year card. That's $2.50 a month, big deal.

I will not get either at launch because neither have what I would call a stellar set of games in the launch window. I am leaning toward the One because I have always been a bigger fan of the Microsoft exclusives than the PlayStation and the x-box control kicks the snot out of the PlayStation. For me its all about the games, so he who comes out with the games I want to play first, will get my business.

JrBernal83

There are plenty of reasons to purchase both systems. Over the years I have had every system except for the Jaguar. I have enjoyed everyone. With almost every third party game being released on both the Xbox One and the PS4, it is hard for me to consider the PS4. I purchased the PS3 mainly for Blu-ray, Metal Gear, and MLB the Show. Now that the Xbox is finally getting blu-ray and the new Metal Gear, it seems I have no use for the PS4...with the exception of MLB the Show. On November 22nd, I will be picking up my Xbox. The PS4 will have to wait until they finally release The Show, then I will jump on board.

Bparso87

PS4. It's more powerful, has better exclusives, and ia cheaper then Xbox One.

(360 Gamer this gen, PS2 and Orignal Xbox the gen before that.)
Better exclusive did u see titanfall? Neither one has an impressive day one lineup but I am going with Xbox. So use to Xbox is the main reason I was very close to get a ps4 but when it came down to it I just like Xbox.

disney fan 13

Better exclusive did u see titanfall? Neither one has an impressive day one lineup but I am going with Xbox. So use to Xbox is the main reason I was very close to get a ps4 but when it came down to it I just like Xbox.

I have the original Xbox Halo edition, and I gamed 360 this gen. But after the reveal, and DRM and that fiasco, I knew it was time to move on.

PS Titanfall is only a timed exclusive.

erasure fan1

I have the original Xbox Halo edition, and I gamed 360 this gen. But after the reveal, and DRM and that fiasco, I knew it was time to move on.

PS Titanfall is only a timed exclusive.
Question, how was the PS4 reveal any better? They didn't even have a system to show at a system reveal. If you want to go PS4 because you think the game selection is better or something like that, I get it. But the fact is the DRM is gone and the reveal for PS4 was a major joke. Neither system right now can compete with the 360 or PS3 with games coming in the next few months so it will be really hard to judge either system for at least 9 months or so. Sony has talked about DRM long before Microsoft (on consoles), and you can bet that Sony would have been doing the same thing if Microsoft wouldn't have gotten so much backlash. Because if Microsoft has the DRM and Sony did not, the majority of 3rd party publishers would focus on xbox exclusives because they are the ones that really want the DRM.

Bparso87

Question, how was the PS4 reveal any better? They didn't even have a system to show at a system reveal. If you want to go PS4 because you think the game selection is better or something like that, I get it. But the fact is the DRM is gone and the reveal for PS4 was a major joke. Neither system right now can compete with the 360 or PS3 with games coming in the next few months so it will be really hard to judge either system for at least 9 months or so. Sony has talked about DRM long before Microsoft (on consoles), and you can bet that Sony would have been doing the same thing if Microsoft wouldn't have gotten so much backlash. Because if Microsoft has the DRM and Sony did not, the majority of 3rd party publishers would focus on xbox exclusives because they are the ones that really want the DRM.
Good points and who says either one does not implement it in a couple years. All the stuff people where mad about anyways who doesn't have their Xbox hooked up to the Internet. Why trade your games in I have never traded a game in. Why pay 60 dollars and get 10 dollars back. I guess it would suck for companies like game fly and GameStop. I believe game stop would survive anyways with some exclusive stuff they can offer. I would buy both but can not afford that much if I was spending a grand on video games I would buy a PC.

disney fan 13

The reveal ed me off but E3 pushed me over to the other side. And yes in my opinion the PS4 is going to have better exclusives coming to it in the coming months.

:My Opinion:

erasure fan1

And yes in my opinion the PS4 is going to have better exclusives coming to it in the coming months.

:My Opinion:
That I can understand. For me not one of the PS4 exclusives really do anything for me. And on the One side, only a few are of any real interest. There is plenty to do on the current gen till the big dogs come out on either next gen system.

Bparso87

That I can understand. For me not one of the PS4 exclusives really do anything for me. And on the One side, only a few are of any real interest. There is plenty to do on the current gen till the big dogs come out on either next gen system.
Yea GTA will keep most ppl busy for a couple months. I will be getting xbone day one on midnight playing batman AO and cod ghost.

bsiev1977

Yea GTA will keep most ppl busy for a couple months. I will be getting xbone day one on midnight playing batman AO and cod ghost.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but there is currently no indication that Arkham Origins will be out for the XBOX One.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom