Xbox 360 or PS3?

WED99

Okay, I'll clarify. Wii wins because of the types of games that it has, price, and multiplayer capability. The PS3 at my house rarely gets used for anything other than watching movies (we bought it as a Blue Ray Player. At the time, PS3s and blue ray players were the same price, so it made sense), though we have a few of the Disney games. Most of the games on PS3 I'm not wild about. Wii tends to have more games that are family oriented, which is what I'm looking for. I'm not going for all the first-person shooter games. For those of you who have seen Wreck-it Ralph, I tend to be more of a Sugar Rush player than a Hero's Duty player. Plus, the Wii is in the basement. If we use the PS3, we have to take over the TV upstairs, and my dad kicks us off eventually. Wii games tend to be cheaper; the controllers were cheaper (the second one we got with Wii play. Game plus a controller). Though we don't own any previous Nintendo system games, the Wii has the advantage of playing the games from the previous systems, as well as using their controllers for certain games. The PS3 also tends to be a malfunctioning system. It overheats even though we keep it clean. It gives error messages on a regular basis. It needs frequent updates. It logs me out of my playstation account. I also like the versatility of the Wii remote and how certain games force you to move around instead of just sitting on your butt. We got the PS3 before the Wii. My dad bought it mainly because we weren't as happy with the PS3. So for my family, it's the Wii. But for others, it might be PS3, especially if you're more of a hard-core gamer. But just like not every Disney experience is right for everyone, not every gaming system is right for everyone. The PS3 does have better graphics than Wii overall (Epic Mickey and its sequel have decent graphics, though) and the picture quality for Netflix steaming is better on the PS3.

I've never had an X-box, nor do any of my friends, so I can't speak for it, though I've heard it's a very nice system.
Ok I think I get it. So the Wii is a better system for your household. Fair enough.

I thought we were talking overall where Xbox would come out dominate due to price, game library size, specs and multiplayer experience.

P.S. You should check out the Wii U, It's like everything you love from the Wii but with updated specs and a free iPad!

Matt7187

Original Poster
Ok I think I get it. So the Wii is a better system for your household. Fair enough.

I thought we were talking overall where Xbox would come out dominate due to price, game library size, specs and multiplayer experience.

P.S. You should check out the Wii U, It's like everything you love from the Wii but with updated specs and a free iPad!
I am actually disappointed with my wii u. I hope some upcoming games turn it around

StarWarsGirl

I was thinking about asking for one as a graduation present. If not, I'll save up. I really want one, but in all honesty, this year would have been too busy for me to even think about using it. My poor Wii barely gets any play time this year. As far as x-box, since I don't own one, I wouldn't pretend to speak about it, or bash it in any way. The reason we didn't choose it was because when we were buying, the xboxes were having problems with malfunctioning power cords. Plus the wii was only $150.

Oh, I forgot: portability. The wii is small enough that we can take it with us on our December trip to Hilton Head Island. Couldn't even think about it with the PS3...

iN MY HONEST OPINION, uHH, xBOX 360 IS SLIGHTLY BETTER. i PREFER THE WAY mICROSOFT HANDLES HOW YOU PLAY WITH FRIENDS. aND, oF COURSE, hALO. } : )

Matt7187

Original Poster
Hmm...can't you still play some of the original Wii games on it...
Yep
Lego City Undercover, Batman Arkham City and Scribblenauts Unlimited are the ones I would check out :)

Yes.
Have scribblenauts, it's fine. Still playing the first batman game on my ps3 (started it a couple weeks ago) and have Lego city and monster hunter preordered, so I hope those are really good!

erasure fan1

I am actually disappointed with my wii u. I hope some upcoming games turn it around
The sad fact is there is not a lot to be excited about for the Wii U except the new Zelda, and that has no release date yet. I have a 360 and the only games that interest me for Wii U I already have (batman, mass effect3). The unfortunate thing for the Wii U is it doesn't look like the 3rd party developers really want to work with it. So it looks like its up to the Big N to bear the load with awesome 1st party titles.

WED99

The sad fact is there is not a lot to be excited about for the Wii U except the new Zelda, and that has no release date yet. I have a 360 and the only games that interest me for Wii U I already have (batman, mass effect3). The unfortunate thing for the Wii U is it doesn't look like the 3rd party developers really want to work with it. So it looks like its up to the Big N to bear the load with awesome 1st party titles.
You have Nintendo to thank for them not wanting to make games for there systems. They treated there developers horribly in the N64 days so when the PS and Xbox came out with freedom to all developers they boycotted Nintendo. Then when you add the failure of the Wii and its rep as a kiddie system you end up with $15 on rails shooters that took about a month to make and have more bugs than an ant hill.

john edward

Both are good it just depends which one you like and how much money you're willing to spend.
If you buy XBOX 360 then you're going to end up paying more money in the end because of the cost of batteries and xbox live. Some of differences are:-

PS3
-free internet
-better looking design (in my opinion)
-doesn't break that easily
-has good selection of exclusive games
-has ps3 home
-has the new ps3 move thingy
-blu-ray
-you can now use netflix with it.
-ps3 trophies (a copy of 360's achievement system)
-better graphics than the 360 (only slightly better)

XBOX 360
-online experience is slightly better than ps3's
-the avatar system
-listen to music while playing games
-xbox live achievements
-controls come with a charger so you don't have to buy batteries
-comes with headset for maximum online fun
-xbox kinect for hands free gaming

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Both are good it just depends which one you like and how much money you're willing to spend.
If you buy XBOX 360 then you're going to end up paying more money in the end because of the cost of batteries and xbox live. Some of differences are:-

PS3
-free internet
-better looking design (in my opinion)
-doesn't break that easily
-has good selection of exclusive games
-has ps3 home
-has the new ps3 move thingy
-blu-ray
-you can now use netflix with it.
-ps3 trophies (a copy of 360's achievement system)
-better graphics than the 360 (only slightly better)

XBOX 360
-online experience is slightly better than ps3's
-the avatar system
-listen to music while playing games
-xbox live achievements
-controls come with a charger so you don't have to buy batteries
-comes with headset for maximum online fun
-xbox kinect for hands free gaming
The purchase of a good battery charger and rechargeable AA batteries can change your life. I spent less that $80 on a rechargeable battery set up several years ago and have not purchased a battery since.

WED99

The better graphics on PS3 hasn't been proven, on fact games lately such as Far Cry and Skyrim on the PS3 have been accused of horrible texture pop ins.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Then you play alot.. the simple chargers are also out there :) The one I listed has worked great for us
Actually my 360 controllers are just one piece of a much larger puzzle. When I look at my entire house there are batteries everywhere. I have 2 360 controllers, 4 Wiimotes, wireless IR Wii transmitter, 4 TV remotes, 7 smoke detectors, a digital scale, flash lights and an untold number of kids toys and various things all requiring batteries.

The 2 AA batteries in my 360 controller might last me a couple of months, but when I looked at the entire house I could see why I was buying 2-3 48 packs of AA batteries a year.

I had used rechargeable batteries before but did not find them cost effective as they seemed to loose their ability to hold a charge rather quickly. After a little research I found out the cheep chargers that came with the batteries you buy at Wal-Mart and Home Depot were to blame. They basically cook the batteries to death, but an intelligent battery charger that shuts down when the battery is fully charged solves this problem. A good battery charger can be had for about $40.

You can also get good rechargeable AA batteries for less than $1 a piece at the same places you find the chargers.

I purchased a charger and 48 batteries about 3 years ago and have not purchased a battery since.

erasure fan1

The better graphics on PS3 hasn't been proven, on fact games lately such as Far Cry and Skyrim on the PS3 have been accused of horrible texture pop ins.
For the most part you have to give the edge to the 360 if the game is a multi-system release. The 360 is a much easier system to program because of its similar to PC architecture, therefor games tend to have an edge over PS3. That's why Sony said the PS4 would have a PC based architecture this time.

WED99

For the most part you have to give the edge to the 360 if the game is a multi-system release. The 360 is a much easier system to program because of its similar to PC architecture, therefor games tend to have an edge over PS3. That's why Sony said the PS4 would have a PC based architecture this time.
I heard about this. It was stupid for Sony to try a new architecture, they attempted to be new and edgy but in the end they just lost many good exclusives.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom