Xbox 360 or PS3?

sweetpee_1993

DS15 says PS3. When asked why he says, "better graphics & smaller controller is better in my smaller hands." Okay. I can also tell you he's a huge fan of Uncharted.

DS16 says PS3. When asked why he says, "Better graphics & Blu-Ray." He goes on to say, "Paying for Xbox Live is silly. Sony has better games." This is my hardcore Call of Duty guy. Yeah, we were at the local GameStop at midnight on Tuesday to get his care package & hardback game guide. Lol!

As a mom, I'm going to say that it would suck to pay for XBox Live buuuuut if they don't have the issues the PSN did (hacked & shut down for a couple months) then it might be worth the cost. Either way, yikes at the cost of all these collectors editions, gaming headsets, etc. And lemme tell ya how...uh...colorful some of the characters are at the midnight releases... LOL!

stevehousse

I don't mind paying for Xbox features, I pay the year long fee and have access to so much content! I am not familiar with ps network, is it the same as Xbox Live at all?

sweetpee_1993

I don't mind paying for Xbox features, I pay the year long fee and have access to so much content! I am not familiar with ps network, is it the same as Xbox Live at all?

My boys could tell you more about it than me. As the mom-person the main thing I can speak of is that we don't pay for the Playstation Network access (aside from paying for the internet for our household use). I think it was a year or so ago they had the big security breech/hacking of the network that shut it down completely for like 2 months. It was around Easter time because I had put a couple PSN gift cards in each of the boys baskets and they were having complete fits not being able to use them right away. They use the PSN gift cards to download content, etc. My oldest I know uses them to get map packs for CoD and to download more music for Rock Band. Especially since the breech/hacking I absolutely will not link one of my credit cards or my PayPal account to the network. The only way they can buy content is to go to the store and purchase the PSN cards just like if they wanted stuff from iTunes they have to go get themselves some iTunes cards. Otherwise, they're SOL. LOL!

KeithVH

What? Nobody has Kinect? No one has seen SmartGlass? I think each system has it's merits and strengths but a technologically superior platform that has potential to be more than just a simple gaming system should count for something too.

Matt7187

Original Poster
What? Nobody has Kinect? No one has seen SmartGlass? I think each system has it's merits and strengths but a technologically superior platform that has potential to be more than just a simple gaming system should count for something too.
I have kinect, but what is SmartGlass?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have Kinect, but I must confess that I do not use it much. It is however much better than the Wii or the PS Move motion control system. I just do not play much in the way of motion control games. I use the voice integration for Nexflix quite a bit but the lag is just a little to high for me in FPS games.
I have kinect, but what is SmartGlass?
This is Smart Glass. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/entertain...mart+glass-e_a127abcc6bcc298e9ba50580edc684da

KeithVH

Voice control is evolving and kinect is getting extended something fierce. I would personally guess we'll see a "Minority Report"-type interface in production in the next 5-7 years. As soon as finer control is provided, I think FPS games will become much more integrated. I don't see Sony with anyone coming close to that.

P.S. - I hate Kinect as you can't decently kill zombies via that interface. But such a cool future outlook.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Sony lovers hang on PsN is free! Well sometimes you get what you pay for...

Sony got better with PsN but the reason no Xbox people complain about paying for XBL is because its worth it and long has been the best online experience on consoles.

And besides.. It's like 4 a month. Even a teenager can afford that. The only place it gets ugly is when you have multiple kids and they want their own logins.

Powerline

I owned an Xbox 360 for about 3 years and was just unentertained by it various times. I've been enjoying the PS3 exclusives and the blu ray much more than I have my old Xbox 360. So glad I got rid of that thing.

Now I'm more of a PC gamer considering how disappointing consoles have been to me. With Steam and it's various sales it's just so much easier on the wallet. I can't remember the last time I paid $59.99 for a game (I spent $39.99 on Pokemon White 2 the other day, most I've spent in a while.)

lilclerk

We have both in the house, though I'll admit I don't play games on them. I'm more of a casual PC/Nintendo gamer. I do use them for Netflix :D and I like the Netflix interface on the Xbox better. But if my roommate isn't playing anything on the Xbox and doesn't pay for Live for a month, I will happily use the PS3.

I hope I helped ;)

erasure fan1

Sony lovers hang on PsN is free! Well sometimes you get what you pay for...

Sony got better with PsN but the reason no Xbox people complain about paying for XBL is because its worth it and long has been the best online experience on consoles.

And besides.. It's like 4 a month. Even a teenager can afford that. The only place it gets ugly is when you have multiple kids and they want their own logins.
Exactly! I would much prefer paying for a service that is top quality rather than getting it for free and it being low quality. Dont forget that PS3 users also love the "PS3 has a blu-ray player and xbox doesnt!" argument. I really think the only reason Sony didnt adopt a pay structure for online gaming is because they have been in last place this generation. If PS3 killed it like the PS2 did, you can bet they would have charged for the service.

G00fyDad

I don't like either, but my brother (who yes, still lives in my parents basement) has nearly every console made, prefers the XBox. Me, I'd prefer a PC game. I can frag almost anyone on a PC game with a keyboard (lots of buttons under my left hand) and a mouse. Hand me a game console controller and I'm zombie food.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't like either, but my brother (who yes, still lives in my parents basement) has nearly every console made, prefers the XBox. Me, I'd prefer a PC game. I can frag almost anyone on a PC game with a keyboard (lots of buttons under my left hand) and a mouse. Hand me a game console controller and I'm zombie food.
There is no question that it takes some getting use to. I was a PC gamer for years and switched over to consoles (360) in late 2007. It took about a year to really feel confident with a game controller. I recently just purchased a new gaming PC and wound up getting a 360 controller for it to avoid having to unlearn what I had learned while playing Borderlands 2.

WED99

Used PS3 for years, then got a free xbox with my tv. My PS3 just collects dust now. Xbox online does cost money, but I never get lag and the features are great! The xbox controller just feels better and Kinect is great (especially Disneyland Adventures!)

afar28

I prefer Xbox. Why?
1. I am a huge Halo, GEars of War, Forza and Left for Dead Fan, all games not on ps3
2. I prefer the controller.
3. I prefer the buttons (I.E. the A button as opposed to a triangle)
4. Online service is less laggy and better IMO.
5. Less hackers
6. COD map packs early
7. I like the dashboard design better

UberMouse

I have all the above. I play the 360 quite a bit. I used the PS3 for the Blue-ray player and to play Uncharted games. That is about it. Both are tops in my book for what they do and offer. Online play with the 360 is better being that it is a subscription service I have less trouble with server lag. I don't have the Wii U yet, but I do have the Wii. My wife uses it for her workouts, that is about it. The Wii U..meh. I'm over Nintendo at this point. I probably will not buy one in the foreseeable future.

Also, the Xbox 360 is supposed to be getting a console version of Windows 8 soon. Probably something like a even more slimmed down Win8 RT.

KeithVH

Has anyone heard more than a crappy rumor about a possible 360-oriented tablet? That would be cool enough to carry around.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Has anyone heard more than a crappy rumor about a possible 360-oriented tablet? That would be cool enough to carry around.
Nothing more than the aforementioned crappy rumor. I think the Slate and Windows Phone 8 will take the reigns for tablet style gaming vs a 360 tablet or portable 360 coming out. The only way to really make it work is to make a portable game system like the PS Vita and from my understanding, Sony is taking a bath on the PS Vita. I doubt MS will enter that market without some assurance that they can make money on it.

There are also pretty strong rumors of the next generation of the 360 console launching at E3 this year. If that platform receives a significant CPU and GPU upgrade it is unlikely that the hardware will fit into a tablet format for a few years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom