Xbox 360 or PS3?

Matt7187

Original Poster
At my school, everyone argues over how either the ps3 is better or vice versa. I personally think the ps3 is the better system (I have both) because of the many original series on the playstation like uncharted, infamous, little big planet, god of war, sly cooper, and the list could go on forever! Do you prefer the Xbox 360 or the ps3?

erasure fan1

I am a 360 guy. For me it all comes down to games. I love RPGs and the 360 was the way to go when I picked it up. Even if games like Oblivion, Mass effect 1 & 2, Bioshock... are now on PS3, they were all exclusive to xbox for a year or so. I think Kinect is more innovative than move. I love the 360 controller and I have never liked the play station controller. And as of right now the exclusives could go either way depending on what you like. Halo, gears of war, fable, lost odyssey, forza... any big release will end up on both systems anyway. Personally the only PS3 exclusive that I like is the uncharted series but thats not enough to make me buy the system.

Lorange

360 for me, although I mainly use it for Netflix. On PS3, The only appeal to me was bluray (which can be found anywhere now) and PS Home.

Mikester71

Did most of my gaming on my computer for years until I finally broke down and bought a PS3 a few years ago, mainly for the bluray feature at the time. So glad I went with PS3 though - LOVE their console specific series that you mentioned in your post, especially the Uncharted series.

stevehousse

I don't know if I am getting too old, but I still do not understand the concept of WiiU??? Lol it doesn't make sense to me and seems really confusing??

Lorange

I don't know if I am getting too old, but I still do not understand the concept of WiiU??? Lol it doesn't make sense to me and seems really confusing??

Think of it as a way of Bridging the gap between tablet and gaming console, That's pretty much what it is.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have the 360 as well as a Wii and a gaming PC. The PC is the best, but it comes with a good number of caveats namely cost. Of the choices given I prefer the 360. I love the interface, Xbox Live borders on flawless and of course there is HALO :D . About the only thing I would like added is a Blu-Ray player.

Out of the 2? PS3. But the WiiU will be the best as of next week.
While it will be the best next week, the next generation of the 360 and possibly the PS3 are expected to be shown at E3 this year. Wii will hold the crown on paper (it has more RAM and a better GPU), but it will not be enough to court the hard core gamer away from the 360 or PS3.

It basically add a tablet as a controller/second screen. The Wii U also is in HD where as the Wii was in standard def. The Wii U does not have Blu-Ray.

JustInTime

I have the 360 as well as a Wii and a gaming PC. The PC is the best, but it comes with a good number of caveats namely cost. Of the choices given I prefer the 360. I love the interface, Xbox Live borders on flawless and of course there is HALO :D . About the only thing I would like added is a Blu-Ray player.

While it will be the best next week, the next generation of the 360 and possibly the PS3 are expected to be shown at E3 this year. Wii will hold the crown on paper (it has more RAM and a better GPU), but it will not be enough to court the hard core gamer away from the 360 or PS3.

Nintendo has never needed the hardcore gamer and it's always done fine. I don't want those types of games on my nintendo anyway. I'll be a nintendo fan forever.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Nintendo has never needed the hardcore gamer and it's always done fine. I don't want those types of games on my nintendo anyway. I'll be a nintendo fan forever.
The have not been doing fine as of late. They posted a net loss of 532 million last year and they will be selling the Wii U at a loss. If game sales don increase they are in for a tough 2013.

JustInTime

The have not been doing fine as of late. They posted a net loss of 532 million last year and they will be selling the Wii U at a loss. If game sales don increase they are in for a tough 2013.

Well, they have one of the oldest consoles on the market. A drop is expected. And the Wii is still the best seller of this generation of game systems. Nintendo will be fine. The WiiU will be the must have item for a very long time. And I foresee the 3DS picking up steam in 2013.

mickeysbrother

PS3 hands down.. reasoning well

Ps3 hardware still surpasses games. They have not figured out how to put better graphics and stuff onto a cd yet. The ps3 will be another 10 year gaming system. Xbox hardware will need to be updated if games start to get better.

FREE ONLINE GAME PLAY.

controller much better then that huge thing microsoft calls a controller.

But i do agree a lot of games on the xbox are better or never seen on the ps3.

with hd tv's graphics are minor diffrences between the 2.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom