Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista

Jess G

Original Poster
This is just to start off my vacation 2 nights before checking in Port Orleans Riverside. I've stayed at Best Western over there and it was alright, nothing crazy, I would go back if necessary. Wondering if this is any better?

JohnD

Was about to post a new thread, so I'll just add to it:

Got a good rate for the Wyndham Lake Buena Vista through Groupon. Anyone have experience with that resort? What do you think? (As "insurance" I still have a reservation at the Comfort Inn in "Maingate West". I have until 9/1 to cancel that).

Raegansmommy

We haven't stayed there, but like you, are just staying 2 nights prior to checking into POP. Got way better deals on flights leaving 2 days early, and since it is a weekend, I don't have to take the kids out of school. We got a deal through hotels.com. Hoping it is a nice hotel!

JohnD

We haven't stayed there, but like you, are just staying 2 nights prior to checking into POP. Got way better deals on flights leaving 2 days early, and since it is a weekend, I don't have to take the kids out of school. We got a deal through hotels.com. Hoping it is a nice hotel!

My plans changed before Labor Day. A good rate for POFQ opened up so I took it for two nights.

Jess G

Original Poster

I hear that this is a nice hotel. You can walk to downtown disney so you can't beat that... if you are in the main building on a high enough floor you will be able to see fireworks if your facing disney's direction.

JohnD

LOL funny b/c I ended up canceling my reservation for POP

My rationale was that I would be staying on Disney property, could make use of EMH if desired, and have easier access to the bus system. Also fewer taxes and fees compared to Wyndham. And for two nights, why not stay at a moderate?

Raegansmommy

My rationale was that I would be staying on Disney property, could make use of EMH if desired, and have easier access to the bus system. Also fewer taxes and fees compared to Wyndham. And for two nights, why not stay at a moderate?

I called Disney to extend our stay, but there was nothing available in a mod or at POP for 2 more days. It would have increased our vacation by $1,500 because all that was available was a family suite at AOA. We did the dining plan, so it also increased that by 2 days. We are not flying in until 7:30pm, and then we will have to drive there, so really only 1 more day. We will go to Disney Springs that day, and also thought about going to the Boardwalk because we have never been there before. I keep checking to see if something will open up on property, but with the dining plan we have to pay for 2 more days adding the 2 nights.

JohnD

I called Disney to extend our stay, but there was nothing available in a mod or at POP for 2 more days. It would have increased our vacation by $1,500 because all that was available was a family suite at AOA. We did the dining plan, so it also increased that by 2 days. We are not flying in until 7:30pm, and then we will have to drive there, so really only 1 more day. We will go to Disney Springs that day, and also thought about going to the Boardwalk because we have never been there before. I keep checking to see if something will open up on property, but with the dining plan we have to pay for 2 more days adding the 2 nights.

Absolutely go with what works best for your situation.

21stamps

You can do a separate reservation! It will be separate regardless, but you choose if you want the dining plan or not.
I technically have 3 reservations during our trip. 2 of them at the same resort, same room type. 1 night is not applicable for an AP discount so had to do that one alone and check in again the next day when discount starts. Then at the end of our trip we are switching to WL. Only one of the 3 has the dining plan attached.. I wanted to remove it but was told it wasn't possible bc resort is sold out. Oh well. My point is- you don't have to include the dining plan when you book the 2 nights that you need.

Raegansmommy

You can do a separate reservation! It will be separate regardless, but you choose if you want the dining plan or not.
I technically have 3 reservations during our trip. 2 of them at the same resort, same room type. 1 night is not applicable for an AP discount so had to do that one alone and check in again the next day when discount starts. Then at the end of our trip we are switching to WL. Only one of the 3 has the dining plan attached.. I wanted to remove it but was told it wasn't possible bc resort is sold out. Oh well. My point is- you don't have to include the dining plan when you book the 2 nights that you need.

Yes, my problem is that we booked at 90 days out, last minute trip. We didn't book our flights until 60 days out and at that point, there were not any standard rooms left. Then my husband got ambitious and booked through hotels.com, so that isn't refundable lol. So, for next time, I will make a mental note. Go Bucks!

drwadadli

I realize this post is a few months old but I am curious. Has anyone stayed here (yet)? How are the bus systems to the parks? What would be the best way to get to Epcot (if the bus system is not good)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom