1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Wyndham Bonnet Creek

Discussion in 'WDW Offsite Hotels, Dining, Shopping' started by BigRedDad, Oct 23, 2016.

1. BigRedDad

BigRedDad Well-Known Member

We are in the planning stages for our Summer trip. We have a very short Summer window with the calendar change for school. I have been looking at staying on property, but the prices are insane. Even if there were a discount, it can't compare to the quote I have at WBC. I have stayed at WBC and the resort is incredible. I even think it is better than any Disney resort.

For 9 nights, I am at $3,300 for AoA with 10 day tickets. At WBC in a 2BR unit, I am at ~$3,300 with Annual Passes (includes the ~$200 savings in parking with APs).

1. I lose out making FP+ picks 60 days out. At least with APs I can make them 30 days out.
    2. I get APs which makes it possible for a second trip in the 13 month window (APs are 13 months now).
    3. I lose EMH which we have never really never taken advantage of. Summer nights the parks are open late anyway. Morning EMH is only Fantasyland at MK and the other parks don't have too much benefit in the morning.

What are the offsite experts thoughts?

DiSnEyF@n likes this.
  2. BigRedDad

BigRedDad Well-Known Member Original Poster

I am going to continue my search for a DVC 1BR unit. I have quotes for WBC for ~$1,000 for a week. I have an offer for a 1BR unit at BWV for about $1,800. That is well above me deciding not to go to WBC.

3. epcotisbest

epcotisbest Well-Known Member

We now stay offsite more than onsite. WBC is a great property. I would take it over AoA, especially in a two bedroom. Some of our favorites include the Marriott timeshares, with our favorite being Marriott Lakeshore Reserve and Marriott Cypress Harbour. We just got back from Marriott Grande Vista a couple of weeks ago and it was good too.

4. BigRedDad

Thanks for that info. I was given an offer yesterday for a 1BR at WBC that I could not turn down. The owner was very friendly and able to meet our payment terms. For us, staying offsite requires an AP. With the 13 month deal going on now, we will get at least 3 uses out of the passes. The other benefit is that we get 20% off merchandise and dining, free parking, and Memory Maker is included. Those do add up and with trips, they add up greatly.

When we went to Sea World/US a few years ago, we stayed at the Renaissance hotel. We saw those Marriott developments and they were very nice.

5. BASS

BASS Member

I stayed there a couple years ago on a trip to Sea World and found the resort beautiful. I thought the hotel was gorgeous. It was under $150/night but felt like a resort that could easily get away charging $300+/night. Compared to what you get at Disney for the same price, it's a steal.

6. BigRedDad

Yes it is. I booked for less than $80 a night for this coming Summer.

Nausicaä and ParentsOf4 like this.
  7. Nausicaä

Nausicaä Member

Wow! That's a really good deal. Good for you.

8. BigRedDad

I have been looking for other places. We have not decided because we were trying to see if we could swing a DCL cruise the week after. Since that is not going to happen because of price, we are going to stay a second week at WDW. We have not decided on a resort yet. The cheapest Value resort is still $900 for 5 nights. I can get another 7-day rental for about $700 in a 2BR unit. I have found Orange Lake Resort, Windsor Hills, and of course a 2nd week at WBC. All are within the same amount. I can't see staying a <300sf studio vs a ~1,250sf 2BR unit w/ 2 full baths, kitchen.

9. DiSnEyF@n

DiSnEyF@n Well-Known Member

Any idea what kind of park transportation there is??? Are there buses?

10. BigRedDad

WBC has a bus, but is a single RT and it is something like $6-$8 per person. Definitely not worth having. You are better off renting a car and paying for parking. However, when you factor those 2 in, you lose a great deal of the savings.