WWOHP Question re spoilers

JillC LI

Original Poster
My daughter is currently reading the 5th book in the Harry Potter series and will probably be in the 6th book by the time we get to the WWOHP. Is there anything at the WWOHP or on the Forbidden Journey ride that will give away anything that happens in the later books for her? She desparately tries to avoid discussing the series with anyone for fear that they will give something away but she is dying to visit the WWOHP. I've read all the books so I can turn her attention away from anything significant (she's only 10) if I know where it will turn up. That's what I did when I took her to see the Harry Potter Exhibition in NYC (which was amazing). Thanks! :wave:

GLaDOS

My daughter is currently reading the 5th book in the Harry Potter series and will probably be in the 6th book by the time we get to the WWOHP. Is there anything at the WWOHP or on the Forbidden Journey ride that will give away anything that happens in the later books for her? She desparately tries to avoid discussing the series with anyone for fear that they will give something away but she is dying to visit the WWOHP. I've read all the books so I can turn her attention away from anything significant (she's only 10) if I know where it will turn up. That's what I did when I took her to see the Harry Potter Exhibition in NYC (which was amazing). Thanks! :wave:

No, there are no spoilers.

The area is mostly centered around books 3 and 4, though there are no direct story elements given from the books. Just characters and settings.

Pioneer Hall

If anything the era of WWoHP takes place before the completion of the series. Dumbledore and other deceased characters are still in the Forbidden Journey attraction. I can't see anything that would spoil any of the major plot points of the later books if she is already up to 5.

maxairmike

There's no really concrete story lines directly from the book in the land in general, even less so on the Forbidden Journey ride. As the other two have noted, most of the content for the land was pulled from the first four or five books.

dave&di

If anything the era of WWoHP takes place before the completion of the series. Dumbledore and other deceased characters are still in the Forbidden Journey attraction. I can't see anything that would spoil any of the major plot points of the later books if she is already up to 5.

Dumbledores dead! :eek: There should be a spoiler alert on this thread! :ROFLOL:

JillC LI

Original Poster
Dumbledores dead! :eek: There should be a spoiler alert on this thread! :ROFLOL:

You're right, I should have made this point more clearly in my title although I did use the word "spoiler". I'm sorry. Moderators feel free to edit if you think it is necessary based on some of the responses my intentionally vague question elicited.

Thank you for everyone who responded. My daughter and I can't wait to visit the WWOHP!

dave&di

You're right, I should have made this point more clearly in my title although I did use the word "spoiler". I'm sorry. Moderators feel free to edit if you think it is necessary based on some of the responses my intentionally vague question elicited.

Thank you for everyone who responded. My daughter and I can't wait to visit the WWOHP!

I was joking! I have seen all films apart from the last one. I'm sorry my joke wasn't obvious! :brick:

dave&di

No, no, I got it that you were joking with respect to yourself, but I was concerned about other readers. :)

Oh ok! My bad. Enjoy your trip, WWOHP is impressive, if your daughter is a fan she will love it, it will mean more if she has seen any of the films, not just read the books as the place looks like it does in the movies!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom