WWoHP Proposal

brresler

Original Poster
Heya,
I'm contemplating popping the question, and I'm hoping you all can help! My gf is a huge fan of Harry Potter, and it seems like an appropriate place (not to mention giving her another reason to love Orlando buys me more trips to Disney). But I'm not sure how to go about it, since I've never been to the Wizarding World (I've got a decent amount of experience with Universal in general though). Any recommendations? I know she doesn't want a big public proposal, but I have no idea how to set anything more private up. Is there someone I can contact at Universal? Maybe an owl delivery or something? Any help is greatly appreciated!
PS - I wasn't sure whether to post this on the Proposals board, since its Universal specific. Feel free to move it if needed!

nighttimewisher

I haven't managed to get there yet so this may not work but...
How about in Ollivander's you can organise it so she gets picked to find a wand. After a few tries she opens the next box (maybe handed to her by you, if not Ollivander) and instead of a wand its an engagement ring?

That would be quite small as it is limited space per show

daikonjam

I haven't managed to get there yet so this may not work but...
How about in Ollivander's you can organise it so she gets picked to find a wand. After a few tries she opens the next box (maybe handed to her by you, if not Ollivander) and instead of a wand its an engagement ring?

That would be quite small as it is limited space per show

If that happened to me, I would be so happy. I think you should arrange something like that, it'd be really special and make waiting in a long line all the more worthwhile. DO IT.

brresler

Original Poster
Thanks! That would be great. I'd definitely have to control the number of people in the store, since the one thing I know is she doesn't want it to be public. Anyone have any idea about who I could contact to set something like that up?

nighttimewisher

It's actually a show rather than a store - a small group allowed in for each "performance" . Not sure of numbers yet and afraid I can't help you with contact.

I believe a few Universal employees around on the area of the boards - may be the guys to ask

MKCP 1985

The one and only time I've been to this area was in December of 2010 and just before we boarded the Forbidden Journey, the ride shut down for about 10 minutes. We later learned someone had made a (pre-planned) wedding proposal on the ride during that time. I never did get details, other than "she said yes."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom