WWoHP-DA WEBCAST - 10:30am est

BubbaQuest

If you don't have a park hopper (I know that's a Disney term) YOU DONT RIDE! That's no good in my book!

Wasn't WDW transportation the same way several years ago -- for hotel guests only? At least I seem to remember that being listed as a perk of Disney Vacation packages.

At least it's going to be an option at Uni. Wanna take the monorail to DCA? Not gonna happen.

maxairmike

If you don't have a park hopper (I know that's a Disney term) YOU DONT RIDE! That's no good in my book!

Ah, but here's the beauty, the one park ticket will be relegated to practical obscurity, a small print line at the bottom of the ticket board. The new main ticket will no longer be one day one park, it will be one day two parks. Of course, Hogwarts Express practically turns both into one large park, but charging to the two park price for a "single" park ticket wouldn't fly well. And why would you want to buy a one day one park, you're eliminating yourself from experiencing an attraction. And yes, I realize it raises the price of entry even higher than Disney, but at least they're giving you something new (at both ends, no less) for it, and on a regular basis.

Starting this summer, good luck finding material at Universal Orlando even mentioning a one park ticket.

tribbleorlfl

To me, that's the biggest surprise in the announcement. Since I first heard the HP 2.0/HE rumor, I figured this would be the route they'd go from a pure operations perspective. Still, I believe one of the "insiders" on another board was pretty adamant that 1 park ticket holders would get to ride. It makes sense from a revenue and ops perspective, but I'm sure guest services will be pretty busy.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Feb 2012 we had to ask at the ticket counter for them. They weren't listed on the ticket booths then either.
How did you ask? When I went to Uni last year they said to my face at the gate that the only ticket they sell at the gate is the two-park one day ticket. I was kinda miffed because all I wanted to do was Islands, and it was money I was planning to spend on food/gifts/etc.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So they finally clarify you needed the two park ticket to ride the Hogwarts express. Kind of disappointing for me we were planning on going to the studios for just one day this fall. We only have one day... And The studios was going to have plenty to be able to fill a full day but now we have to ponder buying the two park option just to experience one attraction. Kind of sucks in that respect

maxairmike

How did you ask? When I went to Uni last year they said to my face at the gate that the only ticket they sell at the gate is the two-park one day ticket. I was kinda miffed because all I wanted to do was Islands, and it was money I was planning to spend on food/gifts/etc.

You just have to be polite but firm that you want that ticket option, or the person you got was intent on getting their up-sell (I'm sure 1-park/day tickets aren't the desired sale to see on your numbers report).

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward

I wasn't at the counter my Father in Law bought the tickets. He never said there was a problem so I guess he just asked.

Voxel

President of Progress City
You just have to be polite but firm that you want that ticket option, or the person you got was intent on getting their up-sell (I'm sure 1-park/day tickets aren't the desired sale to see on your numbers report).
I will keep this in mind. I thought I was nice and I asked like 3/4 times. In retrospect I am kinda more mad about being forced into a ticket I did not want. For the most part that is my one major issue with Universal, while most of the staff was nice telling employees to say they they only sell two park tickets is low. I learned to plan Uni in advance and order ticks online.
I wasn't at the counter my Father in Law bought the tickets. He never said there was a problem so I guess he just asked.
No problem.

asianway

I actually think IoA could take a hit because USF will be getting the first clicks of the day.
Someone here told me TEA doesn't use first click methodology. Hoppers are double counted which inflates Disneys numbers more than the usual padding does(out of order room manipulation, etc)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom