Write to DVC please ib responce to glasswear being removed!!

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Write to DVC please in responce to glasswear being removed!!

OK so yes I started another thread about this...Please I'm asking any DVC member who is not happy with the new down grade of the DVC studios to no longer have glasswear to please write to them with your responce , not that I think i'll do anything but maybe if enough people complain.....Well see...Here's the link...Oh any thanks guys!!

DVCmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

DisneyPhD

We wrote to DVC on March 10, this was the automated response we received on that day

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club.

Your comments are important to us and we appreciate your taking the time
to write. We will review the feedback you have provided and will
respond within 5 business days. Please note: Based on the nature of
your comments or questions, we may need to forward your message to other
Walt Disney Company affiliates or nonaffiliated third party service
providers.

Thank you again for your message.

Sincerely,

Member Satisfaction Team
Disney Vacation Club

Today is March 18, and have not heard back. It's been 6 business days and still no word. I hope that means they are re-thinking this.

dixiegirl

Original Poster
yeah we got one of those too, so I wrote back again this morning....I hope if enough of us DVC members write and complain something would be done.....I would'nt even mind if there was a small fee.....ahhh lets see.

DisneyPhD

Here is the follow-up message received today. They have found a way to wash the glassware!!!:sohappy:

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us
regarding the glassware changes in our studios. We continually review
the cleaning practices in our resorts. Upon reviewing the dishware and
glassware washing process for the studio units, we realized that hand
washing wasn't sufficient to meet our cleanliness standards.

Glassware and ceramic mugs in the studios were replaced with disposables
because dishwashing machines are not available in those units. We
wanted to take action quickly and using disposables was the most
expedient solution.

We have since determined that we will be able to provide glassware and
ceramic mugs at resorts where glass washing equipment is available.
This includes Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, The
Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas and
the Inn rooms at Disney's Vero Beach Resort.

For all DVC stand-alone campus properties (Disney's Saratoga Springs
Resort & Spa, Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island
Resort and the villas at Disney's Vero Beach Resort) that do not have
glass washers available, we will continue to utilize the disposable cups
until we can source a more environmentally friendly product. We are
investigating the possibility of installing glass washers at specified
locations throughout the stand-alone campus properties.

The disposable cups are replenished upon request. If a Guest/Member
calls to request glassware, we will provide it and remove it upon
checkout.

Your comments are important to us. Please be assured that we have
shared your concerns with the appropriate individuals.

Thanks to all who wrote to DVC about this.

DVC Mike

DVC has also posted the following on the member web site:

Resorts adjust studio glassware practices

As part of a continuous review of cleaning practices in Disney Resort hotels, leaders determined that hand washing dishware and glassware in Disney Vacation Club studio units wasn't sufficient to meet the company's cleanliness standards.

For studio accommodations at Disney Vacation Club Resorts in which glass-washing equipment is available (Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas and the Inn rooms at Disney's Vero Beach Resort), glassware and ceramic mugs now are cleaned in the glass washers, rather than by hand.

Studio accommodations at stand-alone Disney Vacation Club Resorts (Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, the villas at Disney's Vero Beach Resort and Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa) now utilize disposable cups, since glass washers aren't available at those resorts. The company wanted to take action quickly, and using disposables was the most expedient solution. Housekeepers replenish the disposable cups upon request.

Disney Vacation Club leaders are investigating more environmentally friendly disposable products, as well as the possibility of installing glass washers at specified locations within the stand-alone properties.

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Here is the follow-up message received today. They have found a way to wash the glassware!!!:sohappy:

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us
regarding the glassware changes in our studios. We continually review
the cleaning practices in our resorts. Upon reviewing the dishware and
glassware washing process for the studio units, we realized that hand
washing wasn't sufficient to meet our cleanliness standards.

Glassware and ceramic mugs in the studios were replaced with disposables
because dishwashing machines are not available in those units. We
wanted to take action quickly and using disposables was the most
expedient solution.

We have since determined that we will be able to provide glassware and
ceramic mugs at resorts where glass washing equipment is available.
This includes Disney's Beach Club Villas, Disney's BoardWalk Villas, The
Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas and
the Inn rooms at Disney's Vero Beach Resort.

For all DVC stand-alone campus properties (Disney's Saratoga Springs
Resort & Spa, Disney's Old Key West Resort, Disney's Hilton Head Island
Resort and the villas at Disney's Vero Beach Resort) that do not have
glass washers available, we will continue to utilize the disposable cups
until we can source a more environmentally friendly product. We are
investigating the possibility of installing glass washers at specified
locations throughout the stand-alone campus properties.

The disposable cups are replenished upon request. If a Guest/Member
calls to request glassware, we will provide it and remove it upon
checkout.

Your comments are important to us. Please be assured that we have
shared your concerns with the appropriate individuals.

Thanks to all who wrote to DVC about this.

Boy they must have been on a mailing frenzy, I got the exact same letter too!!
Do they fail to realize that if they provide you with the sponge and dish soap like they've done in the past there is no need for a "glass washer unit"??

guess they'll be installing those at all the non DVC resorts first...lol

DisneyPhD

Boy they must have been on a mailing frenzy, I got the exact same letter too!!
Do they fail to realize that if they provide you with the sponge and dish soap like they've done in the past there is no need for a "glass washer unit"??

guess they'll be installing those at all the non DVC resorts first...lol

I think the issue was that housekeeping was supposed to be washing these by hand in between guests and in some cases they were just wiping them down (perhaps with already dirty rags?). It is not the guest's responsibility to wash the glassware (or towels or sheets) at the end of their stay (or at the beginning although a number of people do this), that's why we pay dues. Housekeeping is the biggest expense on the dues statement for VWL at $0.70 per point (Maintenance $0.59 and Front Desk $0.56 are #2 and #3). Perhaps it will cut some time off of the down time between guests now that they can simply replace the dirty glassware with clean from the cart and not have to spend the time washing it by hand.

Wasn't that nice of DVC to post this new policy on their website AFTER they had implemented it and received what must have been a HUGE number of complaints and decided to change the new policy again.

dixiegirl

Original Poster
I think the issue was that housekeeping was supposed to be washing these by hand in between guests and in some cases they were just wiping them down (perhaps with already dirty rags?). It is not the guest's responsibility to wash the glassware (or towels or sheets) at the end of their stay (or at the beginning although a number of people do this), that's why we pay dues. Housekeeping is the biggest expense on the dues statement for VWL at $0.70 per point (Maintenance $0.59 and Front Desk $0.56 are #2 and #3). Perhaps it will cut some time off of the down time between guests now that they can simply replace the dirty glassware with clean from the cart and not have to spend the time washing it by hand.

Wasn't that nice of DVC to post this new policy on their website AFTER they had implemented it and received what must have been a HUGE number of complaints and decided to change the new policy again.

Gee, are'nt you glad that you now "know the Secret"???... Whats next?? We shall see, pretty bad when you have to rely on non-disney sponserd sites to get disney info!

Phonedave

Right,

It sounds to me that Housekeeping runs the glassware through the dishwasher in the unit to clean them, but in a studio no dishwasher = hand cleaning, which was not getting done, or not getting done properly.

They could install a dishwasher like you find in a bar in or near the trashrooms at stand alone resorts. It takes about 5 minutes to wash dishes in them. You put them in one side and they come out the other.. wet, but clean. But then of course there is the problem of ensuring that housekeeping does indeed bring the glasses there to wash them.

-dave

slappy magoo

Here's my crazy idea. When someone checks out of a studio, the glasses are removed. Even the standalone DVC properties have restaurants or quick service counters, which means...they'll have dishwashers! Remove the glasses from the room, have them washed in the resturants/QS' kitchen..., buy some extra glasses and rotate them so Mousekeeping doesn't have to make two trips to get them washed and return them to the rooms. I'll be happy to donate an extra dollar-fifty to a buy-extra-glasses fund.

Crazy idea #2: Even when it comes to the ginormous DVC properties where it takes you a half hour to get to the food court, people still buy refillable mugs. DVC could make some commemorative-but-SMALLER DVC-themed glasses (6-8 oz), that could be purchased right when you check in as a special keepsake or premium. Make them ONLY available to DVC guests, and at a reasonable price (heck they can be taken out of dues, and the price charged can go back into the dues, there's no doubt that they'll sell). Make them glass, NOT plastic, so people won't want to bring them outside of the rooms (and if there isn't already this rule, maybe institute one that states, for insurance reasons, glasses and other breakable, shatter-able containers are not to be used around by the pools or playgrounds, food courts...anywhere but in the individual rooms. DVC guests not only now have glasses, they have another keepsake/memento of their trip, but since they can break if dropped, theyr'e forbidden to bring them outside the rooms (but they can bring 'em home), which means they shouldn't/probably wouldn't cut in to the lucrative refillable mug racket, especially if they were ONLY made available to people staying in DVC rooms. Even people staying at Boardwalk, AKL, Beach Club or Wilderness can't buy them unless they're staying in a villa. To cut down on gawkers saying "What are those glasses, how come they got 'em, *I* want 'em!!!" the DVC guest is told on check-in, how much the glasses are, what the rules are for using them, etc. If the guest wants them, they're either handed over in a generic brown box with no fancy packaging, OR they're ordered at the desk and delivered to the room shortly thereafter.

If people don't want to purchase them as soveneirs, plain glasses can still be delivered as requested, though of course left in the room at checkout.

I dunno, makes sense to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom