Wow!!! The Fantasy had THE RIDE last night!!!

iloverags2

That "other" board...thread titled "Are you like us seriously re-considering..." post #113. Gotta love Kelly! I was in a debate with someone who said they no longer trust DCL because of their decision to sail into the storm, but they trust Royal. I finally just went ahead and posted a link to a thread backing me up on RCI doing the same thing and the person backed off. Not a "boo" out of her. I so hate posting links in threads to other message boards, just out of respect, but I was getting extremely miffed and finally did so. Must have worked though...it stopped the argument!

Glad you made it home safe and sound!!!

jakeman

Awwww...I'm sorry you were on the 3-night to nowhere. Did they offer a lot to do indoors? Just curious. You're so right, definitely a First World problem. Yay for a good discount! And glad that in the end it at least seems like there was some amount of enjoyment. At least you can say you did it, huh? Think you'll use your discount and go for it again??? A lot of the freaked-out people and some that are freaked out from what they've read are saying they're reconsidering. Curious what your perspective is. Thanks for chiming in! :)
It was our second cruise. The first one was in February on the Magic (thanks Richard!). Our favorites days were the at sea days, so spending two days on a bigger ship was fine with us.

They weren't 100% prepare but it was very minor things like the Disney trivia was a repeat, that kind of thing. The staff in general was great as always.

There was nothing to be freaked out about. We were never in any danger whatsoever. We will definitely be using the discount for a future cruise without hesitation.

Disneyfalcon

That "other" board...thread titled "Are you like us seriously re-considering..." post #113. Gotta love Kelly! I was in a debate with someone who said they no longer trust DCL because of their decision to sail into the storm, but they trust Royal. I finally just went ahead and posted a link to a thread backing me up on RCI doing the same thing and the person backed off. Not a "boo" out of her. I so hate posting links in threads to other message boards, just out of respect, but I was getting extremely miffed and finally did so. Must have worked though...it stopped the argument!

Glad you made it home safe and sound!!!

I saw that. I was so glad you did. I was cheering you on. That person is the worst on both threads. Completely irrational about how other cruise lines are so much more trustworthy now. I am thinking she may be the TA that Richard referenced? Interesting. Also funny that her Etsy site has only DCL stuff, and yet she's slamming Disney up and down.

StageFrenzy

Was on the Wonder in Nov of 2010, I think Thomas was the storm. Anyway we really didn't get near the storm but we did have some rough seas around 8-13 on the way to the Bahamas. I was bored and feeling frisky so during the second Dinner seating i jumped in the pool. My thought was can't get sea sick in the pool and it was like they turned on the wave machine. I don't know if it was because i was further back on the boat on the Dream but I felt like the smaller ship handled the waves better.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is a report on the Facebook page that one person has had their port fees refunded. So far only one other person in that group has had a similar experience. It is also worth noting that someone thinks that Disney's $2 million dollar donation to Sandy relief is to deflect the media on the DCL.

Disneyfalcon

There is a report on the Facebook page that one person has had their port fees refunded. So far only one other person in that group has had a similar experience. It is also worth noting that someone thinks that Disney's $2 million dollar donation to Sandy relief is to deflect the media on the DCL.

I assume that person was on the Dream since they didn't reach any ports?
2 million dollars is a pretty expensive attempt to deflect media.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I assume that person was on the Dream since they didn't reach any ports?
2 million dollars is a pretty expensive attempt to deflect media.
They did not say. Reading that group is like trying to decipher a Fox news report. They tend to leave out critical information and emphasize the info the fits their agenda. They also have been deleting comments and members that disagree with them.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
LOL!

The first person to get their port fees refunded posted about it somewhere on the other forum but I forget which thread. Been a couple days. The refund amounted to something like $12 or $18 per person in their family. It's not a large amount at all.

Edit to facilitate ones agenda??? Who woulda thunk it???? LOL! Their absurdity truly knows no bounds. Have you seem their responses when someone points out that their whining is absurd when compared to those who lost their homes, places of employment, family members, etc. on land??? I'll quote: "And you can find some child in Africa starving to death that's in worse shape than those people...so what???" They cry about insensitivity to their harrowing tale yet they do the same when they say such. Not dealing with folks whose elevator is reaching the upper decks, huh?

Disneyfalcon

LOL!

The first person to get their port fees refunded posted about it somewhere on the other forum but I forget which thread. Been a couple days. The refund amounted to something like $12 or $18 per person in their family. It's not a large amount at all.

Edit to facilitate ones agenda??? Who woulda thunk it???? LOL! Their absurdity truly knows no bounds. Have you seem their responses when someone points out that their whining is absurd when compared to those who lost their homes, places of employment, family members, etc. on land??? I'll quote: "And you can find some child in Africa starving to death that's in worse shape than those people...so what???" They cry about insensitivity to their harrowing tale yet they do the same when they say such. Not dealing with folks whose elevator is reaching the upper decks, huh?

I am stunned every time I go read some of their responses. Just stunned.

Phonedave

Disney executives have far worse things to worry about right now than a few people who knowingly cruised during Hurricane season and got mad over rough seas. Sorry I'm a New Yorker and people lost their lives and our city is with out power in the major hubs for at least a week add to that the destruction of the Jersey Shore and the fires in Queens and the tri-state area is in a mess right now. Disney has corporate offices in NYC including ABC and Marvel and you think they are going to worry about a few hundred cruise line passengers who were not physically harmed. Right now they are having to figure out how to get people back to work and restore lots of offices and such in the NY area.

edit: I don't want to diminish their anxiety from the experience but people need to put priorities on life. They made it to the final port with no one harmed and got to go home on time. There are still families stuck here in Orlando or even stuck at home where were suppose to be on flights to or from the tri-state area who are now stranded.

I am finally getting back on these boards. After loosing power at 7:30 PM Monday, I finally got it back last night at Midnight. Six days and change. I had some branches down, some water to pump off the pool, and six days of cold and dark - and I would be embarrased to call myself a survivor of Hurrican Sandy. Our house was fine, no one was injured, we had running water. There were (and still are) people here in a LOT worse of a state than we were. For these people to call themselves survivors is just jaw dropping. I Disney does ANYTHING for these people, I will be sorely diappointed.

Yes, they were scared. Yes, being out of control of a situation is taxing and distressing (I just went through 6 days of that), but they are fine and at no point were their lives in imminent danger. People need to get a grip.

-dave

Disneyfalcon

I am finally getting back on these boards. After loosing power at 7:30 PM Monday, I finally got it back last night at Midnight. Six days and change. I had some branches down, some water to pump off the pool, and six days of cold and dark - and I would be embarrased to call myself a survivor of Hurrican Sandy. Our house was fine, no one was injured, we had running water. There were (and still are) people here in a LOT worse of a state than we were. For these people to call themselves survivors is just jaw dropping. I Disney does ANYTHING for these people, I will be sorely diappointed.

Yes, they were scared. Yes, being out of control of a situation is taxing and distressing (I just went through 6 days of that), but they are fine and at no point were their lives in imminent danger. People need to get a grip.

-dave

Well said, Dave. And I'm glad you've got power back!

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Didya run room to room flipping switches on & off giggling like crazy???? You never know just how much electricity brings to daily life until you live without it.

Glad you made it thru okay, Dave. And amen to what you had to say. ;)

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
It came back on at midinght (well 11:49 PM) and I wanted to sit up and watch TV for a while, just because I could. :)

-dave

I hear ya. After Katrina when we went more than a month without power it was the well-water showers that broke me. I remember about 2 weeks in I had worked my overnight shift, come home, and was showering before bed. I stood as far away from the falling water as I could, held my hand under the icy drizzle, and started sobbing at the thought of having to wash my long hair. It was very soon after that when the hubby & father-in-law figured out how to back-feed the whole house off a heavy duty generator they were able to get hold of from a friend. Fun times! Definitely stuff you never forget.

Phonedave

I hear ya. After Katrina when we went more than a month without power it was the well-water showers that broke me. I remember about 2 weeks in I had worked my overnight shift, come home, and was showering before bed. I stood as far away from the falling water as I could, held my hand under the icy drizzle, and started sobbing at the thought of having to wash my long hair. It was very soon after that when the hubby & father-in-law figured out how to back-feed the whole house off a heavy duty generator they were able to get hold of from a friend. Fun times! Definitely stuff you never forget.

We have city water, but electric hot water and the gas heat needs electric to run as well. Plus we have an electric stove.

I can deal with no lights, no TV, no computer, etc. But the idea of having to take a cold shower, in a 50 degree house, and then not even be able to make tea or soup to warm up was not fun.

6 days was bad, I can't imagine a month.

-dave

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
We have city water, but electric hot water and the gas heat needs electric to run as well. Plus we have an electric stove.

I can deal with no lights, no TV, no computer, etc. But the idea of having to take a cold shower, in a 50 degree house, and then not even be able to make tea or soup to warm up was not fun.

6 days was bad, I can't imagine a month.

-dave
Lucky for me my hubby's family were all big into tent camping. We have always had camp stoves, lanterns, etc. Its been since our month + sans power in 2005 that we have added 2 generators, 20 5-gallon gas cans, a few more hand guns w/ammo, and a window unit a/c unit to our hurricane supplies. We were quite the sight returning after Ike. We carried back 100 gallons of gas from Florida to Texas fully prepared for the long haul. If power comes back before we need more fuel its all good. We just start dumping the gas into the cars and boat as needed. Lol!

Phonedave

Lucky for me my hubby's family were all big into tent camping. We have always had camp stoves, lanterns, etc. Its been since our month + sans power in 2005 that we have added 2 generators, 20 5-gallon gas cans, a few more hand guns w/ammo, and a window unit a/c unit to our hurricane supplies. We were quite the sight returning after Ike. We carried back 100 gallons of gas from Florida to Texas fully prepared for the long haul. If power comes back before we need more fuel its all good. We just start dumping the gas into the cars and boat as needed. Lol!

It got bad quickly. People were stealing generators in the middle of the night. My brother was sleeping in his living room because of his fireplace, and he started keeping his Glock with him. I was debating taking my shotguns out of the safe.

We are looking at ramping up our plans to swap the water heater and the stove out for gas ones. We always planned to, we were just waiting for the electric ones to run their life span out. Now we may push up the timetable.

-dave

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It got bad quickly. People were stealing generators in the middle of the night. My brother was sleeping in his living room because of his fireplace, and he started keeping his Glock with him. I was debating taking my shotguns out of the safe.

We are looking at ramping up our plans to swap the water heater and the stove out for gas ones. We always planned to, we were just waiting for the electric ones to run their life span out. Now we may push up the timetable.

-dave
If you go this route I would take a serious look at a tank-less gas water heater. They take up a lot less room and cost much less to operate. What is even better is you never run out of hot water.

flynnibus

Premium Member
If you go this route I would take a serious look at a tank-less gas water heater. They take up a lot less room and cost much less to operate. What is even better is you never run out of hot water.

..but don't run during a blackout :) They need power for their 'brains'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom