Wow, that Toy Story Playland they just opened in Paris is carnival GARBAGE!

djkidkaz

Original Poster
Its your typical carnival rides. The parachute drop is an old county fair attraction from years past and then the slinky dog spinner is a common carni ride as is the RC car on the hot wheels track, which is basically just the pirate ship carni ride. Ugh...who greenlighted this thing? Probably the same guy who greenlit Chester and Hesters. :fork:

I hope that the few rumors of this coming our way are completely off!!! Not even in the Studios in Pixar Place!!

Lee

Adventurer
Its your typical carnival rides. The parachute drop is an old county fair attraction from years past and then the slinky dog spinner is a common carni ride as is the RC car on the hot wheels track, which is basically just the pirate ship carni ride. Ugh...who greenlighted this thing? Probably the same guy who greenlit Chester and Hesters. :fork:

I hope that the few rumors of this coming our way are completely off!!! Not even in the Studios in Pixar Place!!
It's not coming to WDW, as far as I know.
Hong Kong is it's next home.

SoccerMickey

I don't see anything wrong with those rides. They're themed well to Toy Story and they're popular and everyone in the video is laughing and having a good time. I say bring them on, even if it is just a temporary fix until an e-ticket is launched. I'd definitely take those three rides over the current Backlot Tour.

wdwfan22

I think it's crap to. While they are themed to Toy Story, they are just your basic carnival rides. However there isn't a whole lot to do at the Paris Studios park so I'm sure it's a welcomed addition.

sponono88

I don't think it's garbage, it's actually quite detailed and nicely themed. However, I don't think this is what the Studios needed - TSMM would have been a much better choice. It's been reported that the rides at TSPL have horrible capacity and the fact that they're all outdoors makes me wonder what will happen when bad weather rolls along.

cmatt

I don't think it's garbage, it's actually quite detailed and nicely themed. However, I don't think this is what the Studios needed - TSMM would have been a much better choice. It's been reported that the rides at TSPL have horrible capacity and the fact that they're all outdoors makes me wonder what will happen when bad weather rolls along.

us europeans man up and just take on the weather :king:

The Empress Lilly

I saw quite a bit of it last week, but the area wasn't opened yet.

The new Toy Story Playland is garbage. Rubbish. Junk. It is ugly, crass, cheap.
It does not belong in a Disney theme park. It belongs to the second rank 'theme' parks to which Disney was always one step up.

Few things are as sad for the Disney fan as to compare DL in Paris with the Paris Studios or Paris Disney Village. The former a triumph of imagineering, perhaps second only to DisneySea in lavish theming. The latter two by contrast, two dismal, insulting, degrading, garish, carnivalesque environments that I wouldn't want to be caught death in.

All that's missing is the beer, the bikers and some gangstas - because it is to this level that the Paris Studios seems to cater. :hammer:

MiklCraw4d

The new Toy Story Playland is garbage. Rubbish. Junk. It is ugly, crass, cheap.
It does not belong in a Disney theme park. It belongs to the second rank 'theme' parks to which Disney was always one step up.

We're talking about Disney Studios Paris here - the Disney park that even Six Flags would be embarrassed to open. DSP isn't even second rank park - it's way beneath that.

coolmark18

I see three problems.

1. The rides are cheap carnival rides rethemed with very little imagination.

2. They are missing Toy Story Midway Mania, a fairly inexpensive opportunity to add a great ride.

3. The height of the parachute ride can be seen from various parts of the park - ruining the skyline and theming of other areas.

Mark

Spike-in-Berlin

I only saw pictures so far but it figures. It's exactly the kind of cheap and unimaginative additions Disney prefered to build in the last more then 10 years. Take a look at DCA and Paradise Pier. Take a look at DAK and the Dinorama. Look what another poor and boring stand-in this time for an entire land they built instead of Beastly Kingdomme in form of Camp Minnie-Mickey.
Disneyland Paris, especially the Studios would be badly in need of some unique or at least very popular attractions from other parks, e.g. Indiana Jones Adventure.

wdwmomof3

I don't see anything wrong with those rides. They're themed well to Toy Story and they're popular and everyone in the video is laughing and having a good time. I say bring them on, even if it is just a temporary fix until an e-ticket is launched. I'd definitely take those three rides over the current Backlot Tour.

Me too!:)

Sae

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought the Toy Story Playland was just terrible, I was expecting soooo much awesomeness since Toy Story was a advancement of its time, but instead they decided to just do boring rides that can be found at every other themepark in the world. Come on Disney and Imagineers, you could have come up with something more amazing and imaginative, also the area itself was a let down.

Oki maybe they were going for a blast from the past like Toy Story is or they needed something really quick, but still, we didn't spend much time there, we only ended up queuing for one ride and then we never went back.

*Sigh, was hoping for so much more, it could have been so much more. It's Disneyland! It should have been so much more!

On a good note, I did like the giant Buzz and the kinect bars around the area.

I think I just repeated what was said up there but I needed to get my 2p worth in since I goto Disneyland Paris at least once a year (wish it was WDW) and usually love what the imagineers create, but I'm just really disappointed. -__-

RonAnnArbor

Several thoughts:

It looks better than the OP implies...but it's cramped into a small space.

It wasn't designed to be an E-ticket attraction, but to offer more family rides and lessen the lines at Crushes Coaster and Tower of Terror.

The rides are fun to watch, which is a plus for parents with their kids waiting 70 minutes to ride the Parachute drop.

And finally...to the poster who mentioned Toy Story Midway Mania, you don't have your facts right. First it takes a large footprint; and second, it's one of Disneys most expensive attractions ever, not a "fast cheap" addition.

Does anyone know if there is space for TSM in the play land should they wish to add in the future and have there been any rumours of this happening anytime either?

cheezbat

Does anyone know if there is space for TSM in the play land should they wish to add in the future and have there been any rumours of this happening anytime either?

From what I heard the park had two options. One was the Toy Story Playland, the other was Toy Story Mania. Mania was more expensive, so they went the cheaper route. I wouldn't ever plan on seeing Toy Story Mania in Disney Studios Paris.

The park does need some serious E-ticket additions. Something like a version of Soarin' or an Indiana Jones ride would help this park big time.

cheezbat

Disneyland Paris already has an Indiana Jones ride.

I would go for a Toy Story Midway Mania!

The DISNEYLAND park has an Indy ride...and it's just a roller coaster. NOT a highly themed dark ride like in California or Tokyo.
And now that there's a full Toy Story land in the park, i really don't see the need for any more of Toy Story in that park.

RonAnnArbor

There is plenty of room for TSM, but it's not something that I think they are going to add because it is cost-prohibitive.

DLP has a development plan set through 2017, and you can find some of the things that have been discussed in other threads (and in other sites).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom