Wow! Monorail Orange.

Lets Respect

Why are people being so complimentary? This is how all the monorails are supposed to look every. single. day. Just goes to show how little Disney actually cares about them. Enjoy Monorail Orange as much as you can as isn't going to look like that for long.

It's like when you make a big deal about your toddler going on the potty. It's not an accomplishment but you want them to keep doing it ;)

peter11435

Yes, one out of twelve. The other eleven are still filthy. Disney magic right there. I willl save my compliments until the day all of the trains look that good inside and out and stay that way permanently through frequent maintence. Something that appears to be lacking. Orange may look good now but when is it scheduled for another spruce up? a year from now? two years? five years? It won't look that good a few months from now that's for sure.

If you actually cared enough you would be criticising too, by complaining things get done and improvements are made.
It's not the only one.

donaldtoo

I think both the Mark VI monorails at WDW and the Mark VII monorails at DLR look great the way they're painted. The WDW monorails are more modern looking, and the ones at DLR are more retro-modern. The ones at WDW have more subdued color and less of it, while the ones at DLR have much more, and brighter, color that is metallic-looking. The colors are, essentially, reversed trim-wise...perfect for each model, IMHO. :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Wow is right! Orange looks great in the pics posted. Very happy to see that the WDW D's on the cabs were included in the repaint as well. That seems to have been somewhat hit and miss over the past 7-10 years. Good stuff.

Kman101

That's why I said I'm probably in the minority :(

I'm used to being in the minority with some of my thoughts LOL but I'm there with you.

I don't know that the current scheme is "classy". I'd call Disneyland's "classy". Ours are ... nice. "Classic" maybe. I think they're slightly dated. That being even though I'd like them to all be solid colors I'm not sure how it would actually look ... lol

Kman101

Are they being complimentary or are they expressing expectant yet pleasantly surprised? Me, I am squarely in the latter camp. I have previously express that I think TDO was letting the WDW monorail system die. This runs counter to that argument. It is the result of weeks of work on the train. I doubt the effort will be limited to just once train. I don't think they would approve a project to spruce up ONE train so I suspect this will happen to all the trains. At a distance as Blue passed Peach on the Epcot Line, Blue looked much better. I was moving, they were moving, so it was hard to say for sure but the connection covers on Blue were clearly in better condition.

This.

But I forget, some expect us to deride them at every turn.

We can be happy they're doing what they're supposed to be doing and express that they're improving to where they should be, while still holding them up to their standards.

Disone

Original Poster
I am not surprised by this. They have been revamping their maintenance processes for several years now all across property while they rebuilt WDW's infrastructure. Nice work TDO.
I don't necessarily disagree. They definitely have been ramping up their efforts lately. That said I've not really seen it for the monorail until now, at least not this obvious.

Kman101

Oh bug off with that crap. I complain when it's warranted. This instance, it's not

Exactly. Sometimes some of the complaining comes off as complaining to complain. It doesn't need to be one or the other, we can acknowledge they're improving while still being critical of what needs to be done and holding them to their standards. Why shouldn't improvement be commended just because it's "not how it was/should be"? An improvement is an improvement. I don't understand the logic in not giving credit where credit is due but to each their own.

Kman101

The few times I have emailed Disney I've always got an email response and a phone call. Thought it was standard procedure, even if it is not really necessary when the email response usually answers the question well enough.

Guess it's time I start getting some e-mails in ... I'm glad to know they respond and seem to take it seriously.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom