Wow! Monorail Orange.

jt04

The busses will be around for a long time because of their on-demand versatility. So it makes sense they are expanding bus infrastructure even while planning for the future. Because it will take more on the order of decades than years, any loss of employees would be through natural attrition. Layoffs won't be necessary.
But obviously the future of transportation is automation.

IMO.

jbolen2

Once the gondolas are finished and take several buses off regular day to day routes that should help some with the roads being so overflowing with buses. It like they are at the point where they realize more expansions don't need to directly produce more buses on the roads.

Driver

Once the gondolas are finished and take several buses off regular day to day routes that should help some with the roads being so overflowing with buses. It like they are at the point where they realize more expansions don't need to directly produce more buses on the roads.
Less busses is not happening. Let me emphasize this not my speculation. This is what's in the plan. You don't have to believe me after all I only work there.

jbolen2

Less busses is not happening. Let me emphasize this not my speculation. This is what's in the plan. You don't have to believe me after all I only work there.

Is the plan to shift the drivers/buses on gondola routes to other areas that need help?

Driver

Is the plan to shift the drivers/buses on gondola routes to other areas that need help?
This is the part that no one is understanding the bus system doesn't work that way. They run out of a hub, and during the day most are on random dispatch. What's going to change is less people on the bus. Less crowding, these gondolas are not the magic solution that the people on this forum think it is. It's another way to spread the load. I don't need to tell you how crowded busses are at closing. Or how long the lines are at the train or ferry. This is another outlet not the whole resolve.

bclane

I believe you! :) Do you know if they are planning to move more towards separate roads (or lanes) for bus only use and different routes/lanes for guest only use? I know this would have been something better planned out long ago due to expense and logistics, but just wondering if they are heading in that direction or not.

jbolen2

This is the part that no one is understanding the bus system doesn't work that way. They run out of a hub, and during the day most are on random dispatch. What's going to change is less people on the bus. Less crowding, these gondolas are not the magic solution that the people on this forum think it is. It's another way to spread the load. I don't need to tell you how crowded busses are at closing. Or how long the lines are at the train or ferry. This is another outlet not the whole resolve.

I like the less people on the bus part.

Driver

I believe you! :) Do you know if they are planning to move more towards separate roads (or lanes) for bus only use and different routes/lanes for guest only use? I know this would have been something better planned out long ago due to expense and logistics, but just wondering if they are heading in that direction or not.
If I'm understanding your question, yes bus only roads are expanding. An example is the BRT lane on Buena Vista ( Bus Rapid Transit) it starts in front of Disney Springs and used to end near Bonnet Creek the recent const. goes under the new bridges toward Victory. A lot of money was spent just raising those bridges and widening the road. ( not sure who has been here recently to see it) Also they are taking big steps to remove traffic lights at some of the major intersections on Buena Vista and Osceola and replacing them with clover leafs. ( another thing you can see if you been here lately.) This has been millions spent. Why would they spend this if busses are going to be phased out or cut back. There are a lot of things happening backstage as well that I can't share.

Driver

I like the less people on the bus part.
Right even the drivers don't like it. I see people's looks when I'm trying to pack a bus. But the fact is I'm trying to get as many guest home as possible. I try my best to clear a queue. If it's packed we can all suck it up it's only for a few minutes. I try to put some levity in it and get people laughing, it brings them together to want get the last few on and do this! But really when you get home and go back to work and people ask you about your vacation, is a packed bus coming from MK one night the first thing you blurt out? I think not!

Driver

In all fairness closing is always the worse. If the place opens at 9am not everyone is going to go there at 9am. However, everyone is going to leave at basically the same time at closing, whatever that might be.
True, I am a closer but all transportation is busy at that point it's inevitable.

bclane

If I'm understanding your question, yes bus only roads are expanding. An example is the BRT lane on Buena Vista ( Bus Rapid Transit) it starts in front of Disney Springs and used to end near Bonnet Creek the recent const. goes under the new bridges toward Victory. A lot of money was spent just raising those bridges and widening the road. ( not sure who has been here recently to see it) Also they are taking big steps to remove traffic lights at some of the major intersections on Buena Vista and Osceola and replacing them with clover leafs. ( another thing you can see if you been here lately.) This has been millions spent. Why would they spend this if busses are going to be phased out or cut back. There are a lot of things happening backstage as well that I can't share.
Awesome thanks! I do like what they have done by Disney Springs and I'm happy to hear there is more to come.

Disone

Original Poster
I don't really think the roads are overwhelmed by busses. Maybe a little at MK and Springs, but Springs has largely been fixed and with its HUGE bus terminal and dedicated bus lines, I think its back to good. MK INBOUND can be overwhelmed at the light on N.Bound World Drive, and at west bound Seven Sea Lagoon. Seven Seas will be fix with the new s.Bound overpass being built. They may still want to address how the busses get to MK in crunch time. That all said, neither one of these locations will see less busses after the Gondola opens.

I agree the bus fleet will not shrink, at least not by a huge margin. It seems to be stressed right now. They cut the water parks. This was not to reduce the size of the fleet and the labor force that runs it.

Disone

Original Poster
Well to be fair, bus onlyy roads are not really expanding. They are just finishing the one they built. I believe it will end between Victory and backstage lane but its just another link in the one and only existing BRT. As for the clover leafs, the one on Osceola is not for the benefit of busses but rather a featured part of a complete redo of how vechicular traffic will get to and from DHS. Ditto for World Drive.

That doesn't change that I agree with you, the bus fleet will not be reduce. It will be better able to serve the property when the buses the Gondola system replaces can be sent to reinforce other areas of need and if we are lucky, maybe even re-introduce cut routes (here's looking at you water parks)

Driver

Well to be fair, bus onlyy roads are not really expanding. They are just finishing the one they built. I believe it will end between Victory and backstage lane but its just another link in the one and only existing BRT. As for the clover leafs, the one on Osceola is not for the benefit of busses but rather a featured part of a complete redo of how vechicular traffic will get to and from DHS. Ditto for World Drive.

That doesn't change that I agree with you, the bus fleet will not be reduce. It will be better able to serve the property when the buses the Gondola system replaces can be sent to reinforce other areas of need and if we are lucky, maybe even re-introduce cut routes (here's looking at you water parks)
Part of his question was in regards to regular vehicle traffic which is why I mentioned clover leafs and deleting traffic lights. Traffic lights become bottle necks for all traffic.

jbolen2

Right even the drivers don't like it. I see people's looks when I'm trying to pack a bus. But the fact is I'm trying to get as many guest home as possible. I try my best to clear a queue. If it's packed we can all suck it up it's only for a few minutes. I try to put some levity in it and get people laughing, it brings them together to want get the last few on and do this! But really when you get home and go back to work and people ask you about your vacation, is a packed bus coming from MK one night the first thing you blurt out? I think not!

Being a fort regular in use to full buses/boats. I always seem to notice a few people on each trip that get angry when a bus is full when it isn't the drivers fault.

Driver

Being a fort regular in use to full buses/boats. I always seem to notice a few people on each trip that get angry when a bus is full when it isn't the drivers fault.
Exactly..... a full bus is never the drivers fault but we still get abused. I've had people treat me really bad by saying remarks behind me while I'm driving and I never said anything to them except "welcome aboard" That goes with the territory I guess. But it's still hurtfull. Some folks can be very mean on the whole most are great and will thank me as they leave the bus but I always thank them right back because they are the reason I'm here.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Exactly..... a full bus is never the drivers fault but we still get abused. I've had people treat me really bad by saying remarks behind me while I'm driving and I never said anything to them except "welcome aboard" That goes with the territory I guess. But it's still hurtfull. Some folks can be very mean on the whole most are great and will thank me as they leave the bus but I always thank them right back because they are the reason I'm here.
You mean you can't wish those "special" riders to "Have a Disney day!"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom