Would you sacrafice Splash Mountain for a more western theme?

Change the theme of Splash Mountain

• Keep it as is

Votes: 277 93.9%
  • Change it to a western theme

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • Change it to something else

Votes: 7 2.4%

• Total voters

Arthur Wellesley

While we're on the subject of Frontierland and western themes, I'd like to pause for a brief moment and give thanks that Disney's 2004 animated feature, Home On The Range, was a box-office disaster.

Think about it. As trigger-happy as Disney can be in revamping attractions to be themed to popular cinematic successes, (here's looking at you, Maelstrom, The Seas, etc.), we really dodged a bullet with Home On The Range. Had the movie been a huge box-office hit up to Frozenesque standards, we might have lost this:
upload_2015-11-22_16-34-34.jpeg

In exchange for a cheap overlay of this:
upload_2015-11-22_16-35-23.jpeg

So to all you who sat this one out, and made it the theatrical mess that it was, I tip my hat to you. The dignity of the 'wildest ride in the wilderness' also thanks you.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

I wouldn't trade Splash Mountain for anything. It's one of my favorite rides and the riverboat scene makes me feel so warm and fuzzy. That room also has my 2nd favorite Hidden Mickey after the one in the tomb at the Haunted Mansion. Splash Mountain at night during Wishes is also a great experience.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I wouldn't trade Splash Mountain for anything. It's one of my favorite rides and the riverboat scene makes me feel so warm and fuzzy. That room also has my 2nd favorite Hidden Mickey after the one in the tomb at the Haunted Mansion. Splash Mountain at night during Wishes is also a great experience.
Splash at night is awesome except for one thing: there's no sun to dry you off and you go back to the hotel all wet and cold!

Monorail_Red_77

I suppose it is a bit off with theming if you are coming from Liberty Square up towards Big Thunder. But I always think of it as a blending point when coming from Adventureland and going into Frontierland. It's kinda on the corner. So that at least makes it better in my mind. Kind of a non issue I suppose. I like the ride and think while it is not westernbased. I think it is still Frontier based. I mean, who says frontierland has to all be based in the west. Didn't the frontier start in the east and move west?

To me there are bigger issues than re-theming splash. Yea, I'm lookin at you EPCOT. :facepalm:

daisyduckie

Splash is my favorite ride in all of WDW. I'm shocked someone would even consider changing it, let alone getting rid of it!!!

Lets look at it this way? How does the Magic Carpets of Aladdin fit into Adventureland along with pirates and Tom Sawyer? And how do the Tiki Birds fit into all of that? Those things all fit together worse than Splash fitting into Adventureland. Lets not get carried away with everything having to fit together soo closely that the parks lose their fun.

EngineJoe

Looks like only you wanted it changed.

Splash Mountain/Song of the South takes place in the late reconstruction era around mid 1870-1875.

That's in line with
Davy Crockett 1815-1830
Tom Sawyer/Steamboat around 1845
Big Thunder Mountain late 1800s
Sailing Ship Columbia 1787
Shooting Arcade 1850
Mike Fink Keel Boats 1770-1823
Conestoga Wagons 1717-late 1800s
Country Bear Jamboree unkown
Frontierland Railroad: 1830-1920

lazyboy97o

Looks like only you wanted it changed.

Splash Mountain/Song of the South takes place in the late reconstruction era around mid 1870-1875.

That's in line with
Davy Crockett 1815-1830
Tom Sawyer/Steamboat around 1845
Big Thunder Mountain late 1800s
Sailing Ship Columbia 1787
Shooting Arcade 1850
Mike Fink Keel Boats 1770-1823
Conestoga Wagons 1717-late 1800s
Country Bear Jamboree unkown
Frontierland Railroad: 1830-1920
It is not in line with the east to west geographic progression of Liberty Square and Frontierland.

SpaceMountain75

I can think of five things off the top of my head that should happen over a re-theme without leaving one section of the park:
1. Nuke Move It! Shake It! from orbit
2. Add large trees back to the hub
3. Replace Dream Along With Mickey
4. Have the Main Street vehicles run all day
5. Dance on the grave of Move It! Shake It! with the vigor of the Haunted Mansion graveyard ghosts

lazyboy97o

I can think of five things off the top of my head that should happen over a re-theme without leaving one section of the park:
1. Nuke Move It! Shake It! from orbit
2. Add large trees back to the hub
3. Replace Dream Along With Mickey
4. Have the Main Street vehicles run all day
5. Dance on the grave of Move It! Shake It! with the vigor of the Haunted Mansion graveyard ghosts
Understanding the anachronism of Splash Mountain does not equate to thinking it is the biggest issue within Walt Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom