Would you sacrafice Splash Mountain for a more western theme?

Change the theme of Splash Mountain

• Keep it as is

Votes: 277 93.9%
  • Change it to a western theme

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • Change it to something else

Votes: 7 2.4%

• Total voters
I can't envision this being that significant of an issue. I would think the number of people who have seen only a few Disney movies would vastly outnumber the amount of guest any single theme park Disney has had in their entire history. You'd be hard pressed to find a little girl who isn't/wasn't obsessed with Frozen.
Yeah, lol! I meant the classics like Aladdin or Peter Pan. The newer movies are in parades, but have yet to become rides.

JAG107

I don't want an Elena of Avalor log ride. And you KNOW that would happen. I like my Song of the South attraction just the way it is, even though it doesn't really blend well with Big Thunder.

Yert3

If they ever rethemed Splash, the outcry would be massive but they wouldn't care. They still follow through with dumb ideas even when NOBODY asks for them or wants them. For example, Gardians taking of ToT in Anaheim. I don't even think retheming splash could be done even if Disney wanted to do it. Think of how much money it would take to make Chickapin hill look like something else. Could they even change it without completely demolishing the whole thing? I really doubt it'll ever change.

Last edited:

rob0519

I just wanted to throw a poll out there to see what the general idea was. It is obvious that thematically the southern inspired ride like Splash Mountain is not the most appropriate fit for a land like Frontierland. Of course the ride is so popular the thematic break goes unnoticed by even the biggest of Disney fans. Yea the music was changed a little to fit a more western theme, but would a new theme be the better fit for Frontierland? For example would it be acceptable to maybe do a retheme with something along the lines of Western River Expedition? Change the scenes and ideas from years ago into something more modern, but keep the old track system?

Alter the outside of the mountain to fit the themeing of Thunder Mountain next door, and you have a pretty cool looking land. Anyhoo...was just curios...

Simply, no. Keep it as is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom