Would you like to see a new fireworks show at MK?

Chef Kronk

Original Poster
The thread title explains it all: Would you like to see a replacement to Wishes within the next few years? It's been thrown around as a rumor but there's been no evidence that Wishes will be going away (especially with the recent partnership with Pandora).

Personally, I don't want to see it go. In fact, I'd be fine if this show stayed for a much longer time at WDW. I love everything about it and it's also the only thing at WDW that gets me emotional. I know it's 12 years old, but I really don't think Disney can top this.

What do you think? Could/Should we see a replacement for Wishes in the next 3-5 years?

brb1006

WDW seriously deserves a brand new fireworks show. Especially since Wishes has been there since 2003. So I hope the new firework show that will be added someday (Possibly for the resorts 50th Anniversary) they might make something extra special for it.

orlando678-

I know it might be time to replace it, but really the show brings back so many memories for me and I just love ending the day with my family standing on the middle of Main Street U.S.A while watching Wishes! It really is an inspiring and memorable show, but if they could replace it with something that gives the same feeling, I would be fine. The thing is, everyone likes the Kiss Goodnight at Disneyland, and yes I like it, but it didnt touch me as much as Wishes for some reason.

fireworksandfairytales

In the Parks
No
I know one day it will happen, but I would be perfectly happy if they kept Wishes forever. It's my favorite thing about WDW and I think it encompasses everything magical about Disney in 12 minutes. It's beautiful and I cry every time. I think Wishes is still breathtaking and doesn't need replaced. IllumiNations on the other hand...that needs an update.

mf1972

I love wishes. like many things in WDW & MK, it brings back memories & makes me feel like a kid again. I know someday it'll probably be replaced, but I'll manage. keep tinkerbell flying over though. that's a nice touch.

Disneysea05

In the Parks
Yes
Absolutely. I enjoy wishes very much, but it's been around so long.

I also would love for WDW visitors to be able to see other characters fly from the castle. I don't think it would be possible because of the set up in Florida, but I love at Disneyland seeing Dumbo, Zero and now Nemo above Sleeping Beauty Castle.

GeoDonJac34

I am absolutely torn on this. My first trip to WDW was in 2003, so Wishes is all I know in MK. I really do love it, but if it is replaced with something really good, I will be okay with it.

cheezbat

Who cares? Fireworks are fireworks.

I'd much rather see the money spent on a new night time parade and Tomorrowland overhaul.

Wishes could stay forever for all I care.
(Illuminations is more interesting!)

Rinx

I'd love to see Wishes go. However, a new fireworks show pretty much automatically means a long Frozen segment. Both the shows in DL and DCA feature long drawn out Frozen segments and I'd hate to see that for years at MK.

officialtom

I really enjoy wishes, and I adore Illuminations. I'm not sure I'd be happy to see either of them go. Maybe they could reinvent Wishes, keeping the "spirit" of it but updating it for the anniversary?

Jon81uk

Yes, But I would rather see a new version Paint the Night (not identical to California) replacing Main St Electrical Parade first.

However I would be very upset if IllumiNations is removed. I think it needs some small updates, but the music for me is special. Wishes I don't care for as much.

JoeRohdesEarring

I'm not too precious about Wishes, though it is certainly a very well-done and successful show. Telling new stories is always good (provided it is done well), and it could give a chance to incorporate new techniques and technologies. To be honest though, of all the nighttime shows at WDW, this is the one that needs the least updating. Illuminations, MSEP and Fantasmic! are all older and would benefit the most from a refresh.

JoeRohdesEarring

I know one day it will happen, but I would be perfectly happy if they kept Wishes forever. It's my favorite thing about WDW and I think it encompasses everything magical about Disney in 12 minutes. It's beautiful and I cry every time. I think Wishes is still breathtaking and doesn't need replaced. IllumiNations on the other hand...that needs an update.

This is kind of off topic, but I am very into linguistics and I noticed you used the need + past participle construction ("doesn't need replaced") which fascinates me. Are you from Western PA - Eastern Ohio or somewhere very close by? It is a very specific regional usage. (It seems to come from Scots who settled in the area.)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I've always kind of wanted to see some sort of fireworks show where all of the lands in Magic Kingdom are represented, but with the audio and projections on the castle. It would be neat to see different Disney films themed to each of the different areas of the lands all in one big night time presentation.

Adventureland - Pirates of the Caribbean, Aladdin, The Lion King, The Jungle Book, Pocahontas
Tomorrowland - Buzz Lightyear, Stitch, Big Hero 6, Wall-E, Meet the Robinsons
Liberty Square - "America" song/section, Haunted Mansion sequence
Frontierland - Song of the South, Lone Ranger, Davy Crockett
Fantasyland - I don't even need a list here.

Mawg

There's a lot of new things or replacements I would like to see at MK and the other 3 parks. A new fireworks show might be on the list but nowhere near the top.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom