Would you complain? UPDATE!!!

daisyduckie

Original Poster
We just returned from a stay at CSR. Loved the resort, everyone was great! Except for bell services.

We flew in very late. We didn't arrive to the resort till after midnight. At check in I asked about receiving my Garden Grocer order. I had ordered food as I knew nothing was going to be open that late, and I knew we would be a bit hungry. The front desk sends me to bell services.

I go to bell services and am told I have to go to my room and call, they can't help me face to face.:confused: Ok, fine. We get to the room and I call. And get to listen to crappy canned music for a while. When someone finally answers I am told it will be 30 minutes. I say that is fine, we want our groceries. 30 minutes comes and goes. I wait a bit more and all again. It is now 1 am. I ask how much longer it will be. The CM states all of her people are busy running luggage ( I guess luggage takes priority) and unfortunately it will be at least another 30 minutes. I tell her that the reason I ordered food was because there was no place to buy food so late at the resort. She tells me again it will be at least 30 minutes, and don't you really want to wait until morning?:banghead: No, but I also don't want to be up until past 2 am so I guess morning will have to do.:grumpy: I am told to pick a time, so I say 9:30 am will work. So we made due with the granola and snacks I had packed in my carry on bag.

You can probably guess the next part. 9:30 am comes and goes, and still no food. I call down and am told it is on the way. 30 minutes later the groceries show up. So sure, they were on the way.:rolleyes: And to top it off, anything soft was smashed to bits.

I have never had such a run around with bell services. I have ordered groceries many times, and it is usually you call and it comes. 3 phone calls to get food and to have some of it end up smushed is a bit ridiculous. I know you are supposed to complain at the time, but I was done with bell services and probably couldn't have complained nicely.

I don't expect to get anything, I honestly just want someone at Coronado Springs to know that while the rest of the resort is great, their bell services is sorely lacking. Would you bother sending an e-mail? And if so, who should I send it to?

DisneyJoe

I would have asked for and spoken to the manager of bell services before I ended my vacation, I had a split stay luggage transfer situation a few years ago, and even though I had to wait at the desk for 20 minutes for the bell services manager, they more than made it worth my while for waiting.

Now that you are home, all you can do is email wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com - they usually follow up with a phone call within a few weeks.

epcotisbest

I go to bell services and am told I have to go to my room and call, they can't help me face to face.

I guess I am a simple country boy, and we always drive and usually handle our own luggage and groceries, but this just seems like a weird way of doing things. I mean, you are right there, your package is there in storage and it would have taken a lot less time and frustration to just go get it for you. Sometimes simple, common sense and customer service courtesy gets tossed aside for policy or procedure. I do think I would have addressed it while there, at least voicing your concern. It is not like you were making an unusual request or that it was during the middle of a busy day. Maybe they were understaffed because it was after midnight, but that does not seem like an acceptable excuse.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You probably should have spoken to someone while you were there, we had a luggage ordeal at the Caribbean and I knew even though it was just one hiccup that it would gnaw at me for the rest of the trip if I didn't say anything. I didn't want anything, I just wanted them to be aware that service could have been better. Anyway, not to go into my story the manager was empathetic and we got fast passes and a comped taxi to our missed because we were waiting for our luggage for no sweaty clothes(but still honored) ADR at the Yachtsman.

Anyway, with that being said if it still bothers you email your concerns. It might make you feel better to that at least you did speak up about your displeasure. I recently emailed them about a horrendous bus experience from the Beach Club and I got a phone call a few days later. This situation had been well documented by Disney as well and the cast member was very apologetic. Again I didn't want anything, I just wanted to express my displeasure and hope that they may train bus drivers better for the experience we had. We were offered extra fast passes for our next trip, which is nice but it wasn't expected or asked for by me. It was nice to be called back though and I felt like they cared about my experience.

Captain Barbossa

We just returned from a stay at CSR. Loved the resort, everyone was great! Except for bell services.

We flew in very late. We didn't arrive to the resort till after midnight. At check in I asked about receiving my Garden Grocer order. I had ordered food as I knew nothing was going to be open that late, and I knew we would be a bit hungry. The front desk sends me to bell services.

I go to bell services and am told I have to go to my room and call, they can't help me face to face.:confused: Ok, fine. We get to the room and I call. And get to listen to crappy canned music for a while. When someone finally answers I am told it will be 30 minutes. I say that is fine, we want our groceries. 30 minutes comes and goes. I wait a bit more and all again. It is now 1 am. I ask how much longer it will be. The CM states all of her people are busy running luggage ( I guess luggage takes priority) and unfortunately it will be at least another 30 minutes. I tell her that the reason I ordered food was because there was no place to buy food so late at the resort. She tells me again it will be at least 30 minutes, and don't you really want to wait until morning?:banghead: No, but I also don't want to be up until past 2 am so I guess morning will have to do.:grumpy: I am told to pick a time, so I say 9:30 am will work. So we made due with the granola and snacks I had packed in my carry on bag.

You can probably guess the next part. 9:30 am comes and goes, and still no food. I call down and am told it is on the way. 30 minutes later the groceries show up. So sure, they were on the way.:rolleyes: And to top it off, anything soft was smashed to bits.

I have never had such a run around with bell services. I have ordered groceries many times, and it is usually you call and it comes. 3 phone calls to get food and to have some of it end up smushed is a bit ridiculous. I know you are supposed to complain at the time, but I was done with bell services and probably couldn't have complained nicely.

I don't expect to get anything, I honestly just want someone at Coronado Springs to know that while the rest of the resort is great, their bell services is sorely lacking. Would you bother sending an e-mail? And if so, who should I send it to?
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. Sounds like they need to get their act together!!

Tony the Tigger

I e-mailed and so far have gotten their canned Your e-mail is very important, yadda yadda yadda reply. We will see if I ever get a real e-mail or not.

I have to say I was predisposed to be against you before reading because so many people complain about nothing, but not bringing your food for which you carefully planned ahead and had no other options - I would have been upset.

NutsForFlorida

I find this odd. When I stayed at Port Orleans last February, I went right to Bell Services and asked about my groceries right after I checked in. Sure enough, they had them and loaded my party and our groceries onto a golf cart (well, it was bigger than that with a back end on it for hauling items) and brought us and all our groceries right to our rooms.

S 2

I have to say I was predisposed to be against you before reading because so many people complain about nothing, but not bringing your food for which you carefully planned ahead and had no other options - I would have been upset.

ME TOO! Im the guy who eats his steak well done even though I ordered it medium-rare just to not waste the food and so i can eat with whoever i am dining with. I admit: The name of this post made me roll my eyes and I also made the mistake of assuming this would be about something petty. I actually think I would have complained as well, I would be significantly bummed to start a Disney trip with disappointment! I would be very much looking forward to the meal to the point where I wouldn't stop talking about it the hour before arrival! The first and last meal on a Disney vacation may be what I put the most thought into! You also should consider that a company like Disney would want to know about this so they can make sure it doesn't happen again. I hope the rest of the trip made up for it!

daisyduckie

Original Poster
I find this odd. When I stayed at Port Orleans last February, I went right to Bell Services and asked about my groceries right after I checked in. Sure enough, they had them and loaded my party and our groceries onto a golf cart (well, it was bigger than that with a back end on it for hauling items) and brought us and all our groceries right to our rooms.

I agree! My last experience was at POP and they put my groceries in my room for me when I was at the park. And previously at POR or ASMu all I had to do was call and my groceries were brought up straight away. Which is why this seemed so odd, so not Disney-like.

daisyduckie

Original Poster
So after playing a bit of phone tag I finally got to chat with someone at Guest Relations. She had me explain again what happened and was very apologetic. And she said she would look into the matter more and see if it was a staffing issue or a training issue. But she assured me they are never to try and put a guest off until the next day, and they are to always deliver whatever they are holding for us to our room in a timely manner.

She also asked me what my interaction with the CM was like and what bothered me most. I told her the fact that the CM pretty much pushed me into accepting a delivery the following day instead of the day I wanted it, and the fact that the same CM told me they couldn't deliver my food because they were busy running luggage. According to the woman from Guest Services neither thing should have happened. One delivery is not more important than the other, and that food is usually a priority because they have so many guests with food allergies.

So at least now I feel that my concerns were heard, and were valid. Hopefully they do look into whatever was the problem, training or staffing, and take steps to fix it. As I told the person who called, I love CSR but their Bell Services, not so much.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm glad that they got back to you. I know for me it was nice just to have my concerns validated by someone, whether or not Disney really cared I don't know but getting the call and talking to the cast member on the phone made it seem like they cared. And it made me feel better.

Glasgow

Definitely glad you sent in a "complaint". Sometimes mgmt does not know what is going on so documented instances of poor performance can go a long way towards improvement. It comes down to managing people and there is ALWAYS room for improvement. There is certainly a difference between "complaining" and constructive criticism. Kudos to you.

JohnByers

Agreed, WDW has been more than generous when I have had an issue. We lengthened our stay this past June for four days and went budget minded at AS Movies before we moved over for our original 5 days at WL. When we got to our room there where hair balls literally everywhere. Like the kind of clumps that would look like if you cleaned out your wife's hair brush but at least 6 or 7 of those clumps. Pulled the bedspread back and there where no sheets on the bed. But the bathroom was spotless. It was odd.

I called the front desk and they sent a CM to inspect, ended up moving us to a preferred room and sending us a gift basket. When I got home I got an email from Guest Relations (or did my wife contact them first, I don't remember) and they gave us two free nights at a moderate resort that I am using during the Wine & Dine marathon weekend at POFQ.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom