Would Disney ever put a ride at a resort?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I can see why WDW would not want to build rides at their resort hotels... but you have to admit, it works in Las Vegas...
stratosphere_2.jpg

The Empress Lilly

I wouldn't completely discount this idea as the Star Wars Hotel that is a survey idea out there could have an attraction that was connected.
Modern theme park entertainment has been wanting to move away from the ´pay at a gate, ride a ride´ model. Interactive experiences from the mid-90s, personalised ones now. I can definitely see how your decisions (and spending) at the Star Wars resort will influence your experience within Star Wars Land.

I don't expect a Space Mountain at a resort. But depending on definition, I do expect the resorts to become more intimately ties, integrated, to the parks. In practise, the result is always entirely underwhelming (Mickey knew my name!). But the theoretical possibilities are exciting, the whole of WDW could yet develop (again) into a unified entertaining experience, rather than busing around from one fun place to the next to a hotel to a mall.

The Empress Lilly

I would swear I have seen art with an actual wood roller coaster at the Boardwalk. Eisner seemed to be obsessed with building a wood coaster in the 90s.
I too seem to have memories of concept art with a more fully developed boardwalk. A ferris wheel, coaster. Maybe I am mixing up all sorts of general Boardwalk imagery with the Boardwalk Inn. Or maybe Disney successfully manages to evoke, to make you mentally connect coasters and classic Boardwalk imagery with their hotel, which is rather awesome then. There are coaster posters, models and pool slide at the Boardwalk.

Roller-Coaster-Model-Disneys-BoardWalk-Inn-from-yourfirstvisit.net_.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom