• All Star Movies Resort

• All Star Music Resort

• All Star Sports Resort

• Pop Century Resort

• Art Of Animation Resort

Results are only viewable after voting.

Clover Bailey

Original Poster
For the next few days, I will be posting a daily poll involving the WDW resorts. Tomorrow will be the Best Value Resort, but today is the worst.

My pick was All Star Music Resort. I don't dislike any of the value resorts, I like all of them, but the All Stars are slightly lower, and All Star Music was just the one that I cared the least about. I've stayed at the other 2 All Stars more and have a better connection with them.

But go ahead and vote and tell me which one you voted for.

crxbrett

Voted for AS Sports. I have never visited any of the value resorts. But have driven by them countless times and they just seem to be severely lacking in ambiance and lack any cohesiveness or quality theming. I know they are value resorts, but they just seem overtly garish and cheap to me. I picked sports because while looking at the dining areas and the pool areas at all of them, the Sports looks the most tacky and cheap.

crxbrett

Who voted for Art Of Animation? Quite surprising to me.

That does seem odd? That's the least offensive resort in the category by far lol BTW, there is an option while you are setting up a poll so it displays all votes publicly. Not sure if you can switch that setting once the poll has gone up, though.

Mickey5150

I voted for AoA because as a resort, it's geat but as a value resort it's horrible. The only value rooms are a mile from the bus stop, feature pool and food court. All other rooms cost more then some moderate rooms. I still wish they added more regular rooms to AoA, I'd probably stay there then.

Last edited:

DisneyPrincess5

I don't feel I should vote since I've only stayed at Music (a few months after it opened! So fun as a kid) but if I had to pick one to never stay at, I think I'd pick Pop. There's just something about the photos I've seen and driving through it once that really turns me off. I don't feel connected to the theming at all.

Minthorne

Sports - though I have fond memories from the 90's going in my 20's and coming home on the bust around 2:30-3:00am from Pleasure Island....

Ali Mouse

All Star Sports is my least favorite... Not big into sports and it looks dated.
My favorite would be Pop Century! I have even stayed at 2 of the moderates several times because we were a party of 5. Now that my oldest is off to college we get to go back to my favorite... Pop Century...Love the over whelming disney themeing. I feel like a kid there! Great food court, descent rooms, prefered rooms are close to everything, and for some reason I never had issues with the busses there! Looking forward to going back to Pop Century next summer!

Last edited:

belledream

I'd say Sports, and it has nothing to do with the theme (hey, we like sports!) It just has the most potential to be crowded with groups/ Though @Mickey5150 has a point about AoA being the actual worst 'value'. You could definitely find more upscale accommodations or cost-effective alternatives with the right promotions. (Which AoA sadly is not a big player.)

Smiley/OCD

I voted for AoA because as a resort, it's geat but as a value resort it's horrible. The only value rooms are a mile from the bus stop, feature pool and food court. All other rooms cost more then some moderate rooms. I still wish they added more regular rooms to AoA, I'd probably stay there then.
That's because AOA was designed as a family suite resort because guests were looking for more "value" suites than was available on property...they added the single rooms as an afterthought. The reason why they are so far away makes perfect sense...since the resort IS a suite based resort, it makes perfect sense to keep them closer to the front. AOA is our new "go-to" resort, since we outgrew IOHO, the best single room resort, Pop Century. AOA is the BEST themed resort on property, a resort where you can be immersed in Disney 24/7.

Dave B

I voted AOA because I just don't see it as a Value resort, it should not be in the same category as the All Stars or POP, it should be a moderate because of cost, also the pool while it is themed pretty cool, NO WATERSLIDE, really? Very disappointing, they could have made this one of the best resorts, but I feel really dropped the ball

Smiley/OCD

I voted AOA because I just don't see it as a Value resort, it should not be in the same category as the All Stars or POP, it should be a moderate because of cost, also the pool while it is themed pretty cool, NO WATERSLIDE, really? Very disappointing, they could have made this one of the best resorts, but I feel really dropped the ball
That's fine, OK, there's no water slide...we don't spend a whole lot of time in ANY resort...we use our room to sleep & shower. When the kids were small, we used the pool (we used to stay at POP), but now that they're teenagers, we would rather spend our time in the parks. We're usually in the parks morning 'til close, so we really don't have a whole lot of opportunities to use the pools. I still feel that AOA is the BEST themed resort on property.

Dave B

That's fine, OK, there's no water slide...we don't spend a whole lot of time in ANY resort...we use our room to sleep & shower. When the kids were small, we used the pool (we used to stay at POP), but now that they're teenagers, we would rather spend our time in the parks. We're usually in the parks morning 'til close, so we really don't have a whole lot of opportunities to use the pools. I still feel that AOA is the BEST themed resort on property.
You kind of made my point, if your not going to be taking advantage of the resort and the amenities, then it is way overpriced just to use as a shower and place to lay your head, which does not put it in a value resort category

Smiley/OCD

You kind of made my point, if your not going to be taking advantage of the resort and the amenities, then it is way overpriced just to use as a shower and place to lay your head, which does not put it in a value resort category
If the 4 of us could comfortably stay at POP, we would consider it, but with 2 DD's over 5'7 sharing a bed....nah, not gonna happen. The amenities we love is the theming...being immersed in all things Disney 24/7. Some guests want to spend HUNDREDS per night to be pampered at the deluxe resorts...I think it's just a waste of $$$, but that's my opinion. For the amount of time we spend at any resort we've stayed in, ASM, POP, CBR and now AOA, I just can't justify the $$$. Now maybe if we hit the Mega-million or Powerball this weekend, that might all change! LOL

Smiley/OCD

But the cost of AOA is so close to a deluxe and most times(if not all the time) higher than a Moderate
I checked the prices...we are going 10/29-11/10 we are staying at AOA...the prices are as follows:
(these are the Sun-Thurs prices)
POP: 132/ night
CBR: 290/ night (pirate themed room)
AOA: 358/night (suite)
GF: 706/night

I will grant you that AOA (value) IS higher than CBR (moderate), but it's NO WHERE NEAR GF (deluxe)...so I guess the bottom line is we will agree to disagree...more expensive value resort? YES...worst value resort? If you are just basing it on money then YES, you are correct.
As far as theming goes, CBR doesn't hold a candle to AOA, but I guess it depends on what makes you happy.

MickeyMomV

My vote was for Music. We have never been to AoA or POP so I didn't feel right voting for them. As a family we love movies so that is our favorite AS. My DS is a huge sports nut so we also enjoy that one as well. So even though we enjoy all of the resorts I guess we enjoy AS Music slightly less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom