Worst smoking area

neoshinok

Original Poster
What is the worst location for a designated smoking area in the parks?

My pick, MK: Heading from the Liberty Belle toward Splash Mountain, on the lowered wooden walkway. I can see why they put one here, it's off the main path, but I really like walking this route.

Honorable mention, also MK; Adventure Land: The one that competes with the scent of Dole Whip in the air.

cameronmouse

im not bashing smoking but i am not a smoker and have never touched one in my life, but I dont get why they dont stop all smoking in the parks period. I've been to a couple smaller parks and its banned all together i find it weird that Disney hasnt done this especially since theyre huge on the idea of not seeing this and that done, why not stop this from being in the parks all together

Tinkerbella16

im not bashing smoking but i am not a smoker and have never touched one in my life, but I dont get why they dont stop all smoking in the parks period. I've been to a couple smaller parks and its banned all together i find it weird that Disney hasnt done this especially since theyre huge on the idea of not seeing this and that done, why not stop this from being in the parks all together

It's never going to happen. Even with the designated areas, I still see people smoking outside of them :mad: .. and if they ever banned it altogether it would just make matters worse and people will still do it where ever and whenever they please, so we should be happy that there are sections for smokers. There are a few that are close to main walkways, but for the most part they are pretty much away from everything so that is good enough!

NiarrNDisney

I am a smoker and even I think some of the placements for the smoking areas are misplaced! I personally don't think smoking sections should be anywhere in a major walkway or anywhere where children can see people smoking (Strange I know but its a pet peeve of mine to smoke infront of children).

MK - Fantasylands near the wishing well its right in the middle of a walkway, I also agree about the one in Frontierland thats not near BTMRR but the one you mentioned it should be moved behind Ye ole Chrismas shop there isnt much foot traffic back there.

Epcot - Italys is near the large water fountain where groups are wanting photos with the statue why have it right there?

DHS - The one near the entrance to the Backlot tour is also on a major walkway

DAK - The one they removed from Africa behind Dawa Bar was one of the best people were not going that way considering there isnt anything back there of interest, also the one in Camp Minnie Mickey is right at the entrance to the land and its a kiddie area hello not the best place for it.

kucarachi

Something like 25% of the population smokes so you militant non-smokers are out of luck, there will be smoking areas in WDW. For the what would Walt do folks, Walt was a chain smoker and he made sure there was enough people with dust pans running around DL to pick the butts off the ground. I guess I'm getting old because not to long ago you could smoke every where and I'm sure you would have had a stroke getting on an airplane with people smoking....

In the end get over it.

Its not the smoke that bothers me, because quite frankly that smells better than some people do naturally...its the butt flinging, the ashes on your clothes walking past these idiots on windy days...Them leaving a burning cigarette lying on the ground where little kids walk and probably pick up and get burnt on. So its not just about being smelly and annoying.

Mr_Incredible

As someone who quit a year ago. Doesn't it suck you are so controlled that you have to light up on a vacation that costs you thousands? That's one of the reasons I quit. I imagined execs sitting in an office with millions of dollars on their desk, swimming in money laughing at my addiction and lack of control as I gave them my hard earned money to slowly kill myself.

In 2010 I was stopping at mosts smoking destinations through the park to smoke as my son (2 1/2 at the time) sat so patiently waiting to keep enjoying the most magical place ever as I puffed my lungs out. I can't wait to go next week and keep walking (in better shape and easier to breathe) to the next attraction for my son without a small paper wrapped chemical pulling on my sleeve to smoke it. Hell yeah!!!!

Scuttle

Because a lot of visitors to WDW are from Europe and they smoke a whole hell of a lot over there.

AEfx

As someone who quit a year ago. Doesn't it suck you are so controlled that you have to light up on a vacation that costs you thousands? That's one of the reasons I quit. I imagined execs sitting in an office with millions of dollars on their desk, swimming in money laughing at my addiction and lack of control as I gave them my hard earned money to slowly kill myself.

In 2010 I was stopping at mosts smoking destinations through the park to smoke as my son (2 1/2 at the time) sat so patiently waiting to keep enjoying the most magical place ever as I puffed my lungs out. I can't wait to go next week and keep walking (in better shape and easier to breathe) to the next attraction for my son without a small paper wrapped chemical pulling on my sleeve to smoke it. Hell yeah!!!!

Just be careful that horse you have climbed so high up on doesn't throw you back to the ground some day when you have some unforseen stress or other trigger and you end up at the store buying a pack "to get you through".

Seriously, it's great and all you quit - but as you apparently smoked for a long time, the Oprah-style "I HAVE THE ANSWER!" attitude is really unnecessary.

Jimmy Thick

Something like 25% of the population smokes so you militant non-smokers are out of luck, there will be smoking areas in WDW. For the what would Walt do folks, Walt was a chain smoker and he made sure there was enough people with dust pans running around DL to pick the butts off the ground. I guess I'm getting old because not to long ago you could smoke every where and I'm sure you would have had a stroke getting on an airplane with people smoking....

In the end get over it.

Didn't Walt die from lung cancer? Me thinks he did...

Jimmy Thick- Coincidence?

Mr_Incredible

Just be careful that horse you have climbed so high up on doesn't throw you back to the ground some day when you have some unforseen stress or other trigger and you end up at the store buying a pack "to get you through".

Seriously, it's great and all you quit - but as you apparently smoked for a long time, the Oprah-style "I HAVE THE ANSWER!" attitude is really unnecessary.

That did come off preachy. I apologize if I offended anyone. It's a tough road to quit.

anna&eric

I am not a smoker, so my feelings on the issue do not come from personal addiction. HOWEVER... when you start talking complete blanket bans on a LEGAL activity I think you start a dangerous precedent. Personally, I do not like cigarettes and I do think they may cause great health risks. Yet again, there are many people who smoke for years and yet never develop cancer and others who have remained nicotine-free their entire lives who succumb. Keep in mind when you give the government the authority to ban legal activities, and face it the issue is not limited to WDW, it is not likely to stop at your particular "that's disgusting" point. Sugary soft drinks raise the risk of diabetes. Ban those? Or can I simply say I don't want to be subjected to watching someone "abuse" their children by buying them cokes.... or ice cream, or the rat-hair ridden hot dog? I don't smoke, and have asthma. I have been sent into countless attacks, some requiring trips to the emergency room, yet NEVER because of a smoker. EVERY time it is from some well-dressed person, male and female alike, who can't seem to realize there is a moment when you should put the perfume/aftershave bottle DOWN. Unless someone is deliberately blowing smoke in your face or stubbing their butt in your food, how about a little slack?

MissAlmyra

I live with someone who has very bad triggered asthma from cigarette smoke. At the parks we appreciate people who use the designated areas not just because of the smell, but out of health concerns for others. It prevents her from needing to constantly worry about reaching for her inhaler if someone exhales smoke by her and causes an attack. Kudos to the polite smokers!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom