deleted

wdwfan4ver

This is a hard one for me, but its Pixar Pier. I never to California in my life, but what is happening with DCA is terrible on multiple levels with Paradise Pier being turned into Pixar Pier.

My problem is Disney spent lots money of doing something with Paradise pier and now is going to retheme the rides in the cheapest way possible. Paradise Pier was originally fixed because DCA had theme problems and it looked cheap to the locals when DCA first opened. All I have to say after what is going on with Paradise Pier, I would be very concerned with other parts of DCA that was fixed if I live close to Disneyland/DCA.

I feel the New Mickey Ride is the runner up. The Mickey was a bad announcement in multiple ways including leaving DHS with only 4 rides from August 14, 2017 to Summer of 2018 and having the New Mickey Ride using the terrible new designed shorts. There also is Star wars Launch Bay being the perfect spot for the ride. The truth is DHS has animation courtyard and Mickey would've been a great fit there.

Last edited:

AndyS2992

So many Great Movie Ride fans, I'm kinda surprised. Not an awful attraction by any means but I didn't think it was all that.. great.

DAR1974

So many Great Movie Ride fans, I'm kinda surprised. Not an awful attraction by any means but I didn't think it was all that.. great.
Really where that attraction shined(for me) was the Wizard of Oz sequence and the film montage at the end. Some of the references just didn't have meaning to audiences anymore. And the whole cast members interaction was fine the first time but after that, eh

KraftServices

New Mickey Mouse ride replacing Great Movie Ride, for sure. GMR wasn't the greatest attraction, but I liked it. The gangster movie scene is about the creepiest spot in all the parks for me (I don't know why exactly). And the description for the new ride sounds... dumb. Just not really exciting or interesting. It sounds like it would work a lot better as a dark ride somewhere else. And like others have said, I don't know why they think it's a good idea to almost immediately close GMR when so much else in the park is under construction. There's already barely anything to do there as it is!

Second is the Minnie Van thing. I actually barely read the announcement, I was just like "decorated transport at the World... Blah" and skipped on.

Also GoTG coming to Epcot. People have been whispering about it for a while so it's not a surprise. And yes Universe of Energy was really dated, but it just feels like another nail in the coffin of Epcot the park's original "edutainment" concept. Hopefully it won't be terrible. I'm happy it's not replacing Tower of Terror, at least.

Really happy about Ratatouille! That's my favorite Pixar movie and fits better than Frozen fits Norway. And honestly I'm happy with any new ride in World Showcase, especially one that's not immediately next to the existing rides.

Cosmic Commando

Pixar Pier, definitely. Mickey's Fun Wheel and Silly Symphony Swings will be big tasks to retheme as well as they're done now. Mickey's Fun Wheel IMO had become a secondary icon to the park behind/along with Grizzly Peak. You could see the Fun Wheel and immediately think of DCA 2.0. It's literally and figuratively a huge part of the park. It was a surprise, too. I had given up on Epcot a long time ago.

Mickey5150

All the hate for the Mouse to finally get a ride. I wish gmr was going down tomorrow so they could get to work. The announcement that I felt was the worst was anything for California. The reason being is they didn't really say was would happen. Spiderman is coming pixar pier is coming but they didn't give details. Now everyone thinks that pixar pier is you going to be a steamy hot pile of .... settle down a bit, breathe, and wait for Disney to announce their plans before destroying them.

Stefan8

For me, the worst wasn't a specific announcement, but rather an overall confirmation Disney Parks are headed straight down a path of all IP all the time and original concepts in the Parks at least are dead.

It also concerns me they were silent on attractions like Figment which means these are just lame duck attractions that will be dead sooner or later.
I agree with this. Orlando and Anaheim are getting a lot of really amazing attractions and I am excited for them, but I don't like that everything has to be based on an existing Disney property. And it's fine to have these attractions, but there will be nothing left to balance things out. I really wonder when we'll get a new ride that is completely original. If ever.

But if I'd have to pick I'd go with the Pixar Pier announcement. It sort of come out of nowhere and left everyone a bit bewildered.

Jamie77

It's kind of hard to get excited about the Minnie Van announcement.

I would get excited if I learned that this service would pick up people arriving by train to the WDW hotels. I think they are doing a major disservice to people who are afraid to fly but also don't want to/can't drive. I don't need Uber to get around the parks. I need it to get to my hotel on arrival day when I'm not flying in. As much as Disney loves money, I can't believe they won't do this.

wdwfan4ver

All the hate for the Mouse to finally get a ride. I wish gmr was going down tomorrow so they could get to work.
The hate is deserved though. The problem is DHS only has 5 ride running right now and when GMR closes, its down to 4 rides. That is a big problem for DHS right now and is going to be a big loss of park Capacity. DHS actually can't handle a big loss of park capacity right now. This is something that should've waited till Toy Story Land opens from a capacity standpoint.

The best way to put it is Disney gets packed the Holidays. Only having 4 ride open till summer of 2018 is a problem for easter break, and Memorial Day weekend.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Since this is a completely subjective thread,here goes:

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway.

Not because I'm opposed to the idea of that type of a ride...but because the location is suspect. Disney's "theatre" announcement has me excited about some interesting possibilities and if they are going to open up that space, I think a Mickey and Minnie ride would be better served there....in that area of the MK.

I've got a suspicion that the MMRR is kind of a "place holder" until SW and Pixar take over that park. That's why I'm not so thrilled about it.

Lisa t

I am sure that this will be unpopular, but the gondola transportation. I am sure they will make Pop Century more expensive, like all the monorail resorts, and it's the only value I will stay at. They need more value rooms.

DisneyManOne

The closings of GMR and UoE just so they can shamelessly promote Mickey and GotG. I've shared this before, and I'll share it again, but here's my take on why they're doing this in the first place:

correcaminos

GOTG for me. Unless they manage to make it fit the idea of Future World better, I just don't see how it fits. Given they did what they did with Frozen I am not too positive on it though.

I'm happy about TGMR honestly. It was so sad to see the last time we went on it. We rode it knowing the rumors - same with Universe of Energy.

The Star Wars resort just leaves me meh. I'd like the option to not have it completely immersive. Otherwise it will be the first Disney resort I likely will never stay at.

Worldlover71

I'm not crazy about UoE and GMR going away (I think both could have been upgraded in great ways) but I think the worst announcement is that they will both be closing so soon. There is no time for the fans to make a trip to say goodbye.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
GOTG hands down. The powers that be had to get Marvel into WDW one way or another. Congrats to all Marvel fanboys and those who value thrills over substance.

Karakasa

Minnie Van service. It's almost objectively bad.

Shuttering GMR and Ellen is pretty unfortunate too, but if their replacements are better, it'll be more bittersweet.

Surfin' Tuna

I have to say the closing of GMR took the cake for me. It was a combination of the, "hey we're closing this original ride in a few weeks," and the, "and we are going to replace it with some creepy Mickey that most people haven't seen or don't like." Maybe they didn't say the second part, but I think it is what we all heard. It would be great and they could make a timeless attraction if they used the "real Mickey" we all know and love. The GMR was dated, but it was something in the theme of the original idea of the park.

The Pixar Pier thing is just...just plain sad.

Third place, is GotG replacing UoE. Sure it was rumored, but the truth is just tough to swallow. I only hop on Ellen's ride a couple times a year, but I love the original Epcot feel of it. We don't need just another park with a hodgepodge of stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom