World Showcase': Revision

Miru

Original Poster
One area that obviously needs an overhaul is World Showcase in Epcot. Only two rides, lots of unused space, and entire planned lands that were scrapped. Here's the gist of what I'd do.

* One ride per pavillion. No less, no more. There could still be shows and walkthroughs and whatnot as well.

The American Adventure:

* New thrill ride, The Flight of Goliath. A suspended roller-coaster based on the hit television series Gargoyles. The ride's exterior is themed to Xanatos's high-Rise, with a statue of Goliath out front. Riders ride on Goliath-shaped cars as they swoop through the sky. The ride opens with a vertical lift up the side of the skyscraper, before suddenly launching after they reach flat ground. Racing through the sky, riders blaze past buildings and familiar sights to fans, including cameos from many of the show's characters in audio-animatronic form. One may even see The American Adventure below. Notably, riders are taken for an ascending upward loop near the climax before a corkscrew takes them back to the ground in the ride's photo-op shot. Meet and greet nearby.

* A shop themed to it is of course at the exit.

* The American Adventure show itself may be removed.

France

* Remy's Hot Bistro Drop. Basically, a gentler version of Mission: Breakout's "Drop tower with video" formula. Riders ride an elevator though Remy's Bistro, bouncing past several scenes in the kitchen and other areas. The ride ends with a gravity-powered drop back down.

* The Remy's Bistro could be made into an actual restaurant. Maybe even Gusteau's? At the very least, let's call the new gift shop "Emile's findings".

England

* Mr. Toad's Really Wild Ride: We're Back. A revival of the classic from the dawn of the Magic Kingdom, this ride is a family-aimed variant of the likes of Temple of the Forbidden Eye. Engage on a semi-randomized trek across London to nowhere in particular at all, bouncing and jumping about. Audio-Animatronic figures play heavily into the visuals alongside animated figures and video clips. There are two tracks. The ending of the attraction is determined by which one you take. One ending plays out like the film, while the other ends in Hell as usual, complete with a Headless Horseman cameo.

* The gift shop is called "Toad Hall Treasures". Maybe port over the Toad Hall restaurant as well?

China

* I'd probably have a Mulan ride down there. While we're at it, we could have a take that to John K. calling her "awkward and completely unstructured" and "flat, bland, and crooked" even after he was competition to Disney.

Norway

* Turn the Frozen stuff into a nano-land within the pavilion. I might bring Maelstrom back elsewhere.
* The moment we get the rights, I think Thor could be added.

Japan

* Kingdom Hearts; The Experience. Riders on this Space Ranger Spin clone are turned into Keybearers as they blast myriad enemies from the series. Heartless, Nobodies, Unversed, and Nightmares abound. Riders will use melee Attacks somehow, by swiping the key blades that they hold, and striking enemies as they approach. Press the trigger to fire spells like Firaga and Blizzaga, determined using a button on the back.

* The gift shop is named "Faded Memories." It sells lots of goth stuff in addition to KH merchandise. Of course Sora is a meet and greet again, only a face character now. Other favorites from the franchise may also show up. And please serve the sea-salt popsicles somewhere.

Germany:

Not sure, maybe bring back Snow White's Scary Adventures? A darkly humorous Struwwelpeter ride?

Morroco:

Not sure.

Mexico:

* I might add a walk through exhibit based on El Rio Del Tiempo (which wasn't as much of a loss as Maelstrom)

New land: Spain. Spain would be appropriately themed, and Eleanor of Avalon would be featured with an attraction.

Any feedback? And next I'll try to add stuff to Animal Kingdom.

Last edited:

The90skid

The only one I can't get behind is the Gargoyle's ride. Although I personally never saw the series, from what I do know, the art style would really clash with the current feel of the World Showcase imo. Otherwise, I like it! You should take the Gargoyle's ride on its own thread and create a full ride-through!

AceAstro

I think a Gargoyle's ride would be awesome! Just not in the World Showcase. It would be a good attraction for a villain park or another Fantasyland expansion or what Beastly Kingdom would look like if it were to be done now sort of thing. Otherwise, you have some really great ideas! LOVE the idea of bringing back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!

The90skid

I think a Gargoyle's ride would be awesome! Just not in the World Showcase. It would be a good attraction for a villain park or another Fantasyland expansion or what Beastly Kingdom would look like if it were to be done now sort of thing. Otherwise, you have some really great ideas! LOVE the idea of bringing back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride!
Perfect fit in a villains park. It has that Bald Mountain vibe

Miru

Original Poster
The only one I can't get behind is the Gargoyle's ride. Although I personally never saw the series, from what I do know, the art style would really clash with the current feel of the World Showcase imo. Otherwise, I like it! You should take the Gargoyle's ride on its own thread and create a full ride-through!
Sure!

And another new land idea I'd like to see be brought back is Russia. It could easily have a decent original attraction, and could even be a bridge between other pavilions. Maybe Venezuela, Equatorial Africa (or just one nation from there), and... New Zealand? Just to see every continent represented. And for New Zealand, of course the ride is gonna be Lew Zealand's Boomerang Fish!

Edit: Now that Disney is in progress of buying Anastasia, she’d work very well in Russia.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom