World of Disney NYC

GoofyFan1

Original Poster
I leave for NYC in two days for a teachers' conference and would like to check out the new World of Disney Store. Has anybody been? Is it better than the Disney Store?

TTATraveler

I have been to World of Disney, and it was nothing to write home about. Much of the third floor is wasted dead space. There wasn't much adult clothing either. It is an ok place to get a Disney fix outside Orlando, but don't expect much. I don't even remember seeing any gallery type items, just some Big Figs.

AliciaLuvzDizne

Its very much like the world of disney at downtown disney. Much of the same merchandice. Worth a trip. they have a special section of nothing by nyc stuff

see my photo album for some pictures...i have more if you want them PM me

DCL

I went there for the first time last month. Needless to say, it wasn't nearly as good as I expected it to be. Like TTATraveler said, the third floor is a complete waste of space. It was reserved for movies and music and such, but it was just in a small corner of the third floor, and the selection was horrible. In addition, I don't think I saw ANY adult clothing at all. I was really disappointed with the store as a whole... of course... that didn't stop me from buying things! :lol: But it's not something I would go out of my way to do again.

crazycalf

there are adult clothes there, most of them are NYC specific, they are all on the first floor to the right.

Also, the 3rd floor is where the characters are, I don't think it is a waste of space. You can also do vacation planning there.

Anyway, is is much better than a disney store

DanStat

I love its location in NYC. It's cool. There's a Disney website with more information. The coolest thing is the Mr. Potato heads with NYC parts.

yensidtlaw1969

I had to good fortune to be able to go a few weeks before Christmas :dazzle: . I really loved it, actually, and at times I felt like I was in Downtown Disney. I live in New york and get to go to the city every now and then, and now this has become a ritual when I venture that way. I think it is a big Improvement over the original Disney Store. I also love the architecture of the store itself (Inside, mostly). Plus, as an added bonus, I can now pick up more track and acessories for my toy Monorail without having to wait til my next trip to Orlando (It's much easier to get things home too)!

Hey, when you go, can you look and see if there's any 50th Merchandise for sale at the store? I'm sure there probably is, but just to confirm it. Thanks!

Yensidtlaw1969.

GoofyFan1

Original Poster
yensidtlaw1969 said:
I had to good fortune to be able to go a few weeks before Christmas :dazzle: . I really loved it, actually, and at times I felt like I was in Downtown Disney. I live in New york and get to go to the city every now and then, and now this has become a ritual when I venture that way. I think it is a big Improvement over the original Disney Store. I also love the architecture of the store itself (Inside, mostly). Plus, as an added bonus, I can now pick up more track and acessories for my toy Monorail without having to wait til my next trip to Orlando (It's much easier to get things home too)!

Hey, when you go, can you look and see if there's any 50th Merchandise for sale at the store? I'm sure there probably is, but just to confirm it. Thanks!

Yensidtlaw1969.

Thanks everbody. I leave for the airport at 03:30 :snore: :hammer: and after a long day of meetings, I'm kind of looking forward to see the store.

Yensid, I'll check that out for you.

Pioneer Hall

I've been over to the World of Disney store, and it is much better than the Disney stores. There is park merchandise as well as NYC specific merchandise. There are characters there on a regular basis as well. I really liked the store and I know I could spend a while there thinking I was at the real WoD store in WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom