WORLD OF COLOR CELEBRATE! - Photos/Video, Reviews & Thoughts

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I love NPH but I agree there was too much. He should have just introduced each segment he didn't need to ride the rides or randomly appear during songs it was odd. I would have loved a montage of songs from Disney's film history instead of a Frozen segment. The Frozen park really stuck out as did the new Star Wars Footage. It would have worked better if they had expanded to use more films.

Californian Elitist

I broke down and watched the video. With the exception of freaking Frozen (UGH), I loved it. Definitely didn't feel there was too much of Neil Patrick Harris (when I get the time, I'm going to count his actual time in the show...he's really not in the show very much, it feels). I appreciate the actual story in this version and I personally love the "history lesson." Pretty sure I will prefer Celebrate! to the original, and my official review will come once I see the show in person next week.

Crazydisneyfanluke

I broke down and watched the video. With the exception of freaking Frozen (UGH), I loved it. Definitely didn't feel there was too much of Neil Patrick Harris (when I get the time, I'm going to count his actual time in the show...he's really not in the show very much, it feels). I appreciate the actual story in this version and I personally love the "history lesson." Pretty sure I will prefer Celebrate! to the original, and my official review will come once I see the show in person next week.
What i thought was a neat thing they did, they had NPH be the lead vocals for the main song of the show. The video I watched the water effects where making the lake seem misty and blurred the mist screens so i couldn't see what was going on.

belle717

First impression was I liked it. I never loved WOC, so I didn't go into this with high expectations. Really enjoyed the first part with Walt and vintage Mickey, etc. Then the show completely fell apart for me at "Let it Go" -- not because I'm tired of the song (ok, maybe a little), but it just didn't fit.

Was the show trying to celebrate Walt himself? Walt and his accomplishment in film, then with the parks? It was disappointing to see such a disproportionally large amount of Frozen and barely touching on the other Disney classics and/or princesses. And the animation during the Disneyland rides segment (especially Small World) did not look very well done, though I liked the idea of that segment.

I really like NPH and thought he was fine.

I think my post skews quite negative, so I want to say that overall, just like the original, I liked it, just not enough to see it again. My BF who loved the original WOC was deeply disappointed though.

Twilight_Roxas

Am I the only person who smiled when The Rescuers got acknowledge at one point in the show. It was during the animation segment where I seen Ms Bianca kiss Bernard.
The sequel got acknowledged as well.

Wish they did a segment for the live action films, and shows.

Films (Not DCOM actual films), and shows that should have appeared.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Zorro
Walt Disney Anthology series
Mary Poppins
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Pete's Dragon
The Black Hole
Tron
The Rocketeer
Tuck Everlasting
Pirates of the Caribbeans series
Alice in Wonderland
Tron Legacy
The Muppets
Oz: The Great and Powerful
Muppets: Most Wanted
Maleficent
Cinderella
Tomorrowland
Marvel films
Once Upon A Time

Californian Elitist

The sequel got acknowledged as well.

Wish they did a segment for the live action films, and shows.

Films (Not DCOM actual films), and shows that should have appeared.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Zorro
Walt Disney Anthology series
Mary Poppins
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Pete's Dragon
The Black Hole
Tron
The Rocketeer
Tuck Everlasting
Pirates of the Caribbeans series
Alice in Wonderland
Tron Legacy
The Muppets
Oz: The Great and Powerful
Muppets: Most Wanted
Maleficent
Cinderella
Tomorrowland
Marvel films
Once Upon A Time

You can't be serious for some of these. Tuck Everlasting? The Black Hole? Oz? No.

habuma

Now that I've had a few days to think about it (saw the 2nd showing on May 23rd)....
  • NPH singing the WoC song...meh. Nothing against NPH, but I preferred the original song.
  • NPH co-hosting with Mickey...meh. Again, I neither like nor dislike NPH. I'm just not sure that the show needed a host at all. As others have said, it felt kinda talky.
  • Eye-catching color...not nearly as much as in the original. For a show called "World of Color" there sure were a lot of black and white segments and clips from older Disney movies where the color didn't pop that much. That said...
  • Disney and Disneyland history...Despite the talky-ness and less colorful presentations, I appreciated the history being told. Bonus points for that.
  • FIRE!...Not one, not two, but THREE enormous fireballs. 1000 points for each. We were waiting our time to watch the 2nd show while sitting on a bench on the other side of the Little Mermaid building and I could clearly see the fireballs over the building.
Overall: WoC:Celebrate is entertaining and still a must-see show. But I liked the original MUCH better. If I were in charge, I'd take the original, replace a few segments with some of the more interesting segments of the new show (Star Wars + fireballs) and ditch the talky bits with NPH.

(In other news, Paint the Night was amazing)

imagineer boy

I tried watching a video of it but I couldn't get past the intro segment with NPH singing and throwing around magic. Blegh... I really wanted to puke. That has to be one of the most vomit inducing things I've ever seen.

Bairstow

Speaking of things we'd like to see in World of Color 3: Beyond Thunderdome, I was trying to think of some less-popular Disney songs that would fit really well in a World of Color show, and one in particular stuck out to me.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom