Working Yeti

jl3283

Original Poster
Anyone have a HD on ride POV video with the Yeti working in A-Mode? I've always wanted to see it working, since everytime I get on it, it's disco yeti

Weather_Lady

I'd love to see it, too. The last time I was at WDW, Expedition Everest hadn't opened, so we apparently missed the brief window of opportunity to see this attraction as it was meant to be. I have seen the WDW promotional special they keep running on the travel channel (why they keep running it when it's now totally out of date, I have no idea), which devotes copious amounts of time to extolling the technology behind the Yeti, interviewing the Imagineers about it, and showing footage of it working in the lab/studio. It would be awesome to see what it looked like, in situ and operating.

Ironic, isn't it, that WDW sought to dispel the Yeti myth by bringing you face to face with a moving one, only to have the "moving Yeti" become a figure of myth and legend itself?

bubbles1812

There are some videos on You Tube but the Yeti is pretty hard to see in all of them. I think it's just hard to capture something on a fairly dark ride and you see the yeti for all of 1-2 seconds tops. Not to mention you are on a shaky roller coaster. Just because it is difficult to capture. If you want to see A mode Yeti, I'd suggest looking for something like Weather_Lady is describing.

@Weather_Lady...that is definitely the best vid I've seen of it.

ExtinctJenn

I wonder if they'll ever invest the money to fix this guy knowing how long the ride would have to be shutdown to do it. If anything I'd bet they'd wait until Avatarland so some of the guest traffic had a place to go. I'd just love to see him in action (I too have only seen him in disco mode outside of the myriad of "making of" videos I've seen).
There's this one...
I think that is easily one of the best I've seen even if it's only a second and a half you see him. You can tell he's actually moving there.

C.FERNIE

never even crossed my mind to check you tube lol i was just saying on another thread i couldnt even remember how the yeti looked when it was in a mode, now i do thank you! :)

MrNonacho

Premium Member
I'm probably alone on this, but I always found the Yeti to be far more impressive on those TV specials. It was always disappointing to me that you only caught a glimpse of it on the ride. Seemed like such a waste of an amazing figure.

bethymouse

So, did something happen to the Yeti on the way to Florida? I just can't comprehend why all the work that went into this project seems to be just "forgotten" about.:( If Disney doesn't get it fixed soon, then shame on them!o_O

rufio

So, did something happen to the Yeti on the way to Florida? I just can't comprehend why all the work that went into this project seems to be just "forgotten" about.:( If Disney doesn't get it fixed soon, then shame on them!o_O

From what I understand it's been quite awhile since the Yeti last worked. I visited for the first time in 2009 and I don't recall the Yeti moving, but maybe I overlooked it.

Bairstow

I'm probably alone on this, but I always found the Yeti to be far more impressive on those TV specials. It was always disappointing to me that you only caught a glimpse of it on the ride. Seemed like such a waste of an amazing figure.

How many times would you have been able to watch it?
The thing broke almost as soon as the ride opened.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom