working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 6, six pack abs. Some things just aren't funny!!!!! Today so far has been great a double lap around my lake and then some pool time:joyfull: Best of all I spent quite a bit of time cooking yesterday:joyfull: The guys are getting pork fried rice(I even made the Chinese pork minus the red food dye) I'm having zoodles with pesto and white beans with a side salad:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry: I love no cooking night I even prepped the zoodles yesterday:joyfull:

Sans Souci

Hello-

I was busy this weekend, but I still did my workouts. Today was a walk in the AM and a workout called "Summer Shred." I like this streaming site. You can workout along with her or you can write down the workout. She lists the breakdown of the workout. I write it down, blast some music and get busy. LOL

All of this talk about crock pots prompted me to dig mine out! I have a Thai chicken curry cooking right now. My Instant Pot is also a slow cooker, but I like my crock pot because of it's shape. These things last forever. This one I'm using is about 30 years old. My mother got a new one and gave me this one.

Sans Souci

Yikes! I'm going to Dublin next weekend with some Harry Potter friends and I made them all friendship bracelets in their house colors. I also made snitch earrings a LONG time ago, but most of them can't wear non-gold so they can't wear them. :( I also just experimented with Disney themed jewelry.
View attachment 230263
View attachment 230264

And I made these for our Disney trip last summer:
View attachment 230265
Won't candy be heavy, too?

These are adorable. I should do something like that next year. I think fewer people are going on our annual cruise next year, so I can get away with buying candy that won't take up weight/space in my suit case. I should look into something light weight to make. I got into soap making this summer and I wanted the practice.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello-

I was busy this weekend, but I still did my workouts. Today was a walk in the AM and a workout called "Summer Shred." I like this streaming site. You can workout along with her or you can write down the workout. She lists the breakdown of the workout. I write it down, blast some music and get busy. LOL

All of this talk about crock pots prompted me to dig mine out! I have a Thai chicken curry cooking right now. My Instant Pot is also a slow cooker, but I like my crock pot because of it's shape. These things last forever. This one I'm using is about 30 years old. My mother got a new one and gave me this one.

I use the crock pots year round. They're actually really nice in the summer, because you don't heat up the kitchen even more, by using your oven.

Yesterday, I made turkey chili--it's one of our favorites. I don't cook much at all, but I do have a few meals I like cooking--especially in the crock pots. (The larger sized crock pot I use to make beef stew.) Hubs loves both of those meals as he can easily heat up leftovers for himself during the week (I generally eat dinner at work, but he eats most of his meals at home). I also like cooking chicken and rice dishes in the crock pots. Easy!

Sans Souci

I use the crock pots year round. They're actually really nice in the summer, because you don't heat up the kitchen even more, by using your oven.

Yesterday, I made turkey chili--it's one of our favorites. I don't cook much at all, but I do have a few meals I like cooking--especially in the crock pots. (The larger sized crock pot I use to make beef stew.) Hubs loves both of those meals as he can easily heat up leftovers for himself during the week (I generally eat dinner at work, but he eats most of his meals at home). I also like cooking chicken and rice dishes in the crock pots. Easy!

Yes, they're great for keeping the kitchen cool. The crock pot helps me have cheesecake in the summer. :hilarious: I put crushed graham crackers in the bottom of a half pint ball jar and put some cheesecake batter on top. I submerge them in water in the crock pot and they're done in three hours. I know cooking a cheesecake in oven doesn't take as long, but I have to fill a roasting pan full of water to bake the cake. That produces a lot of steam. Who wants that in the summer? :depressed:

Even though my Instant Pot has a slow cooker function, it's a deep pot. I have to stack things on top of each other and they don't cook very well. The crock pot is "shallower" and I have more room to spread out food for even cooking.

I do have a bunch of crock pot cookbooks. I should probably round them up, stew weather is just around the corner.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I got a walk in this morning to beat the rain. My sinuses were really painful last night. I think it's the pressure change. I didn't sleep well. I'd sit upright for a bit and the pressure would subside a bit, but then when I tried to sleep, it would build again. So, I might just do some stretching later on, I'm feeling off from poor sleep. I might work out, I'll see how I feel. :)

Songbird76

Hello-

I got a walk in this morning to beat the rain. My sinuses were really painful last night. I think it's the pressure change. I didn't sleep well. I'd sit upright for a bit and the pressure would subside a bit, but then when I tried to sleep, it would build again. So, I might just do some stretching later on, I'm feeling off from poor sleep. I might work out, I'll see how I feel. :)
Sympathy like. I've been using nasal spray for a few days because my ear was hurting. Perhaps that might help you?

Songbird76

SO so tired!! I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere tonight. Yesterday was work, then choir. Today was work, then DS's therapy appt. and I am just exhausted!! I keep falling asleep here with the computer on my lap.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good afternoon. Sorry I haven't been on for a bit. It has just been crazy around here. Anyways, we stayed outdoors all weekend since the weather was perfect. I love the warm days and cool nights. We got in all our walking that's for sure.
Tomorrow DH is off for our anniversary! I cannot believe we have been married 37 years. Where did time go?? Going to see a baseball game later in the week. We are definitely going to relax and enjoy this weather. And hopefully that next hurricane won't head this way.
Dinner is cauliflower tacos. Just prepped by parboiling the cauliflower.
Everyone have a happy day. :)
p.s. @figmentfan423 my DD and SIL just got home from her birthday trip. They were up your way. They went to Ohio, Pittsburgh, Philly, and Joisey! Willie Nelson had an Outlaw tour in Joisey plus her fav Avett Bros. They really liked Pittsburgh.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good afternoon. Sorry I haven't been on for a bit. It has just been crazy around here. Anyways, we stayed outdoors all weekend since the weather was perfect. I love the warm days and cool nights. We got in all our walking that's for sure.
Tomorrow DH is off for our anniversary! I cannot believe we have been married 37 years. Where did time go?? Going to see a baseball game later in the week. We are definitely going to relax and enjoy this weather. And hopefully that next hurricane won't head this way.
p.s. @figmentfan423 my DD and SIL just got home from her birthday trip. They were up your way. They went to Ohio, Pittsburgh, Philly, and Joisey! Willie Nelson had an Outlaw tour in Joisey plus her fav Avett Bros. They really liked Pittsburgh.

A very Happy Anniversary to you and your hubs tomorrow!!! And 37 years--you must be doing something right! ;)

Songbird76

Happy anniversary! 37 years is quite an accomplishment! My hubby and I have been married for 16 years this Friday. I thought that was pretty good, but you've got more than double that! Way to go!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I hope you got a good night's sleep last night.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning seeing yesterday was almost a 20 hour one for me today's my zen day. Day 8 is yoga for relaxation and meditation, talk about perfect timing. I'll do it as soon as the boys leave and then I'm taking a nap. My dh has been warned DO NOT WAKE ME UP! or else:oops::angelic: I'll take a nice leisurely walk to the pool and relax there for a bit before coming home and making zoodles with an onion, mushroom, garlic, sun dried and fresh tomato sauce with a red wine finish:hungry:

Sans Souci

Sympathy like. I've been using nasal spray for a few days because my ear was hurting. Perhaps that might help you?

I am reluctant to try those, because a doctor once told me you can develop a dependance on those. It's not a physical dependence, but you can get rebound congestion and that starts the cycle of "needing" the spray. He also said you will need more to get relief. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom