working out for Disney

epcotisbest

Photo for @figmentfan423
My wife is in Savannah on business. She sent me a photo of her lunch today. Portabello mushroom sub from a place called Zunzi's. I have eaten there before and it is even better than it looks.
Portobello mushroom sandwich served with zucchini, squash, hummus, lettuce, onion, peppers, spinach and tomato on French Bread with Zunzi's sauce. No meat. I doubt this is gluten-free, but I know it is crazy good. I think the iPhone photo kinda exaggerated the colors. Oh, and she said it was quite messy and she wound up eating about half with a fork and taking the other half back to the room for later.

zunzi's.jpg

Last edited:

Sans Souci

Hello--

I've been in bed all day. I started feeling "off" last night, then I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I had a golf ball in my throat. I thought maybe it was my sinus, but then I tried to go for a walk and quickly realized I was not well. I came back home, started doing some packing and started feeling really hot/cold with a headache. At that point, I just gave up and slept all day. My husband had a cold, but he never got like this. Weird.

Anyway, no workout for me. There was so much stuff I wanted to do before we leave Sat. I figure it was mostly cleaning. I really don't have much to pack, since it's just the beach and there is w/d. I can always try to get all of that done tomorrow.

I've been up for a few hours, but I am going to back to bed for a bit. I really want to shake this thing off. :)

Sans Souci

DD requested Chicken Broccoli Alfredo for dinner because it's been so long since we've had it. I really didn't want to do that because I'm trying really hard to do low carb and eat healthier...I'm desperate to get some pounds off and it's not working. But I compromised by making zoodles instead of pasta, and it was SOOOO good. I found a recipe for Tuscan Meatballs with Carrot Pasta that I think I will try tomorrow night.

Is the carrot pasta spiral-ized carrots or is it that orange pasta made with carrots? I keep meaning to get a spiralizer. I think I would have to do like 1:4 pasta to veggies. I love my pasta too much to totally forgo it. LOL

Sans Souci

Good morning due to the iffy weather the past couple of days I've been doing lots of LS miles and I did weights yesterday:joyfull: This morning was 5 LS miles and with luck swimming or at least floating this afternoon:joyfull:

I looked into joining our pool and it's about $500 for the summer. I think I would be the only one to use it, so it's not worth it. :(

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Photo for @figmentfan423
My wife is in Savannah on business. She sent me a photo of her lunch today. Portabello mushroom sub from a place called Zunzi's. I have eaten there before and it is even better than it looks.
Portobello mushroom sandwich served with zucchini, squash, hummus, lettuce, onion, peppers, spinach and tomato on French Bread with Zunzi's sauce. No meat. I doubt this is gluten-free, but I know it is crazy good. I think the iPhone photo kinda exaggerated the colors. Oh, and she said it was quite messy and she wound up eating about half with a fork and taking the other half back to the room for later.

View attachment 215335
Thank you, I'd just double he veggies and skip the bread:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello--

I've been in bed all day. I started feeling "off" last night, then I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like I had a golf ball in my throat. I thought maybe it was my sinus, but then I tried to go for a walk and quickly realized I was not well. I came back home, started doing some packing and started feeling really hot/cold with a headache. At that point, I just gave up and slept all day. My husband had a cold, but he never got like this. Weird.

Anyway, no workout for me. There was so much stuff I wanted to do before we leave Sat. I figure it was mostly cleaning. I really don't have much to pack, since it's just the beach and there is w/d. I can always try to get all of that done tomorrow.

I've been up for a few hours, but I am going to back to bed for a bit. I really want to shake this thing off. :)
I hope you can rest up today. I'm all for coming home to a sparkly clean house but not at the expense of lessening the vacation experience. GWS xoxo

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I looked into joining our pool and it's about $500 for the summer. I think I would be the only one to use it, so it's not worth it. :(
Sympathy like. The boys and I use ours enough to make it worth while and during the winter months they have bingo, board game night and a few movie nights:)

Songbird76

Hello--

Oh ick!! I hope you feel better! Will you be able to just relax at the beach, or do you still have to cook, etc?

Songbird76

Is the carrot pasta spiral-ized carrots or is it that orange pasta made with carrots? I keep meaning to get a spiralizer. I think I would have to do like 1:4 pasta to veggies. I love my pasta too much to totally forgo it. LOL
Spiralized carrots. I didn't get to try it because we had to go into town to get a few things and by the time I got back, I didn't have time to cook tomatoes. The recipe calls for canned, but I prefer cooking my own fresh tomatoes. Then I know what's in it. So we ate spinach pizza last night instead and I'll do the Tuscan Meatballs another day. I've never really noticed a difference from regular pasta with zucchini noodles, except they hold more water and they are crunchier. Totally up to you, but it doesn't bother me at all, and I have always been a pasta girl.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good afternoon. 6 LS miles, shopping then we went to opening day for our larger farm market:joyfull: I got enough summer squash to have zoodles all week if I so desire with enough left to spiralize and freeze some:joyfull:, I also go enough beets to have and freeze some:joyfull:, a couple of nice sized cauliflower, an amazing deal on cukes:joyfull:, a few first peaches of the season, some green beans and a few other goodies. I'm a bit upset no arugala:( or peppers or tomatoes:(:(:(. Oh well I'm going to our other one tomorrow. It's amazing what a few miles north and a bit higher in elevation does to the microclimate. i hope all of you have some amazing fun plans for the weekend:joyfull:

Songbird76

Good afternoon. 6 LS miles, shopping then we went to opening day for our larger farm market:joyfull: I got enough summer squash to have zoodles all week if I so desire with enough left to spiralize and freeze some:joyfull:, I also go enough beets to have and freeze some:joyfull:, a couple of nice sized cauliflower, an amazing deal on cukes:joyfull:, a few first peaches of the season, some green beans and a few other goodies. I'm a bit upset no arugala:( or peppers or tomatoes:(:(:(. Oh well I'm going to our other one tomorrow. It's amazing what a few miles north and a bit higher in elevation does to the microclimate. i hope all of you have some amazing fun plans for the weekend:joyfull:
Wow, that must be a LOT of Zuchs!! We need 4 just for our family and DS won't touch spaghetti or alfredo or anything anyway, so he doesn't eat it. So 4 zuchs for 3 of us for one meal. How much do you go through? Or are they BIG zuchs?

Our plans for the weekend are to do as little as possible. I worked 4 days this week, I work 4 next week, and all 5 the week after that. I need a break! So we're doing nothing. Though DS got a new bike (used) today, so we might need to test it out!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow, that must be a LOT of Zuchs!! We need 4 just for our family and DS won't touch spaghetti or alfredo or anything anyway, so he doesn't eat it. So 4 zuchs for 3 of us for one meal. How much do you go through? Or are they BIG zuchs?

Our plans for the weekend are to do as little as possible. I worked 4 days this week, I work 4 next week, and all 5 the week after that. I need a break! So we're doing nothing. Though DS got a new bike (used) today, so we might need to test it out!
All the zukes are beautiful medium sized ones perfect for the spiralizer:joyfull: I'm not sure of the exact count but it filled over 2 fabric shopping bags:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: The Friday farm market is the one where quite a few items are sold by the 1/2 or whole bushel or big boxes.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Happy farm marker Saturday. I only really need tomatoes but I won't turn down a chance of getting some peppers or a couple of eggplant. The rain was a bit heavy for grilling yesterday so I'm going to try and make the grilled veggie sandwich for dinner tonight

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning 5 LS miles done and it looks like Mr. Sun will finally be back out today:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: Now for the really tough decisions, what to make for lunch and dinner. I'm most likely going totally raw at lunch time, salad with assorted chopped veggies and seeing I cornered the squash market I guess zoodles are in order but what to do? Zoodle Pad Thai or Zoodle with fresh pesto and a side of balsamic tomatoes, cukes and onions. I love summer decisions:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Songbird76

I know some of you have fitness trackers like Fitbit, etc. Can someone clue me in? I went looking and I'm confused. What I want is something that will keep track of how much I am exercising...I want to know, for example, how much I am walking at work and what the distance is when I bike to the Centrum, or to work, or in the fall when I take the kids to their new school building. But, what I found says that most of these trackers, you have to have your telephone with you. But I'm not allowed to have my telephone on the work floor. So it sounds like I need one with a GPS, but those are WAY expensive, especially if you want one that can measure both biking AND walking. I am pretty sure it's somewhere around 5km to bike to work, but google maps doesn't show every bike path, so it's not completely accurate. Hence me wanting a tracker. And, of course at work, I'm just walking back and forth in the building...so would a GPS one track that or does it think I'm just standing there in that building? How does it measure steps if it's worn on the wrist? So can anyone tell me what I need??

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know some of you have fitness trackers like Fitbit, etc. Can someone clue me in? I went looking and I'm confused. What I want is something that will keep track of how much I am exercising...I want to know, for example, how much I am walking at work and what the distance is when I bike to the Centrum, or to work, or in the fall when I take the kids to their new school building. But, what I found says that most of these trackers, you have to have your telephone with you. But I'm not allowed to have my telephone on the work floor. So it sounds like I need one with a GPS, but those are WAY expensive, especially if you want one that can measure both biking AND walking. I am pretty sure it's somewhere around 5km to bike to work, but google maps doesn't show every bike path, so it's not completely accurate. Hence me wanting a tracker. And, of course at work, I'm just walking back and forth in the building...so would a GPS one track that or does it think I'm just standing there in that building? How does it measure steps if it's worn on the wrist? So can anyone tell me what I need??
I think @epcotisbest recently got one for his DW but I forget which one:facepalm:

epcotisbest

I think @epcotisbest recently got one for his DW but I forget which one:facepalm:

The one I got for my wife is the Fitbit Charge 2. Now, I don't know a lot about it other than it seems a bit complicated to me, but she loves it. I will include a link that describes more of what it does.
Just from my observation, the best part about the Fitbit is that it is a motivator. My wife strives to do at least 10,000 steps per day. When you hit 10,000 it gives you a little fireworks type display and she loves to see that. Sometimes at the end of the day, she will be marching around the house while getting ready for bed. I asked her one time what the heck she was doing and she said, "Gotta get to 10,000."
She has it linked to her iPhone and can monitor several things that it keeps up with. You do not have to have the phone with you, the Fitbit will sync with the phone app after a run, downloading the data to the phone or computer.
I think it somehow measures steps in conjunction with arm movements while walking, but I am not sure how. Check out the link for more info. I just chose this one because it seemed to have lots of features. She thought it was a fantastic gift, and has gotten a couple of extra bands in different colors too, you know, gotta coordinate the Fitbit with different outfits.
I think @93boomer has a different one that is maybe a bit smaller and more elegant looking but still is a motivator.

https://www.fitbit.com/shop/charge2?color=black&band=tpu

Last edited:

Songbird76

The one I got for my wife is the Fitbit Charge 2. Now, I don't know a lot about it other than it seems a bit complicated to me, but she loves it. I will include a link that describes more of what it does.
Just from my observation, the best part about the Fitbit is that it is a motivator. My wife strives to do at least 10,000 steps per day. When you hit 10,000 it gives you a little fireworks type display and she loves to see that. Sometimes at the end of the day, she will be marching around the house while getting ready for bed. I asked her one time what the heck she was doing and she said, "Gotta get to 10,000."
She has it linked to her iPhone and can monitor several things that it keeps up with. You do not have to have the phone with you, the Fitbit will sync with the phone app after a run, downloading the data to the phone or computer.
I think it somehow measures steps in conjunction with arm movements while walking, but I am not sure how. Check out the link for more info. I just chose this one because it seemed to have lots of features. She thought it was a fantastic gift, and has gotten a couple of extra bands in different colors too, you know, gotta coordinate the Fitbit with different outfits.
I think @93boomer has a different one that is maybe a bit smaller and more elegant looking but still is a motivator.

https://www.fitbit.com/shop/charge2?color=black&band=tpu
Thanks! That actually looks great! Guess I know what to ask for for my birthday/Christmas this year. I was going cross-eyed trying to figure out all the features of each different one. I'll have to watch for sales!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom