working out for Disney

Songbird76

Happy 4th of July! :cool:

I am going for a walk shortly, then I will do my kettle bell workout. I want to get my work outs squared away so I can chill out.

Today is my anniversary, but my husband took me out last night. We went this Italian restaurant. I had gazpacho with crabmeat and avocado, seared tuna with a limoncello sauce served with spiralized zucchini and squash, then I split an order of almond semifreddo with my husband. It was really delicious and worth the calories. I was worried, because I was reading reviews that it was a horrible value for the money. I didn't think it was. I don't know what portion size people expect then they dine out. I ate about 2/3 of my dinner and was satisfied.I thought the dessert was massive and definitely meant to be shared.

I am going to make chicken breast kabobs and veggie skewers for dinner. I'm just looking forward to relaxing in my yard.
Happy anniversary! I love spiralized zucchini! Sounds like a great way to celebrate.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning, I hope everybody had a wonderful holiday. Nothing like kickboxing will Jillian Michaels to start the day:joyfull:. I see a lot of spinach in my future because my nonbolting is starting to bolt:cautious::banghead: guess some will go in a smoothie, in a salad with cucumbers and orange segments for lunch and unfried spicey stir fry for dinner with tempeh.:hungry::joyfull:

Songbird76

I had vanilla yogurt with oats for breakfast, a pear and a mandarin orange for lunch, and I'm being naughty and having pizza for dinner. Grapes were on sale BOGO today, so I got 2 packages of grapes, a bag of mandarins, and a container of pears. The kids' last day of school was yesterday, so I got a ton of fruit because it's so easy to grab for a snack, etc. YUM!! Planning on riding my bike to work tonight as the weather is nice. And tomorrow and Friday nights, too...supposed to be nice weather all week, so I might as well get my exercise in if I have enough time.

epcotisbest

Sauteed zucchini, squash and red onions with some crushed red pepper flakes, garlic powder and paprika in olive oil. I over done them a little and they went from crunchy to a bit soggy, but still fairly edible. Using up the fresh bounty of veggies the neighbor brought by.

veggies.jpg

Songbird76

I was a good girl all day yesterday...yogurt with oats and a pear for breakfast, Eggs with grapes and a mandarin orange for lunch, Salad with chicken and just a small amount of ranch dressing for dinner, and then another pear for my snack at work. I wanted to ride my bike to work, but they were predicting thunderstorms and no way am I getting on a metal framed death vehicle when there's lightning. Hopefully it will be clear tonight so I can ride my bike to work.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Your encouragement is what led me to eating more veggies and trying new ways to prepare them. I appreciate it and am enjoying new things. I am making a red kidney bean/stuffed tomato and cucumber salad to go with the turbo ribs I plan to make this evening. More veggies equals less ribs, less calories.
You're making me blush but remember you're the one putting in the work, making healthy choices and just an all not so round anymore great guy:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Happy Farm Market Saturday, just you're weekly reminder to eat your veggies:D It's going to be a zen day for me:joyfull: I did a morning practice for breath, back and abs(very relaxing) then off to do some food shopping at the farm market and then off to Shoprite for the Can Can sale. Mine has a lot of no salt added ones as part of the sale. Today I'm stocking up on crushed tomatoes and organic corn:hungry: I have no clue or not much of one what will be for lunch or dinner but I'm hoping to get enough squash for zoodles:hungry: Have a great relaxing, energizing and fun weekend:joyfull:

Songbird76

Happy Farm Market Saturday, just you're weekly reminder to eat your veggies:D It's going to be a zen day for me:joyfull: I did a morning practice for breath, back and abs(very relaxing) then off to do some food shopping at the farm market and then off to Shoprite for the Can Can sale. Mine has a lot of no salt added ones as part of the sale. Today I'm stocking up on crushed tomatoes and organic corn:hungry: I have no clue or not much of one what will be for lunch or dinner but I'm hoping to get enough squash for zoodles:hungry: Have a great relaxing, energizing and fun weekend:joyfull:
Zoodles do require a lot of squash! I think I used 3 zuccs last time and it wasn't nearly enough!
Good luck!!

Sans Souci

Hello--
Just checking in. I am still working out. I have been getting ready for our beach trip next week.

Since we're driving, I should be able to bring my kettle bell. I am going to keep out with my program and get lots of steps in. :cool:

So, there was a thread about the laminate flooring in the rooms. I mentioned that our floors were sticky and dirty when we checked into the 1 br villa at Boardwalk. We paid cash and didn't rent points, because my husband's vacation plans can change. You can get a refund paying cash v renting points. Because we paid cash, we got housekeeping everyday. Anyway, there was one of those mops with a sponge at the end and I cleaned it up the best I could with hot water. I said this in the thread and someone told me I should have used hot water and some dishwasher detergent. OK, I am on vacation and I am essentially performing a housekeeping function, but whatever. Then someone told me I should not expect a clean floor on check in, because housekeeping doesn't have the time. Um, OK? Maybe I am crazy, but I expect a clean floor/room upon check in and maybe a floor cleaning mid-week. I can't believe I am questioning this...

epcotisbest

Hello--
Just checking in. I am still working out. I have been getting ready for our beach trip next week.

Since we're driving, I should be able to bring my kettle bell. I am going to keep out with my program and get lots of steps in. :cool:

So, there was a thread about the laminate flooring in the rooms. I mentioned that our floors were sticky and dirty when we checked into the 1 br villa at Boardwalk. We paid cash and didn't rent points, because my husband's vacation plans can change. You can get a refund paying cash v renting points. Because we paid cash, we got housekeeping everyday. Anyway, there was one of those mops with a sponge at the end and I cleaned it up the best I could with hot water. I said this in the thread and someone told me I should have used hot water and some dishwasher detergent. OK, I am on vacation and I am essentially performing a housekeeping function, but whatever. Then someone told me I should not expect a clean floor on check in, because housekeeping doesn't have the time. Um, OK? Maybe I am crazy, but I expect a clean floor/room upon check in and maybe a floor cleaning mid-week. I can't believe I am questioning this...

Nothing to question. Floors should be clean at any level hotel or resort you stay at. At Disney prices, rental points or cash, floors should be spotless. We stay offsite at least once, sometimes twice per year, and it seems places that cost half the price of Disney are still much cleaner most of the time. Not saying we are experiencing dirty Disney rooms, but back in May we stayed at SSR and I walked around the room in my socks and later noticed the bottoms of the socks were, let's just say, no longer white.

epcotisbest

One of the things I love about summer is when the fresh tomatoes come in. The vines are hanging heavy with them right now. I love fresh tomatoes. Here is a snack that just hit the spot, as the fresh tomatoes were calling my name, tomato sandwich with lots of Duke's mayo, salt, pepper and some cold, leftover pulled pork just for the heck of it. A tomato sandwich does not need anything else on it but mayo, salt and pepper, but sometimes I improvise.

tomato sandwich.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Nothing to question. Floors should be clean at any level hotel or resort you stay at. At Disney prices, rental points or cash, floors should be spotless. We stay offsite at least once, sometimes twice per year, and it seems places that cost half the price of Disney are still much cleaner most of the time. Not saying we are experiencing dirty Disney rooms, but back in May we stayed at SSR and I walked around the room in my socks and later noticed the bottoms of the socks were, let's just say, no longer white.
What he said. I'm liking my off site trips more and more. The savings will pay for uber/cab there and back each day plus a signature meal for 2:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom