1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

working out for Disney

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by figmentfan423, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Sans Souci

Sans Souci Well-Known Member

I think you can tell it not to play a song by giving it a thumbs down. I've tried looking for a way to block an artist's playlist and I can't find one. I'll look again. I don't mind a TS song or a Maroon 5 song very occasionally, but dang, not every other song.

figmentfan423 and 93boomer like this.
  2. 93boomer

93boomer Well-Known Member

Hi!! Missed you! We leave Sat for the world! Glad you got to take a break and relax! Congrats on the weight loss! Awesome! :)

3. 93boomer

Good morning!! With 3 days til Disney, I haven't checked in. I am still walking and doing weights. I am still doing my yoga a few times a week. It really helps me de-stress.
    Meals are whatever I have in the fridge or freezer plus salads. Trying to clean it out! Lol

4. figmentfan423

figmentfan423 Well-Known Member Original Poster

Congrats on your trip and all the weight loss.

MinnieM123, Sans Souci and 93boomer like this.
  5. figmentfan423

I'm still working out and trying to sleep when I can. Today I was up early and got in 5 advanced miles LS and JM's upper body. I'm going to get my deck ready for all the plants sometime today:joyfull: I have rice, tomatoes, spinach, broccoli and white beans(cooked) time to think and get a bit creative at dinner time LOL oops almost forgot I'm over1/2 way through 30 days of yoga today is day 17:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

6. Songbird76

Songbird76 Well-Known Member

Oh I'm soooooo jealous! I so need a vacation now! DH and I are going on a long weekend trip next week now that I am back home. A whole month apart does not suit either of us, but I'm just still so stressed, I need Disney. So I booked for October at DLP, but that seems SO far away! I wish I was going to WDW, and I wish it was NOW!! Way to go on being so close to your goal!

I went back to work last night for the first time in about a month and a half or so...it went pretty well! I thought the walking might bother me, but it really didn't.

7. figmentfan423

Good morning yesterday was so nice I made believe I was at Disney and did 12 miles(5inside) and a bit of splashing in the pool. I even ate like I was at Disney sans adult beverage, quinoa salad for lunch and veggie pasta for dinner:joyfull: I got my 5 inside miles done, my group is going walking and we're going to the pool sans kids:) leftovers for lunch and dinner:joyfull:

MinnieM123 and Sans Souci like this.
  8. Sans Souci

Have a safe and fun trip!

9. Sans Souci

Yikes! A month apart? You guys definitely need a nice, long weekend trip together. I regret not going to DLP when we lived in London, but I thought we would have so much more time. I never thought my husband's job would be downsized eight months after moving there. LOL

figmentfan423 and MinnieM123 like this.
  10. Sans Souci

These past few days, I am almost regretting not buying this house we saw with an inground pool. LOL

I ate at Tangierine Cafe last week and had the veggie platter. My absolute favorite QS at WDW. :inlove::hungry:

11. Sans Souci

Hello--

Today is a rest day, but I am going to for a little stroll shortly.

Yesterday I did a HIIT workout that used a barbell and some free weights. It was hard, but I liked that it used weights to get the heart rate up and not lots of jumping.

Today is my weigh in and I am .8 lbs. from my goal. Sooo close now! :cat:

12. 93boomer

Thank you!!!

Sans Souci and figmentfan423 like this.
  13. 93boomer

Congrats!! That is so great!!:)

14. Songbird76

Well, I've been here for almost 15 years and I've been to WDW twice since I moved here and I've never been to DLP. I should have gone LONG before now, but to be honest, I'm a bit scared that I am spoiled by WDW and I will be disappointed.
    And yes, a month apart...my kids had to go back to school and my husband had to go back to work and it was taking so much longer than I thought it would to deal with my dad's estate. I was there for 6 weeks and it's still not done and I'm so stressed out about it, but hubby couldn't keep taking time off to be with the kids when they got out of school. I had to come back and I guess I will l just have to make another trip to settle things when we find out if we have to go through probate or not. So it was also a WASTED month because I couldn't DO anything most of that time. Once the funeral was arranged, I hit a brick wall. So I could have just as well come home after the 2nd week once we got the death certificates. Hindsight. Did I mention how far away October seems??

figmentfan423 and MinnieM123 like this.
  15. Songbird76

Way to go!! When do you want to have reached the goal? Is there a specific timeline?

16. MinnieM123

MinnieM123 Well-Known Member

I was just down there this week (got home last night). Tangierine Cafe is definitely one of the best QS on all of Disney's properties.

It was hot this week and I actually enjoyed the Flower & Garden food stands in World Showcase. When I'm hot, I don't eat a lot, and I found the small plates were a better option for me for some of my meals, if I was at EPCOT that day. Morocco had a really tasty sausage that they served on a finger roll. My other favorite was the spring rolls over in China. I don't know what's in the dipping sauce, but it was delicious! :hungry:

Oh, congrats on the weight loss!!

Sans Souci and figmentfan423 like this.
  17. figmentfan423

Good morning it's going to be too busy today to get much done but my practice before I head off to the farm market, first day of the year. Yes I slept in:joyfull: because I was up very late last night:grumpy: I hope everybody has a great weekend and safe travels to all going anywhere.

18. Songbird76

My exercise was scrubbing my floor today. Hubby didn't really clean anything while I was gone...of course, he was working most of the time, but it means I was way behind on house work and once the jet lag was over, I went back to work, too. So since we are celebrating DD's birthday this weekend, I had a LOT of cleaning to do. I was a sweaty, stinky mess, but now I'm showered and there are 3 happy girls downstairs watching Netflix and I can relax.

19. figmentfan423

Enjoy your rest! You've earned it.

Sans Souci, Songbird76 and MinnieM123 like this.
  20. figmentfan423

OMG what a hectic weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too many places to be, way too much on my to do list and a serious lack of sleep! All my plants and seeds are in and at least I'm keeping up with 30 days of yoga. Nobody will be here or they'll be sleeping tomorrow so I'll be back to my regularly scheduled routine tomorrow:joyfull: ps I'm going to bed early tonight after some bedtime yoga/meditation I need it

Sans Souci and MinnieM123 like this.