working out for Disney

Sans Souci

That's always a hard decision. What do you feel you need to work on?

Just everything. The reason I was doing crazy swim suit lady workouts is because they work my lower body without bulking it up. Plus, there are a lot of bodyweight/calisthenics moves for the upper body. But my left wrist and right shoulder feel over used from all the planks, push ups and pikes. Plus, she just grates on my nerves. LOL I keep thinking of workouts that are like hers, but there is really nothing out there like her workouts. I should just go through my DVDs and put a schedule together.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just everything. The reason I was doing crazy swim suit lady workouts is because they work my lower body without bulking it up. Plus, there are a lot of bodyweight/calisthenics moves for the upper body. But my left wrist and right shoulder feel over used from all the planks, push ups and pikes. Plus, she just grates on my nerves. LOL I keep thinking of workouts that are like hers, but there is really nothing out there like her workouts. I should just go through my DVDs and put a schedule together.
Sounds like a plan, when I want to work lower body without bulking up I add in some Shiva Rea, but I would wait at least a couple of days if your shoulder and wrist are sore

Sans Souci

Hello-

I decided to take the day off. I felt not 100%, so I listened to my body. Hopefully, I'll be back online tomorrow. I think I am going to downshift the intensity of my workouts--just for a bit. I am falling asleep at 7:30 while watching TV. I go to bed at 9 and I sleep until 6. I struggle to get up, I am so tired! This started about 2 weeks ago. I am usually up and at 'em in the morning! LOL

Today, they told my husband they might want to transfer him to Pittsburgh. *sigh* When he was hired, we had the choice of here or P'burgh. We chose here, since it's close to a lot of things to see and do. Well, I am not moving. This is ridiculous. I have moved so many times since the end of 2014. Not only that, we haven't even sold our house in IL and then I have to put this one up for sale? No. I am done. :mad:

Sans Souci

Sounds like a plan, when I want to work lower body without bulking up I add in some Shiva Rea, but I would wait at least a couple of days if your shoulder and wrist are sore

Doesn't she have a lower body DVD? I had her beginner yoga DVD, but I gave it away since I outgrew it. I have her Yoga Trance Dance DVD somewhere, I think. That is one I have to do when nobody is around. LOL

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello-

I decided to take the day off. I felt not 100%, so I listened to my body. Hopefully, I'll be back online tomorrow. I think I am going to downshift the intensity of my workouts--just for a bit. I am falling asleep at 7:30 while watching TV. I go to bed at 9 and I sleep until 6. I struggle to get up, I am so tired! This started about 2 weeks ago. I am usually up and at 'em in the morning! LOL

Today, they told my husband they might want to transfer him to Pittsburgh. *sigh* When he was hired, we had the choice of here or P'burgh. We chose here, since it's close to a lot of things to see and do. Well, I am not moving. This is ridiculous. I have moved so many times since the end of 2014. Not only that, we haven't even sold our house in IL and then I have to put this one up for sale? No. I am done. :mad:

That's too much moving for anyone.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

Sympathy like. NO MORE MOVING!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning once again it's too cold to go outside:mad::mad::mad: So LS' 4 mile super challenge another one that was at the bottom of the stack and I've got another LS and a Yoga Works pulled out for later. Now I have to figure out which one to do, maybe both if I have stress due to the impending change in dh's schedule

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning once again it's too cold to go outside:mad::mad::mad: So LS' 4 mile super challenge another one that was at the bottom of the stack and I've got another LS and a Yoga Works pulled out for later. Now I have to figure out which one to do, maybe both if I have stress due to the impending change in dh's schedule

If he works night shift, will that also throw off the meal schedule for the family? I assume he'd sleep during the day. Then in the early evening, he would probably want breakfast, while the rest of the family would want their usual dinner, right?

Then again, breakfast isn't really a cooking meal (for most people), so he could just grab some coffee and a muffin or toast, etc. Maybe you could set aside a portion of the dinner meal you'd be having with your kids at night, and he could nuke it when he comes home in the early morning, after his night shift is over.

I've heard that night shift isn't too bad. It's the companies that have 3 shifts that have the most issues. The second shift (which is usually around 2-3 in the afternoon to start) is the most problematic to family schedules, so it's probably better that he has the night shift.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
If he works night shift, will that also throw off the meal schedule for the family? I assume he'd sleep during the day. Then in the early evening, he would probably want breakfast, while the rest of the family would want their usual dinner, right?

Then again, breakfast isn't really a cooking meal (for most people), so he could just grab some coffee and a muffin or toast, etc. Maybe you could set aside a portion of the dinner meal you'd be having with your kids at night, and he could nuke it when he comes home in the early morning, after his night shift is over.

I've heard that night shift isn't too bad. It's the companies that have 3 shifts that have the most issues. The second shift (which is usually around 2-3 in the afternoon to start) is the most problematic to family schedules, so it's probably better that he has the night shift.
It's going to throw everything off and toast or muffins still require cooking.:mad:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Toast: pop bread in toaster. Press button. Toast pops up when done. (Even I can handle that! ;) )

or -- Muffins--buy at store.

His breakfast will be a snap! :)
Bread and muffins don't bake themselves:mad: GF at the store is almost all white carbs and loaded with sugar:mad::mad::mad::mad:

93boomer

Premium Member
Checking in. Did my 4 miles inside cause it is just too cold out. And now since we had a little rain, everyone is out burning all their yard limbs and leaves. Not good for my breathing. I haven't even gone out and already had to use the inhaler. :mad: Hope this singulair kicks in soon. After lunch, I am finding a nice yoga tape and zoning out. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Checking in. Did my 4 miles inside cause it is just too cold out. And now since we had a little rain, everyone is out burning all their yard limbs and leaves. Not good for my breathing. I haven't even gone out and already had to use the inhaler. :mad: Hope this singulair kicks in soon. After lunch, I am finding a nice yoga tape and zoning out. :)
Sympathy like, I'm glad most people around here just shred or compost yard waste:joyfull: Hope the meds kick in soon xoxo

Sans Souci

How does he feel about soy or coconut yogurt with some chopped up fruit? It's quick and easy.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did a couple of workouts from one of the streaming sites I subscribe to. I like her toning workouts, her cardio is "meh"--lots of drills. I was kind of surprised with the number of calories I burned. But I did a 30 minute cardio wo followed by a 23 minute lower body workout.

So, I think I'll see doing this for a bit. :)

Sans Souci

Sympathy like. NO MORE MOVING!

If this were to happen, my husband would quit. He has to stay for a year at this job or else we have to pay back the relocation cost. He started this job in May, so we're coming up on a year. He would just work there in the week and fly home at the weekend. The only thing I am miffed about is moving needlessly. I had a life back home and I had to leave it all behind. :(

MinnieM123

Premium Member
If this were to happen, my husband would quit. He has to stay for a year at this job or else we have to pay back the relocation cost. He started this job in May, so we're coming up on a year. He would just work there in the week and fly home at the weekend. The only thing I am miffed about is moving needlessly. I had a life back home and I had to leave it all behind. :(

Hopefully, thing will eventually look up for both of you. With this present job, it sounds like you're both less than thrilled with the particulars. Really hoping he finds a better job elsewhere, in due course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom