working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
good morning 6 inside miles done 2 miles at a time because all 3 of my guys had to get up and leave with a packed lunch at different times today.:mad: i felt the need for sweet this morning so I made a fresh pineapple and vanilla protein powder smoothie:hungry: I'm still fullish so lunch will be a basic salad and for dinner veggie soup(made with whatever is still in the house, grocery shopping is tomorrow LOL), the guys are getting split pea and yellow squash fritters

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello-

I am still working out! I just took an internetz break for a while and have been slowly coming back online. :)

I starting mixing in indoor cycling classes about twice a week. (Anymore than that is dread inducing :p) . My husband bought a spinning bike after Christmas and I finally started using it. I think I need to buy a gel cushion seat cover. I have been spinning for about a month now, but my "butt bones" are always sore for days after wards. :hilarious:

This snow has killed all of my flowers that have started opening. I had snow drops, daffodils and crocuses in bloom. Now they are matted into the ground from the weight of the snow. :( :mad:

Also, as of yesterday, I am down 23 lbs. :)

My jaw dropped when I read you were down 23 pounds!! :jawdrop: Well, you certainly are an inspiration, I must say! I've kept off 12 of the 15 pounds I lost at the end of last year, and I'm trying to get myself psyched again to 8 more, but it's hard to motivate myself sometimes. Anyway, congratulations on your weight loss--that's a lot of self sacrifice to pull that off.

Sans Souci

My jaw dropped when I read you were down 23 pounds!! :jawdrop: Well, you certainly are an inspiration, I must say! I've kept off 12 of the 15 pounds I lost at the end of last year, and I'm trying to get myself psyched again to 8 more, but it's hard to motivate myself sometimes. Anyway, congratulations on your weight loss--that's a lot of self sacrifice to pull that off.

Thank you! :) I do a lot of emotional eating. We've moved 3 times between December 2014 and August 2016. Two of those moves were to London and back. Then my husband was unemployed for about 8 months. So, I was doing a lot eating to self-soothe. (Mostly carb-y things, too.) I took steps to get that under control and lost 8 lbs on my own. In January, I joined Weight Watchers Online and lost the remaining weight. I really like WW. It gives me flexibility and I prefer it to counting calories. I am now in the range for normal weight for my height and age, but I'd like to lose a few more lbs. :)

Sans Souci

Welcome back! but CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW 23 pounds is amazing! tell me about the weather, I'm lucky my flowers weren't quite budding yet so I still have hope. I miss your instant pot ideas

Thank you. I was going to post a before and after and thought it might be too much! LOL

Are you getting ready for this Nor'easter? My husband is supposed to go to Manhattan Tuesday morning for a conference Tuesday and Wed. I am thinking that's a hard "No," since they are now under a Blizzard Watch up there. :hilarious: He thinks the Acela will still be running. He has to get to the train station, though. LOL

I still use my Instant Pot a few times a week. Last week, I made a really tasty soup and "unstuffed" cabbage rolls.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thank you. I was going to post a before and after and thought it might be too much! LOL

Are you getting ready for this Nor'easter? My husband is supposed to go to Manhattan Tuesday morning for a conference Tuesday and Wed. I am thinking that's a hard "No," since they are now under a Blizzard Watch up there. :hilarious: He thinks the Acela will still be running. He has to get to the train station, though. LOL

I still use my Instant Pot a few times a week. Last week, I made a really tasty soup and "unstuffed" cabbage rolls.
I think Amtrack may shut down if it's as bad as predicted. I got my shopping done and plan on spending tomorrow cooking most of the day just in case we have power problems. Funny you should mention unstuffed cabbage because that's one of the things on my cooking list but I'm making a turkey roaster full:hilarious: that "meatloaf, some type of Chinese with tofu, mac and "cheese", cole slaw, turkey burgers, a curry for me, and something with part of the pork loin I got. I almost forgot waffles lots of waffles:eek:

Sans Souci

I think Amtrack may shut down if it's as bad as predicted. I got my shopping done and plan on spending tomorrow cooking most of the day just in case we have power problems. Funny you should mention unstuffed cabbage because that's one of the things on my cooking list but I'm making a turkey roaster full:hilarious: that "meatloaf, some type of Chinese with tofu, mac and "cheese", cole slaw, turkey burgers, a curry for me, and something with part of the pork loin I got. I almost forgot waffles lots of waffles:eek:

I told him him it probably wouldn't be running with a blizzard. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire conference is cancelled, people are supposed be coming in from all over the US.

I made a big batch of soup in my Instant Pot this morning and portioned it out into containers. I have a load of food. I am hoping we don't lose power. I predict some massive shoveling sessions in my future, too. :cautious:

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did a 78 minute video I found on You Tube. :depressed:

I made a chicken curry for dinner tonight. I wasn't feeling it. I usually like curry, but I didn't enjoy this. Oh, well. LOL

My husband is driving me crazy with this stupid storm. He keeps talking about it. He decided to leave for NY tomorrow night, instead of Tuesday. :grumpy:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I did a 78 minute video I found on You Tube. :depressed:

I made a chicken curry for dinner tonight. I wasn't feeling it. I usually like curry, but I didn't enjoy this. Oh, well. LOL

My husband is driving me crazy with this stupid storm. He keeps talking about it. He decided to leave for NY tomorrow night, instead of Tuesday. :grumpy:
Which video was it? I hope he already booked a room because they book up quickly and make sure he has one for Tuesday night because he won't be able to get out of the city!!!! and curry:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry: the chicken not so much LOL

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Well, I'll get in some exercise this week--snow shovelling!! :happy: We're supposed to get 12-18 inches here. I actually enjoy shovelling snow, and it burns a lot of calories. :)
Again and with love seek help! There are so many better ways to burn calories:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::inlove:

Sans Souci

Which video was it? I hope he already booked a room because they book up quickly and make sure he has one for Tuesday night because he won't be able to get out of the city!!!! and curry:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry: the chicken not so much LOL

It was this video (I think I posted it before.) She's not everyone's cup of tea. She's kind of full of herself, but I pretty much tune her out when I do her workouts. (Although, I do admit to rolling my eyes at some of her comments.) LOL

He is booked on the train tonight and extended his stay at the hotel for tonight, too. His boss wanted to send him on this conference to "develop" him (which is a good thing!) and it cost a pretty penny to register. So, he is dead set on going. The conference ends Wednesday night. He originally wanted to leave tomorrow morning and come back Wed. night. He was in Boston all of last week and he didn't get home until 9 PM Friday (and he is supposed to go back next week). Boo.

Sans Souci

Well, I'll get in some exercise this week--snow shovelling!! :happy: We're supposed to get 12-18 inches here. I actually enjoy shovelling snow, and it burns a lot of calories. :)

That is how I am trying to approach this. It's an opportunity to burn calories. I might wear my heart rate monitor. :hilarious: The only thing I don't like is we have more area to shovel than I did in Illinois. My drive way is larger and I live on a corner. :(

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
It was this video (I think I posted it before.) She's not everyone's cup of tea. She's kind of full of herself, but I pretty much tune her out when I do her workouts. (Although, I do admit to rolling my eyes at some of her comments.) LOL

He is booked on the train tonight and extended his stay at the hotel for tonight, too. His boss wanted to send him on this conference to "develop" him (which is a good thing!) and it cost a pretty penny to register. So, he is dead set on going. The conference ends Wednesday night. He originally wanted to leave tomorrow morning and come back Wed. night. He was in Boston all of last week and he didn't get home until 9 PM Friday (and he is supposed to go back next week). Boo.
THNX and sympathy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom