working out for Disney

epcotisbest

Hello,

It's me again. I did a dance workout tonight. I was sore from yesterday's workout, so this was a low key workout. No squats, lunges or handstand kicks. :hungover:

I have chili in the Instant Pot right now. It takes 5 minutes. :)

Five minutes? That amazing. My chili takes hours. Gotta consider one of those instant pots, but my wife's stance is we already have way too many kitchen gadgets, with several of them just taking up space in the attic.

epcotisbest

So this morning I made a ridiculously huge, overstuffed omelette using some of the leftover Peri-Peri chicken I grilled the other day. Sauteed onions, bell pepper, chicken, cheese and hot sauce made for a very tasty filling for the omelette. This was a huge portion size, and no, I did not eat it all by myself, but shared it with my wife, so this is actually two servings.

peri peri omelette4.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
So this morning I made a ridiculously huge, overstuffed omelette using some of the leftover Peri-Peri chicken I grilled the other day. Sauteed onions, bell pepper, chicken, cheese and hot sauce made for a very tasty filling for the omelette. This was a huge portion size, and no, I did not eat it all by myself, but shared it with my wife, so this is actually two servings.

View attachment 184758
Yet again I'm impressed with both your culinary skills and sharing large portions. Keep it up!:joyfull:

Sans Souci

Five minutes? That amazing. My chili takes hours. Gotta consider one of those instant pots, but my wife's stance is we already have way too many kitchen gadgets, with several of them just taking up space in the attic.

It does take longer than 5 minutes, because I sautéed the onions and the ground turkey breast in it. Then it takes 5 minutes to come up to pressure. So, it is longer than 5 minutes. I do like that once I put the lid on, I can do other things and not have to worry about stirring or burning. I easily use it 4-5 times a week for things like rice, hard cooked eggs, porridge, chicken breast, dinner, etc. It's been a great investment.

epcotisbest

I guess I am kinda bored after we got back from the holiday trip and that boredom has resulted in my posting a lot of stuff on here. Would not be surprised if I get put on the ignore list soon. Anyway, here is something else to share with you for no reason at all.
I have really been enjoying our Yeti Rambler tumblers. We have the 20oz. and 30oz. sizes. I use the 20oz. for coffee and the 30 ounce for cold drinks.
Today I got to thinking perhaps if I warmed up the cup first before putting the coffee in it, the coffee would stay warm even longer, since it would not get cooled off since the stainless steel was already warm when the coffee went in.
I ran hot water in the cup and let it sit while making that huge omelette, then poured out the hot water and now had a nicely pre-warmed tumbler to brew the coffee directly in to.
Worked like a charm. I took the tumbler full of coffee with me and slowly sipped on it all morning, deliberately trying to make it last to see how long it would remain warm. What little was left was still warm at lunch time. Brilliant.
The 30oz. will keep ice all day and night with some left the next day. I know because I have forgotten it and the next day there is the cup I left and it still had ice in it. We have a couple of each size of the Yeti brand and a couple of the 30oz. size of the Member's Mark brand from Sam's and they seem to work about the same, with the Sam's tumblers costing about 1/3 the price of the Yetis.
OK, back to work.

yeti20.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I guess I am kinda bored after we got back from the holiday trip and that boredom has resulted in my posting a lot of stuff on here. Would not be surprised if I get put on the ignore list soon. Anyway, here is something else to share with you for no reason at all.
I have really been enjoying our Yeti Rambler tumblers. We have the 20oz. and 30oz. sizes. I use the 20oz. for coffee and the 30 ounce for cold drinks.
Today I got to thinking perhaps if I warmed up the cup first before putting the coffee in it, the coffee would stay warm even longer, since it would not get cooled off since the stainless steel was already warm when the coffee went in.
I ran hot water in the cup and let it sit while making that huge omelette, then poured out the hot water and now had a nicely pre-warmed tumbler to brew the coffee directly in to.
Worked like a charm. I took the tumbler full of coffee with me and slowly sipped on it all morning, deliberately trying to make it last to see how long it would remain warm. What little was left was still warm at lunch time. Brilliant.
The 30oz. will keep ice all day and night with some left the next day. I know because I have forgotten it and the next day there is the cup I left and it still had ice in it. We have a couple of each size of the Yeti brand and a couple of the 30oz. size of the Member's Mark brand from Sam's and they seem to work about the same, with the Sam's tumblers costing about 1/3 the price of the Yetis.
OK, back to work.

View attachment 184793
I would never put you on ignore! I look forward to your pics and your take on things. xoxo

epcotisbest

Inspired by @Sans Souci and the instant pot chili, I picked up some ground beef at lunch and browned it while prepping the onions and green bell peppers. Stuck it all in the fridge and when I got here a while ago, I put it all on to simmer with a can of diced tomatoes, tomato paste, kidney beans, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, hot sauce and something new I dumped in the pot, Green Valley Ranch Smokehouse Marinade because I like the flavor. We will see how it affects the results.
My wife has a late meeting at the second of two offices she had to go to today, so it will simmer for a few hours before she gets home. If it turns out any good I'll snap a pic or two. Ah, who am I kidding? If it turns out nasty, I am still gonna snap a pic or two.
Thanks for giving me the idea.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

My brother is doing some kind of fasting deal with a group of people at their church. They are only having liquids, broth, things like that for 21 days. He says it is a struggle and he has not been sending me any of his grilling photos because he has not been grilling lately. I still send him photos. He said to stop it for now, which I promptly ignored.
I have been sending cooking photos to him and in the subject line of the emails I have been putting stuff like "Basket full of puppies," "cute little kittens," "Land Shark," "Do not look at this," "Rise Up," "How 'bout them Dawgs," stuff like that.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My brother is doing some kind of fasting deal with a group of people at their church. They are only having liquids, broth, things like that for 21 days. He says it is a struggle and he has not been sending me any of his grilling photos because he has not been grilling lately. I still send him photos. He said to stop it for now, which I promptly ignored.
I have been sending cooking photos to him and in the subject line of the emails I have been putting stuff like "Basket full of puppies," "cute little kittens," "Land Shark," "Do not look at this," "Rise Up," "How 'bout them Dawgs," stuff like that.

:hilarious:

You're funny! Actually, I approve of you trying to knock some sense into your brother. What the heck reason would he want to just have liquids for 21 days? Keep sending him photos of your delicious food--maybe he'll snap out of it and go back to healthy eating.

Sans Souci

I would be so hangry by 3 PM on the first day. Can he have smoothies, or just clear liquids? I might be able to last a little longer with smoothies.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I did a 45 minute toning-type workout. It was ok, not my favorite.

I made chickpea cutlets tonight. I hadn't made them in years. I don't think my husband was too impressed. :rolleyes:
Recipe please. That sounds good:) The boys have requested chick pea loaf this week. I was going to make it tonight but seeing I was stuck inside yesterday I made Rice with bean and chicken and veggies for tonight. Hopefully I'll get some fun things done today.:) Most likely it will be more like cleaning and laundry:cautious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom