working out for Disney

epcotisbest

I am guessing nobody cares but I am sitting here watching Led Zeppelin Celebration Day. What an amazing concert. Got the surround sound cranked and the subwoofer shaking the walls. The wife and dogs are not enjoying it as much as me. This was recorded 10 years or so ago and for old guys they were jamming. Jason Bonham on drums...amazing.
I never realized what a strong performance John Paul Jones gave until now. Currently Page is doing the violin bow thing on Dazed and Confused, but I am waiting for Kashmir, my favorite.
One thing...the video editor sure has a short attention span. Not one single shot from any angle is on screen for more than three or our four seconds at most. All the stupid jumping around from one camera to another, and I mean constantly, is just plain annoying, but it does not distract from the excellent sound. I just have to close my eyes ever now and then to take a break from the jumpy, choppy video editing. Awful video editing.
Still waiting for Kashmir, where I plan to turn it up even louder.

epcotisbest

Almost midnight on a Saturday and here I sit. Finished watching the concert and turned off the surround sound so maybe my wife and the two yappers can get some sleep. I'll probably be up for awhile yet, then will sleep off and on then get back up early. Insomnia kinda sucks and is tiring too.
Did not walk any today, used the cold and ice as an excuse, but the truth is I could have used the elliptical if I had wanted to, I just talked myself out of it.
Did stick with the watching the carbs thing. Had some chicken marinated in Italian Dressing then oven roasted. My wife made some roasted broccoli to go with it.
She made home made buttermilk biscuits for breakfast this morning along with eggs, sausage and apple butter.
I stuck with it and did not have any biscuits or apple butter, but man I really wanted one or two of those warm, tasty biscuits.
If I get the sugar back in line and start losing some of the holiday weight I put on, I will treat myself to a biscuit or two, maybe with some fried chicken, or onion rings...maybe both.
Now I'm just making myself hungry, and I am babbling aimlessly...sorry.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am guessing nobody cares but I am sitting here watching Led Zeppelin Celebration Day. What an amazing concert. Got the surround sound cranked and the subwoofer shaking the walls. The wife and dogs are not enjoying it as much as me. This was recorded 10 years or so ago and for old guys they were jamming. Jason Bonham on drums...amazing.
I never realized what a strong performance John Paul Jones gave until now. Currently Page is doing the violin bow thing on Dazed and Confused, but I am waiting for Kashmir, my favorite.
One thing...the video editor sure has a short attention span. Not one single shot from any angle is on screen for more than three or our four seconds at most. All the stupid jumping around from one camera to another, and I mean constantly, is just plain annoying, but it does not distract from the excellent sound. I just have to close my eyes ever now and then to take a break from the jumpy, choppy video editing. Awful video editing.
Still waiting for Kashmir, where I plan to turn it up even louder.
I knew there was a reason I like you:joyfull: That would have been the perfect time to get on the elliptical:D edit should have read next post:facepalm:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Almost midnight on a Saturday and here I sit. Finished watching the concert and turned off the surround sound so maybe my wife and the two yappers can get some sleep. I'll probably be up for awhile yet, then will sleep off and on then get back up early. Insomnia kinda sucks and is tiring too.
Did not walk any today, used the cold and ice as an excuse, but the truth is I could have used the elliptical if I had wanted to, I just talked myself out of it.
Did stick with the watching the carbs thing. Had some chicken marinated in Italian Dressing then oven roasted. My wife made some roasted broccoli to go with it.
She made home made buttermilk biscuits for breakfast this morning along with eggs, sausage and apple butter.
I stuck with it and did not have any biscuits or apple butter, but man I really wanted one or two of those warm, tasty biscuits.
If I get the sugar back in line and start losing some of the holiday weight I put on, I will treat myself to a biscuit or two, maybe with some fried chicken, or onion rings...maybe both.
I hope you got some sleep.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning another day of easy breezy yoga because I have a gazillion errands to run. (groceries, fabric store, box store, mall etc.) So I am planning on spending quite a bit of time on my feet:joyfull: I made enough food yesterday so I don't have to cook, just chop salad veggies when I get home:joyfull: Stay warm and safe today and do not go out if it's icy!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

If you can deal with some exercise (even taking a long walk outdoors), that can help tire you out a bit, and you might sleep better at night. My hunch (going by my own experience) is that if I have a day of just sitting around, it's harder to sleep--just not tired enough. So I hope you can get out for a brisk walk for a while today, and enjoy nature sights along your way! :)

P.S.: Take the doggies with you on the walk--they'll enjoy it as much as you!!

epcotisbest

I hope you got some sleep.
Yeah, a little bit. What I long for is a nice, long, uninterrupted stretch. I am usually only good for a couple of hours stretch of sleep at a time. I do have some prescription sleeping stuff but don't much like it and when I give in and take it I have the most confusing dreams and wake with a pounding headache.

epcotisbest

If you can deal with some exercise (even taking a long walk outdoors), that can help tire you out a bit, and you might sleep better at night. My hunch (going by my own experience) is that if I have a day of just sitting around, it's harder to sleep--just not tired enough. So I hope you can get out for a brisk walk for a while today, and enjoy nature sights along your way! :)

P.S.: Take the doggies with you on the walk--they'll enjoy it as much as you!!
18 degrees and a little breezy here this morning...weather you probably like but I do not. Good advice though and I will do just that as soon as it warms up...early May perhaps. :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yeah, a little bit. What I long for is a nice, long, uninterrupted stretch. I am usually only good for a couple of hours stretch of sleep at a time. I do have some prescription sleeping stuff but don't much like it and when I give in and take it I have the most confusing dreams and wake with a pounding headache.

That's the problem (headache, after the fact) with many of the sleep aids. If I get really stressed out (which luckily does not occur often), I'll take 1/2 dosage of an over-the-counter one. It's enough to just take the edge off my restlessness, and I eventually go to sleep. The next morning, I'll have a slight headache, but not bad and it goes away by itself. The one time I took a full dosage, I had a bad headache in the morning (actually had to take some aspirin to kick it out); so after that, I only used 1/2 the sleep aid dosage. Fortunately, I don't have a sleepless issue very often, as a package of sleep aids will last me usually a whole year.

Goofyernmost

I don't know if you have mentioned this or not, but, have you been tested for sleep apnea? Do you snore? Wake up suddenly distressed even if you can't remember why? I used to wake up every hour or so. Sometimes I would go back to sleep other times I would get up and watch TV or just sit there staring out the window. Then go back to bed, sleep for another hour and do it again. I finally got tested after I fell asleep at the wheel and almost drove into a deep, deep ditch. Fortunately, as soon as my tires left the pavement it woke me up and I was able to save it from being worse. They put me on Cpap and it changed my life. I could sleep through the night and I was never tempted to discontinue usage. My heart had enlarged attempting to get oxygen to my body, my blood pressure was high. All things that came under control after I started to use it.

You may not have anything like that, but, apnea can take years off your life and not worth the risk guessing that it's something else. Just for what it's worth my friend. I'm sorry if you have already considered and ruled it out because that isn't the problem, however, if you haven't it might be well worth pursuing.

Just a warning though, as we get older, we do not sleep through the night very often. Other systems start to demand more time. :) However, I have found that if I wake up now, I just make sure I don't fall into old habits and get up and wander around. I go back to bed and before I know it.. I'm out like a light again.

epcotisbest

Note to self...when it is 18 degrees, and the local guys are saying that the windchill this morning is 2 degrees...at least think about putting on a coat before you take out the trash in your pajamas, t-shirt and slippers. That or move the stupid trash can closer to the house.
18 degrees with a windchill of two. That is Jersey weather right there. I would no more be in Jersey in the winter than I would go walking around outside in my pjs.
Oh, wait...

epcotisbest

I don't know if you have mentioned this or not, but, have you been tested for sleep apnea? Do you snore? Wake up suddenly distressed even if you can't remember why? I used to wake up every hour or so. Sometimes I would go back to sleep other times I would get up and watch TV or just sit there staring out the window. Then go back to bed, sleep for another hour and do it again. I finally got tested after I fell asleep at the wheel and almost drove into a deep, deep ditch. Fortunately, as soon as my tires left the pavement it woke me up and I was able to save it from being worse. They put me on Cpap and it changed my life. I could sleep through the night and I was never tempted to discontinue usage. My heart had enlarged attempting to get oxygen to my body, my blood pressure was high. All things that came under control after I started to use it.

You may not have anything like that, but, apnea can take years off your life and not worth the risk guessing that it's something else. Just for what it's worth my friend. I'm sorry if you have already considered and ruled it out because that isn't the problem, however, if you haven't it might be well worth pursuing.

Just a warning though, as we get older, we do not sleep through the night very often. Other systems start to demand more time. :) However, I have found that if I wake up now, I just make sure I don't fall into old habits and get up and wander around. I go back to bed and before I know it.. I'm out like a light again.

Thank you for the informative post. I appreciate it.
I actually got scheduled for the sleep test thing a couple of years ago. It was a very nice facility and they had the rooms set up like a very nice residential bedroom. Once I arrived, they got me all set up for the test and then started hooking me up to all kinds of sensors. With so many wires all over my face, head and chest, I looked like something out of a science fiction movie.
I laid there wide awake until something like 3a.m. before they finally concluded I was not going to go to sleep at all. They got me unwired and I made the drive home, untested.
Repeated it again about a month later with the same results...no measurable data because there was no sleep patterns to test.
I suspect you are probably right about the apnea thing and probably need to check into it more closely, or see another doctor or something.
Thanks again. That driving thing sounds scary. Have not had that happen, but I have dosed off in my recliner or at my desk during the day multiple times.

Goofyernmost

Thank you for the informative post. I appreciate it.
I actually got scheduled for the sleep test thing a couple of years ago. It was a very nice facility and they had the rooms set up like a very nice residential bedroom. Once I arrived, they got me all set up for the test and then started hooking me up to all kinds of sensors. With so many wires all over my face, head and chest, I looked like something out of a science fiction movie.
I laid there wide awake until something like 3a.m. before they finally concluded I was not going to go to sleep at all. They got me unwired and I made the drive home, untested.
Repeated it again about a month later with the same results...no measurable data because there was no sleep patterns to test.
I suspect you are probably right about the apnea thing and probably need to check into it more closely, or see another doctor or something.
Thanks again. That driving thing sounds scary. Have not had that happen, but I have dosed off in my recliner or at my desk during the day multiple times.

That worst thing about falling asleep at work (besides getting fired of course) is that I knew I was "nodding off" but, I didn't think that I was actually sleeping. After I got on the machine my co-workers informed me that I was actually falling asleep and snoring and they would discuss whether or not to wake me up. I didn't know that was happening, very embarrassing.

Anyway, just in the last few years they have come up with new ways to follow ones progress. In fact the Cpap machines themselves are mini computers. People skilled in reading the outputs can determine what is happening without all those wires, etc. It really is a dangerous situation if left undiagnosed and untreated. It also does require that the person with the problem be determined to make it work. I, myself, could never understand when someone said, that mask or nose pillow is not comfortable, so they stop using it. To me dying was a much greater problem then a little getting used to something as simple as that. I even have one friend who, for the time being is still alive, stopped using it because his wife didn't like the sound of the machine. I assume she has made sure his insurance is paid up. I just don't understand that way of thinking.

epcotisbest

That worst thing about falling asleep at work (besides getting fired of course) is that I knew I was "nodding off" but, I didn't think that I was actually sleeping. After I got on the machine my co-workers informed me that I was actually falling asleep and snoring and they would discuss whether or not to wake me up. I didn't know that was happening, very embarrassing.

Anyway, just in the last few years they have come up with new ways to follow ones progress. In fact the Cpap machines themselves are mini computers. People skilled in reading the outputs can determine what is happening without all those wires, etc. It really is a dangerous situation if left undiagnosed and untreated. It also does require that the person with the problem be determined to make it work. I, myself, could never understand when someone said, that mask or nose pillow is not comfortable, so they stop using it. To me dying was a much greater problem then a little getting used to something as simple as that. I even have one friend who, for the time being is still alive, stopped using it because his wife didn't like the sound of the machine. I assume she has made sure his insurance is paid up. I just don't understand that way of thinking.

Thanks. In reality, I have no real excuse for not insisting on getting this problem corrected, or at least looked at closer. Or, upping the insurance payout for my wife.

Goofyernmost

I misspoke the other day when I mentioned that the 6th would have been my wedding anniversary. I knew better, but, for some reason connected, momentarily that date and my wedding date. It is a honest mistake since January was always a very heavy "special occasion" laden month. There was New Years Day, follow by the 4th which was my Mother and Father's wedding anniversary (would have been 73rd anniversary). The 6th, it turns out was the original due date in 1974 of my first born. She starting the long habit of being late for everything wasn't actually born until the 16th. Then my sisters and my Aunt's Birthday on the 23rd and my brother in laws birthday on the 24th. My 45th anniversary would have been today, the 8th of January. Right about this very moment 45 years ago we would have been in our car headed for the start of our Honeymoon in Montreal (Queen E) and on to Quebec City (Chateau Frontenac).

And awful lot of water has passed under that bridge over all those years. Many were very happy and wonderful years as we raised a family, made plans for the future, loved, laughed and worked our butts off trying to make it. It didn't have a happy ending, but, did last for 29 years and ended completely with her passing on the 15th of September 2016. As I look back I get a combination of sadness and happiness. Sadness that we couldn't have continued on together until one or the other of us succumbed to life and Happiness because the two results of our marriage went on to be successful, happily married, wonderful parents and the two absolute best things that ever happened to me or likely ever will. So I cannot help, but, celebrate a life joined together 45 years ago today.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

I misspoke the other day when I mentioned that the 6th would have been my wedding anniversary. I knew better, but, for some reason connected, momentarily that date and my wedding date. It is a honest mistake since January was always a very heavy "special occasion" laden month. There was New Years Day, follow by the 4th which was my Mother and Father's wedding anniversary (would have been 73rd anniversary). The 6th, it turns out was the original due date in 1974 of my first born. She starting the long habit of being late for everything wasn't actually born until the 16th. Then my sisters and my Aunt's Birthday on the 23rd and my brother in laws birthday on the 24th. My 45th anniversary would have been today, the 8th of January. Right about this very moment 45 years ago we would have been in our car headed for the start of our Honeymoon in Montreal (Queen E) and on to Quebec City (Chateau Frontenac).

And awful lot of water has passed under that bridge over all those years. Many were very happy and wonderful years as we raised a family, made plans for the future, loved, laughed and worked our butts off trying to make it. It didn't have a happy ending, but, did last for 29 years and ended completely with her passing on the 15th of September 2016. As I look back I get a combination of sadness and happiness. Sadness that we couldn't have continued on together until one or the other of us succumbed to life and Happiness because the two results of our marriage went on to be successful, happily married, wonderful parents and the two absolute best things that ever happened to me or likely ever will. So I cannot help, but, celebrate a life joined together 45 years ago today.

Must be a bittersweet day for you. I hope you were indeed able to celebrate what you made together beginning 45 years ago. Those happy, wonderful years I hope bring you good memories and hope the happy memories vastly outweigh the sad ones.
I doubt anything can ever top being a parent to two who have become successful and happy in their lives, due in no small part to having parents who loved and cared for them.
Again, hoping the happy memories made today a little easier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom