working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Preview
Thank you!!!!!!! @disneysince71 undenialbly TOTALLY COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Sorry, that sounded really insensitive of me. :( I was once went to a class that was nothing but chanting, headstands and burning patchouli incense. It wasn't for me and it put me off yoga for a long time. I felt totally out of my depth.

Oh, it didn't come across that way at all! An experience like that would put anyone off--that's why we like our DVDs, right? ;) What I was trying to say was something along the lines of, "it's easy to tell that yoga works just by looking at anyone who practices it regularly", which your results seem to show as well. I'm intrigued that your yoga workout is on DVDs, and I will check out the ones you mentioned.

I don't know if you know about Fitness Favorites. It's a one woman operation and she is (legally) converting the old FIRMs. I have only used the Body Sculpting Systems, but I keep looking at the older ones. I know of so many people who got in great shape using them back in the day. I can get past the older sets and music. Your muscles can't see them, anyway.

I also order from Collage and I am active on their forum. :)

I love Collage and pop in on their forums now and again, but don't participate--it's all I can do to keep up here at wdwmagic--they seem like a supportive and enthusiastic group, though. I'm pretty sure I'd heard about that woman on their website. Since Gaiam started putting out the classics, I've been throwing one into my cart whenever one of their $6 weekly sale items catches my eye, so I can get the free shipping! :p I have a couple of the newer FIRMs, I like Rebecca Sturkie.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Oh, it didn't come across that way at all! An experience like that would put anyone off--that's why we like our DVDs, right? ;) What I was trying to say was something along the lines of, "it's easy to tell that yoga works just by looking at anyone who practices it regularly", which your results seem to show as well. I'm intrigued that your yoga workout is on DVDs, and I will check out the ones you mentioned.

I love Collage and pop in on their forums now and again, but don't participate--it's all I can do to keep up here at wdwmagic--they seem like a supportive and enthusiastic group, though. I'm pretty sure I'd heard about that woman on their website. Since Gaiam started putting out the classics, I've been throwing one into my cart whenever one of their $6 weekly sale items catches my eye, so I can get the free shipping! :p I have a couple of the newer FIRMs, I like Rebecca Sturkie.
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) Anything to get moving is a good thing!!!!!!:)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
We had a thread going here called Disney diet buddies that has some really great info in it if you guys have some time to check it out. In that thread I learned about a blog called Skinny Taste. It's amazing! I cook dinner almost exclusively from her recipes now and haven't come across a dud yet. The recipes are complex in flavor but not in preparation or ingredients. I really can't say enough good things about her recipes. If you're looking for some flavorful and tasty yet healthy meals check it out!

I've been missing that thread! Are you feeling any friendlier towards Tracey Mallett these days? :D

Dragged my butt out of bed today (note to self don't forget to take vitamins) fronts passing through always make me feel just so.........!!! Any way I forced myself to do a 5 mi Indoor power walk dvd and I feel better for it!! I can't wait for spring to walk outside more!

Isn't there a saying about no one ever regretting working out once it's done? :)

I have to start packing for my vacation next week, and I always include a bunch of exercise DVDs that don't require equipment, so I can stay "on the wagon" while I'm away. We'll have a one-bedroom at Wilderness Lodge villas, so I can get up early and get in a workout. While we do plenty of walking at WDW, it's not really at a fast enough pace to count as exercise. ;) Some of my vacation favorites are QuickFix Total Kick, Kelley Coffey-Meyer's 30 Minutes to Fitness, Tracie Long's Weightless, and Crunch Fat Burning Ab Attack.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Oh, and I did an hour of body sculpting yesterday. I mustn't have worked hard enough, though, because my thighs are not screaming at me today. ;)

I was happy to notice that it was light out at 6:30 this morning when I woke up--that's my cue to return to my weekday workouts! I'll be at WDW when we spring forward next weekend, so definitely when I come home from vacation, I'll be amping up the exercise.

It seems as if a number of us use exercise videos--what are some of everyone's favorites? Particular workouts or instructors. I'm a fan of Jessica Smith and Tracie Long.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) Favorite dvd's Jillian Michael's no more troube zones kettle bell ripped in 30 biggest loser boost metabilism, Leslie Sansone walk at home 5mi and 5mi with boosters, Yoga Works, a couple of Body by Jake (he's gonna get a body by Figgy if I ever find him) Zumba Rush for kinnect​

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I've been missing that thread! Are you feeling any friendlier towards Tracey Mallett these days? :D.

Lol no, she is still a very mean lady! :D I couldn't hang, I went back to Turbo Fire after a few weeks. I'll revisit Tracey at some point. I may put up a bar, I think my chair may have been an awkward height and caused form issues.

93boomer

Premium Member
Hey guys! Sorry I've not been on but have just returned from long weekend with my DH to the beach! We had a great time and it stayed nice out so I got all my walking done!!
Sounds like this group is really encouraging to all of us! Keep up the good work!! Missed you Figgy:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hey guys! Sorry I've not been on but have just returned from long weekend with my DH to the beach! We had a great time and it stayed nice out so I got all my walking done!!
Sounds like this group is really encouraging to all of us! Keep up the good work!! Missed you Figgy:)
Missed you too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to hear you kept up with your walking!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Sans Souci

Hello-

I am checking in with a Strength practice. It never gets any easier, but that's good. There's still room to grow. I am leaving for WDW on Thursday and I am bringing my yoga DVD and my travel yoga mat. I have a mat sling and I bring it as carry on.

@Tiggerish It's good to see you join us. I love Jessica Smith, too. She is so sweet. Before I started my yoga program, I was doing mostly Cathe Friedrich, Jari Love, Amy Dixon, Amy Bento and Tonique.

@figmentfan423 If you like walking workouts, check out Jessica Smith's You Tube channel. She has some walking workouts and a few different types, too. They are full length, not "samples". Here is one of her walking work outs.

@Eeyore Are you talking about "Booty Barre"? I always get so close to ordering that, but there's something about barre workouts that make me feel like a bipedal moose.

Have a good evening, everyone!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I am checking in with a Strength practice. It never gets any easier, but that's good. There's still room to grow. I am leaving for WDW on Thursday and I am bringing my yoga DVD and my travel yoga mat. I have a mat sling and I bring it as carry on.

@Tiggerish It's good to see you join us. I love Jessica Smith, too. She is so sweet. Before I started my yoga program, I was doing mostly Cathe Friedrich, Jari Love, Amy Dixon, Amy Bento and Tonique.

@figmentfan423 If you like walking workouts, check out Jessica Smith's You Tube channel. She has some walking workouts and a few different types, too. They are full length, not "samples". Here is one of her walking work outs.

@Eeyore Are you talking about "Booty Barre"? I always get so close to ordering that, but there's something about barre workouts that make me feel like a bipedal moose.

Great to hear your moving and will try to keep up in the world YEA!!!!!!!!:) Thanks for the info writing it down now!:)

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member

Yeah, Booty Barre total body I think. Its tough! And I consider myself to be an advanced exerciser. I never considered myself graceful by any means but after attempting that workout for a few weeks I now understand why my mom refused to enroll me in ballet when I was little :D It is a good workout. I think with the proper equipment and some patience anyone would get really great results with it. My workout schedule was already really full so I felt ok dropping it out of the rotation.

Mawg

So I found the motivation to run yesterday and today for an hour each day. Last night’s dinner was steak and chicken Greek kabobs with saffron rice, roasted cumin chickpeas and cauliflower and Greek yogurt cucumber and tomato salad. Tonight’s dinner was cottage pie made with ground turkey, carrots, onion, peas, beef bouillon and red wine topped with mashed potatoes made with half cauliflower, skim milk and powdered popcorn butter side dishes of steamed broccoli and a green salad with a homemade mustard vinaigrette. Both dinners were delicious and my own creations. Probably should not have had the Belgium Ale with it!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
So I found the motivation to run yesterday and today for an hour each day. Last night’s dinner was steak and chicken Greek kabobs with saffron rice, roasted cumin chickpeas and cauliflower and Greek yogurt cucumber and tomato salad. Tonight’s dinner was cottage pie made with ground turkey, carrots, onion, peas, beef bouillon and red wine topped with mashed potatoes made with half cauliflower, skim milk and powdered popcorn butter side dishes of steamed broccoli and a green salad with a homemade mustard vinaigrette. Both dinners were delicious and my own creations. Probably should not have had the Belgium Ale with it!
Congrats so proud of you for gettin up and moving YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!:) Those food choices sound yummy nutritious and lower calorie!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!:) 1 ale no biggie moderation is key! Keep up the good work!:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning all!:) Just finished my morning workout and my legs feel like jelly but that's good:mad: ok maybe not so good feeling now but it only lasts a little while! Really pushed myself today Zumba long class I did pretty well for someone with 2 left feet! I finished it off with a 5mi walking dvd! So get up and get moving!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom