working out for Disney

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning just LS 5 advanced miles. I'm going walking at sunrise. I'm not doing long outside walks for the next few days. I'll do shorter walks and come in to hydrate often. Today is clean out the fridge day!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@figmentfan423 , I was watching a few minutes of a cooking show on TV. I think it was called Pioneer Woman and she reminded me a little of you. She cooks for a brood of people all the time, and that is her full-time job (I don't think she works an outside job). Her family works outdoors on the ranch. She specialized in down home cooking, and all her food looks so delish!! :hungry:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
@figmentfan423 , I was watching a few minutes of a cooking show on TV. I think it was called Pioneer Woman and she reminded me a little of you. She cooks for a brood of people all the time, and that is her full-time job (I don't think she works an outside job). Her family works outdoors on the ranch. She specialized in down home cooking, and all her food looks so delish!! :hungry:
I'm lucky the boys and their friends are outside today:) Burgers for dinner tonight:hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

Sans Souci

Hello-

I haven't worked out get, but I might squeeze a little work out in yet. I did walk up and down the Boardwalk at Ocean City and hit my step goal. It was a nice afternoon. We had lunch at a little Greek diner and then walked down the beach. It was hot with a breeze that kept the heat feeling tolerable. I do prefer Cape May over Ocean City, but that's because Cape May doesn't feel as "touristy" as OC. I would go back to OC, for sure, but Cape May is a little more serene.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I haven't worked out get, but I might squeeze a little work out in yet. I did walk up and down the Boardwalk at Ocean City and hit my step goal. It was a nice afternoon. We had lunch at a little Greek diner and then walked down the beach. It was hot with a breeze that kept the heat feeling tolerable. I do prefer Cape May over Ocean City, but that's because Cape May doesn't feel as "touristy" as OC. I would go back to OC, for sure, but Cape May is a little more serene.
Look at you going all Jersey girl:), won't be long before you know every exit on the Parkway LOL

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Have not posted many grilling pics lately, mostly out of respect for our vegetarian friends, but this really turned out well and thought I would share it. Meatloaf, served with broccoli, raisin and onion salad and fresh sliced tomatoes.

View attachment 152999 View attachment 153000
Thank you but I put a very large tray of peppers, onions, potatoes and real sausage on the grill yesterday. I cook meat, just don't eat it.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Almost forgot to post LOL 5 advanced miles done. My later in the morning walking group has cancelled today due to the heat. I'm going out with the sun to walk with the other early birds. Hydrate, hydrate and repeat!

epcotisbest

Oh, one more thing...the photo of the meatloaf with tomatoes and the broccoli salad shows a stark contrast to what used to be served with meatloaf. Typically mashed potatoes dripping with butter (or a big ole serving of french fries), a bowl of baked beans laden with brown sugar and bacon, maybe a tray of biscuits, then a big ole piece of cake topped with ice cream. Then later would be a meatloaf sandwich loaded with mayo and a half bag of tater chips. So, eating good is easy, I don't really miss all the other stuff except maybe the chips, and while I am at a weight loss plateau and have to start trying harder to drop some more pounds, eating better can be fun and tasty.
I am still at the point of eating better but still too much. If only calories weren't so tasty and water was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom