working out for Disney

epcotisbest

Good afternoon!! Coming to the party late! A lot has been going on.
Bad tstorms knocked out my internet, it has stormed every day for the last two weeks. Ugh!! My computer is dying a slow death! And my DD's dog got hit and died Monday. :(
Trying to get in the swing of things again. Having to walk inside instead of outside with these storms. Need fresh air!
Hope you are all doing well! Hanging in there!
Sorry to hear. We can't buy a raindrop here, but storms are passing to the north and south, or fizzle out before the rain gets here. Sorry about the dog. A loss of a pet is difficult to handle, at least for me.

93boomer

Premium Member
Sorry to hear. We can't buy a raindrop here, but storms are passing to the north and south, or fizzle out before the rain gets here. Sorry about the dog. A loss of a pet is difficult to handle, at least for me.
Thank you!! It is very hard to handle for anyone that is close to their pet. I will have a hard time when my cat goes. You can have our extra rain. We've had 5 inches in the last two weeks.

Goofyernmost

Thank you!! It is very hard to handle for anyone that is close to their pet. I will have a hard time when my cat goes. You can have our extra rain. We've had 5 inches in the last two weeks.
Heck, we had 4.5 inches here just in two hours two nights ago. Minor flooding in the usual areas. By morning if you hadn't seen it rain the night before you wouldn't have known it.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Bad tstorms knocked out my internet, it has stormed every day for the last two weeks. Ugh!! My computer is dying a slow death! And my DD's dog got hit and died Monday. :(
Trying to get in the swing of things again. Having to walk inside instead of outside with these storms. Need fresh air!

So very sorry to hear about your dog. That is really tragic. My sympathy to your family.

Sans Souci

I am so sorry about your daughter's dog passing away. Losing a furry family member is so hard.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did two You Tube videos today, they were barre work outs. They burned a lot. :'( ;).

SO, today I had a run in with this woman in the laundry room at this hotel. I had my timer on phone set to the MINUTE to come down and remove my underwear from the washing machine. I swear, they had been in the washing machine no more than 30 seconds after the washing machine stopped. I had the timer on my phone on to remind me. I get down there and my underwear are on the table. She moved my UNDERWEAR. I had come down with another load. I was using ONE washing machine. I said, "I am not done with that machine." She said, "Well, I have ten loads." I said, "I don't see why that should affect me doing my laundry." She gave me the nastiest look. Then I went to use the dryer, she said, "You can't use that one." Then I went to use another one, she said, "You can't use that one, either, I washed those both." What? WHAT?!? I ignored her and I put my load in and I said, "I am going upstairs for more change. My underwear better still be in there when I return." and I slammed the dryer door. I came back down with my change and my underwear were still in the dryer. But my goodness, if looks could kill, I'd be a dead woman right now. LOL Seriously, if you have ten loads of laundry to do in a hotel with two washing machines, maybe you should drive your butt to the laundromat. WTH? :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello-

I did two You Tube videos today, they were barre work outs. They burned a lot. :'( ;).

SO, today I had a run in with this woman in the laundry room at this hotel. I had my timer on phone set to the MINUTE to come down and remove my underwear from the washing machine. I swear, they had been in the washing machine no more than 30 seconds after the washing machine stopped. I had the timer on my phone on to remind me. I get down there and my underwear are on the table. She moved my UNDERWEAR. I had come down with another load. I was using ONE washing machine. I said, "I am not done with that machine." She said, "Well, I have ten loads." I said, "I don't see why that should affect me doing my laundry." She gave me the nastiest look. Then I went to use the dryer, she said, "You can't use that one." Then I went to use another one, she said, "You can't use that one, either, I washed those both." What? WHAT?!? I ignored her and I put my load in and I said, "I am going upstairs for more change. My underwear better still be in there when I return." and I slammed the dryer door. I came back down with my change and my underwear were still in the dryer. But my goodness, if looks could kill, I'd be a dead woman right now. LOL Seriously, if you have ten loads of laundry to do in a hotel with two washing machines, maybe you should drive your butt to the laundromat. WTH? :hilarious:

I hate any sort of public laundromat. For many years, I had to use them and (some) people got crazy and possessive. Witnessed a number of arguments between people. The worst public laundromat I used (over 20 years ago), had a bar room across the street from it. So not only did you have to deal with an occasional obnoxious laundromat customer, but you also had to deal with an occasional drunk who'd stagger over to the laundromat, to try and pick up women there. :rolleyes:

Sans Souci

I hate any sort of public laundromat. For many years, I had to use them and (some) people got crazy and possessive. Witnessed a number of arguments between people. The worst public laundromat I used (over 20 years ago), had a bar room across the street from it. So not only did you have to deal with an occasional obnoxious laundromat customer, but you also had to deal with an occasional drunk who'd stagger over to the laundromat, to try and pick up women there. :rolleyes:

I hate them, too. I used the laundry room here last month without issue and foolishly thought this trip would be the same. Drunk men coming to hit on women in laundromat--that sounds like a recipe for success :hungover:. Gross. The last time I had to use a laundromat, I was pregnant with my son and our washing machine had conked out. There was only other person in the laundromat and she saw I was pregnant. She was waaaaayyyyy too concerned about whether or not I was going to nurse my son once he was born--including unsolicited opinions about my future ability to nurse. She made me very uncomfortable and I left. :cautious:

Laundromats are freak show magnets...

Goofyernmost

I decided years ago that I would go without food before I was without a washer and dryer. When I was looking for an apartment here in the Raleigh area I was shown an apartment that didn't have hookups for said W & D. I said, are you serious? He replied that "they had a really nice laundry area in the complex and surely that wouldn't be a problem". Wrong, it was a total deal breaker for me and has been since I got out of the service in 1972. I have compromised on just about everything else, but, I will not bend on that. I hate doing laundry as it is, I surely would be wearing the same clothes until they got to stiff to bend, if I had to drag it out to some other place to do it. Yes, I am a spoiled, not so rich kid. If one looks around they can buy used washers and dryers cheap, so I could never see the logic in not having them. Just a couple of months ago a person moved out of our complex and had an almost brand new Hotpoint Washer and Dryer set. I offered them $100.00 for the pair and they sold them to me. I sold my old set perfectly working, but older, for $25.00. How long, at today's rates would it take to go through $25.00 just feeding those pay as you go machines? I guess the key is having a hook up where you live. Anyway, I'm sure everyone is sitting on the edge of their chairs wondering what the moral of this story is. Sorry to say... none! Just a classic case of mental diarrhea.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

What the what? Thank goodness it's not long until your vacation and then your own washing machine. I hope this transition time passes quickly!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster

I hate them, too. I used the laundry room here last month without issue and foolishly thought this trip would be the same. Drunk men coming to hit on women in laundromat--that sounds like a recipe for success :hungover:. Gross. The last time I had to use a laundromat, I was pregnant with my son and our washing machine had conked out. There was only other person in the laundromat and she saw I was pregnant. She was waaaaayyyyy too concerned about whether or not I was going to nurse my son once he was born--including unsolicited opinions about my future ability to nurse. She made me very uncomfortable and I left. :cautious:

Laundromats are freak show magnets...
That's one of the many reasons we rent a condo on vacation. I like having a kitchen and a washer and dryer. Not being able to do laundry would be a deal breaker!

Sans Souci

Good morning I got up and did some Zumba. I did the happy single digit dance, I wore workout wear to bed last night just to say I did it in my jammies:hilarious:

I went back to college to finish a degree I'd started. I used to sleep in my workout clothes and throw my shoes and socks on at 5 AM to workout. It was the only time I could squeeze in a work out before classes. I know exercise is supposed to wake you up in the morning, but once I showered, got ready and got on the train, I'd fall asleep all the way into the city. LOL

Sans Souci

I haven't worked out today. It got really humid over night and my sinuses are killing me. I am looking for a lighter day type work out. I have some Jessica Smith downloads with me, so I might do one in a bit. I have taken some ibuprofen, so I will wait for that to kick in. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I haven't worked out today. It got really humid over night and my sinuses are killing me. I am looking for a lighter day type work out. I have some Jessica Smith downloads with me, so I might do one in a bit. I have taken some ibuprofen, so I will wait for that to kick in. :)
Sympathy like! Hope it kicked in quickly!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom